ITT: Retardedly overrated albums

How so? The majority thinks Ride the Lightning is better.

Doesn't stop Master of Puppets from getting its dick sucked to hell and back by people who haven't bothered to listen to Ride the Lightning

A moon shaped pool is 2/10

Unknown Pleasures is one of the weakest post-punk albums of the 70's

Shut the fuck up

>niggers getting restless now
What did James mean by this?

everything by kanye west radiohead the beatles nin muse beyonce burial miles davis and frank sinatra

I agree somewhat
But then its univeraslly hailed as the best post-puk album. How could it possibly live up to the hype?

you know nothing about rock music, really nothing.
one day you'll understand.

Not overrated

Slint - Spiderland

did you go to radioheads concert crazyaga

Literally anything by ACDC. Straight garbage rock

Anything by:
Nirvana
Pink Floyd
Metallica
Animal Collective
Joanna Newsom
Radiohead
Taylor Swift
MF Doom
Velvet Underground
Slayer
Talking Heads
Wu Tang Clan
Joy Division

I fucking hate Burial.
The vocals are awful.

Both of these.

Still great but not even Top 5 Miles lol

Don't talk to me or my son ever again.

>DSOTM
>not overrated
I'm a Floyd fan myself but you have to admit it's not as great as people paint it

Btw Crazyaga, how are you doing?

I'm fine

nope

you crazy

I don't think so but I do think they have better albums.

nope.

This is so wrong. Wow you guys have shit taste

hot take

mostly dad rock, why you like that shit?

>Anything by these well known and acclaimed artists is shit

You don't fit in yet, fucking contrarian

any shoegaze album really, but that one is especially bad
>not realizing he's right

The dadrock label is so fucking cringy. Explain how is it derogatory and why is it shit.

>Dark Side of the Moon
y'all are full of shit

It's a great album but maybe you could call it overrated in comparison to other prog albums which get nowhere near the attention.

My gf and I were actually talking about why this album is so overrated, and we concluded that it was basically the 'metalhead' version of American Idiot. So 14 year old you, innocent and naive, finds this album and realises they're singing about the corrupt nature of the world in some way, and it's basically the first time they realise that the system is corrupt in x way. Thus begins the non-conformity conformity of angsty music and rudeness, until they hit adulthood and realise that all those things are just common sense. Yeah the government manipulates events and people for their own gain. They control the country. Why would you expect anything less?

Where most people (see: American Idiot kids) grow out of the album once they realise it's just singing about commonsense, metalheads are stuck in a perpetual manchild state, and are forever in this 'damn the man' kind of mindset. Hence why Master of Puppets, which is essentially just common sense 'secrets' with guitar riffs, is sucked off by these people

what are your top 3 favourite albums

i like my metal where you can't even hear whatever bullshit agenda the singer has
burzum is great

Come at me bitches

>"Damn the man"
I think that is really downplaying MOP's lyrical themes.
>Drug addiction
>War
>People being used for War
>Lovecraft
>Insanity
>Religion
It's an album about control/power, whether that be "the man", an abuser, or some thing such as drugs. Damage Inc is about rebelling against it.
It's also nowhere near as poppy as American Idiot

Yet you haven't moved past a juvenile world view yourself senpai

t. nu-male

There's two songs on the album about the "corrupt nature of the world in some way"

DSOTM and Sgt Peppers deserve every bit of praise they get. It's just a shame they've been wrote about to death and name-dropped by normies to appear as though they have great taste.

>The dadrock label is so fucking cringy. Explain how is it derogatory and why is it shit

Did you ever have to be subjected to the Eagles or REO Speedwagon in the car while your dad was driving you to your Little League games? If so, you'll understand why people hate dadrock.

I like both of those bands.

These albums are all GOAT. I kinda feel bad for you guys for not having the same amazing experiences I've had with them.

>People hate dadrock

Have you ever stepped outside Sup Forums?

MoP is overrated only because people say it's metal's best when it's not even Metallica's best (RtL). MoP is still amazing.

Anything hiphop/rap related.
It tales no talent nor skill

I couldn't really imagine these not being overrated

Agreed

I can see it

Wrong

nahh

>I was abused by my father so I hate anything associated with him

uhhh... that's not Niggas on the Moon

please delet this

hahaholy shit, what are, in your opinion, his top 5 albums, or 5 albums of his that are better than this masterpiece?

>tfw incredibly abusive father listened to shitty music like Engelbert Humperdinck and Billy Ocean so I'm not shackled by this bullshit
Feels good man

Fuckin' a. What a horrid piece of shit.

Is it time for you to go back to school, kiddo?

definitely these. They aren't even bad, but the way people on here talk about em you'd think they'd be mindblowing

What's so special about this?

>t. I can't into negative space because I am too ADHD

Everything from Kendrick Memar.

I've listened to a lot of thrash and MoP is in no way generic. Not very good sure but it sounds pretty distinct.

>2 to 4 measure pop hooks instead of intricate jazz improvisations; very limited language of improvisation from all instruments
>repetitive grooves with very little subtle changes if at all, missing the point of good jazz drumming
>tries to make up for this by having many instruments to try to make for a compelling arrangement, but they are almost always playing together near the exact same times, making the concept pointless
Funny how these complaints also apply to The Epic as well, yet only one of them gets shit on.

agree strongly.
>only 2 good songs are side 1 track 1, side two track 1.
>everything else is garbage
>prove me wrong, protip, you cant, it's a bullshit album by a 'greatest hits' album band.

Only agree with this so far

"no"

i like it because i heard it a lot as a very young kid

lol i just saw you in the EEnE thread

This is bait or a Megafag posting

this, it's a soft concept album about forces of control. RtL is similar but about ways to die.

>WE'RE SO FUCKED
What did James mean by THIS?