>knew how to write and read sheet music
>knew how to conduct an orchestra
>still wrote songs about poop and peepee

Name more squandered potential than Zappa

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UDYzuwG-gOE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>peaches en regalia
I heard this song played in the opening of a normie podcast so people who say he had not hits can stfu

For better and for worse, his musical persona includes an odd aspect: a passion for satirical lyrics. He always seemed more comfortable wearing the clothes of the clown than rewriting the history of music. He always seemed to think of satire as his first and main art, and music as a sort of soundtrack to it. His satirical tone ranged from the childish joke to bitter sarcasm, and he tended to excel at the latter end of the spectrum. His favorite victim was hypocrisy, regardless of how it appears in society. His natural targets were televangelists, corporations, politicians, but also ordinary people, whether "dancing fools", "catholic girls" or "jewish princesses". He showed no mercy for the human species, and relentlessly exposed its vices and perversion. He made fun of virtually every race, people, profession, hobby, habit, job, ideology, religion, etc. on this planet. Most of his repertory is "political", but without actually being militant. Zappa was not a protester or an activist. He was merely a man who used his brain. It turned out that, in one of nature's most bizarre accidents, Zappa the satirical genius shared the same brain with Zappa the musical genius.

But no, it's all about poop and peepee.

That's pretty much the thing about Zappa. You look at the cover of "We're Only In It For The Money" and it's pretty clear that the guy was very much a satirist first. Hell, just the name is pretty much satire.

Earliest albums were the best, linda wish joes garage & yerbouti were in a different language

Just Because It's Satire Doesn't Mean It's Good

Why exactly? And who did it better? Filthy Frank, Poppy and other epic meme lords?

>knew how to compose music
>knew how to write and read sheet music
>knew how to conduct an orchestra

Those things really aren't that impressive

Well, can you do it, Mr. Cuckold?

Anyone can really

Actually, yes

youtube.com/watch?v=UDYzuwG-gOE

"It's not important to even be remembered."

8:48

Did you people actually listened to most of his albums? Do you just ignore the tons of instrumentals and complex compositions he made and focus on one aspect of his music you don't like?

I have a feeling that Muse could be amazing if they really tried. They have a lot of potential but it's a damn shame that Bellamy is so unaware of the quality of his music

Ive been sitting here trying to think of one particular song where his compositional skills shined through. But I realize now that his compositional skills have always shined through, they have just been sprinkled intermittently in all of the music he has made.

this

a full listen of läther should be in place for every single person that doubts zappa's compositional and instrumental skill

Anybody that was ever in band in middle school can do the first two.

Baby's first alternative artist

Zappa wasn't talented, he was just a tryhard. His "composing" of "sheet music" was just spamming, he didn't even know what it sounded like when he put pen to paper. Just an overachieving crypto-jew who conned a bunch of edgelord boomers into thinking he was a genius bc he wasn't good looking

man that gave me the chills what a fucking legend

Hey there, people, I'm Bobby Brown
They say I'm the cutest boy in town
My car is fast, my teeth is shiney
I tell all the girls they can kiss my heinie
Here I am at a famous school
I'm dressin'sharp 'n' I'm
Actin' cool
I got a cheerleader here wants to help with my paper
Let her do all the work 'n' maybe later I'll rape her
Oh God I am the American dream
I do not think I'm too extreme
An' I'm a handsome sonofabitch
I'm gonna get a good job 'n' be real rich

Women's Liberation
Came creepin' across the nation
I tell you people, I was not ready
When I fucked this dyke by the name of Freddie
She made a little speech then,
Aw, she tried to make me say when
She had my balls in a vice, but she left the dick
I guess it's still hooked on, but now it shoots too quick
But now I smell like Vaseline
An' I'm a miserable sonofabitch
Am I a boy or a lady... I don't know which

So I went out 'n' bought me a leisure suit
I jingle my change, but I'm still kinda cute
Got a job doin' radio promo
And none of the jocks can even tell I'm a homo
Eventually me 'nd a friend
Sorta of drifted along into S&M
I can take about an hour on the tower of power
As long as I get a little golden shower
With a spindle up my butt till it makes me scream
An' I'll do anything to get ahead
I lay awake nights sayin,' "Thank you, Fred!"
Oh God, Oh God, I'm so fantastic!
Thanks to Freddie, I'm a sexual spastic
And my name is Bobby Brown
Watch me now; I'm goin' down,
And my name is Bobby Brown
Watch me now; I'm goin' down, [etc.]

Being unique really has no value on this board.