Why was Fury Road so good when reboots are normally so bad?

Why was Fury Road so good when reboots are normally so bad?

Same director/creator.

Off topic: aside from the source material, wasn't there a similar link between the 1927 Ben Hur, and the Charlton Heston one?

grrl power to an acceptable minimum, didn't put CGI where it didn't belong.

>Good music
>creepy weird vibe from bad guys
>good color scheme
>real action
>minimal cgi

What's not to like?

Tom Hardy mumbling incoherently makes any movie good

it wasn't

I love when he looks on the floor like a socially awkward autist.

For one, by not being a reboot. Two, rather than a soulless cashgrab, it was something Miller had been developing for literally twenty years, so all of his passion & talent were put into it.

This film was feminist propaganda and you've all be cucked.

>le fury road is feminist

are we still posting this meme

Yes, because in the end the girls literally take out all of the water. While being in a apocalyptic setting where water would be one of the most valuable resources.

huh makes you think Women have no long time planing skills.

Who gives a fuck?

It wasn't though.

This.
So what if it has a feminist theme?
Doesn't make the movie any less kino objectively speaking?

Cecil B. Demille made the original and the first remake of Ben Hur if I remember correctly yes

It's like you've never watched the other mad max movies. Woman have always been empowered in them.

George Miller.

Because it wasn't a Reboot? It's a direct Sequel to "Beyond Thunderdome" and "Fury Road" was exact that kind of Movie which Miller wanted to do with "Road Warrior" but hadn't the technical possibilities and Budget to do it.

>huh makes you think Women have no long time planing skills.
Oh why hello there

A better question is, how the fuck did George Miller make the original three movies, fuck off for 30 years, make happy feet, then somehow possess the technical mastery of modern filmmaking to produce one of the finest action flicks of all time and win a shitload of awards?

He worked on Babe too.

my thoughts exactly, can't wait to see if he dares to make another film

Because the original was also bad. It had pretty sweet effects and i liked that dude with the guitar.

Original creator and director, R-rating, action and execution more important than the action and no WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE REMEMBER THIS FROM THE OLD MOVIE? shit.

This tbqh.

It wasn't a reboot. It was just a continuation of Max's overall story. All of the previous Max stories took place in the same universe as FR.

I love how Fury Road was Miller shaking his head and sighing at the conventions of most modern action films, rolling up his sleeves and then showing us what we've been missing the past couple of decades.

(You)

>this movie is bad because it doesn't fit with my narrative

Original creator, an immense amount of creative freedom, 12 year development, and a film series that never really bothered with continuity making a 30 year gap not a big deal.

Also what this user said The movie regardless of if you like it or not is a technical filmmaking marvel and smoked just about every other vehicular action film ever made. It's insane that this doddering old grandpa just reset the playing field for how to film action.

Babe is pigkino.

>yfw Max left because he knew Furiosa and the brides were going full retard and end up wasting all the water

>fury road
>good
It was decent movie when considering music, action shots and overall atmosphere, but it was worse Mad Max movie. I feel cheated. I bought Mad Max movie and i got movie with Charlize as main charachter and Max as literal blood bag. He didnt do anything. If he didnt appear nothing would be different. I was really disapointed.

If Fury Road is what being cucked feels like, I'm ready to be a cuck.

>If he didnt appear nothing would be different.
furiosa and friends would have all died several times over because Max was the only one with any sense in the movie.

I am pretty sure you didn't watch the movie

Sorry, but this just sounds like what a bunch of people said when it released without thinking about it.

>this can't be happening, I'm in charge here!

without max and his master plan, the gurls would had died in the desert

max is pure Kino
furiosa is just his partner, even she feels inspirated by him
>feminism where m8?

For the same reasons that the prequels are not trash like tfa, but no one will ever admit that because it's uncool to believe this certain truth for whatever reason.

gay ass faggots

Because it took the series to it's logical conclusion and progression

Mad Max
>World going to shit, Max trying to keep order and normality
Road Warrior
>World totally gone to shit, Max has given up but finds a little humanity left
Thunderdome
>New crazy world starts to form, Max just wants out
Fury Road
>World has gone completely mad, and so has Max

Plus top notch practical effects, an amazing soundtrack, and blistering pacing.

It was good, but I really didn't like it the first viewing. Too much action made it all blur together, sort of like the GI Joe movies.

this desu senpai

Mad Max is a kino;
Fury Road is a flick. A good one, but a flick.

It is an extremely dense movie and it is hard to pick up on all the subtleties that make it great the first time. Even just down to the design of the villains and the details of the cars and shit.

>look at me IM STRONK FURIOSA
>I NEED NO MAN
>look at us, were independent strong smart women, we are not property
>PLEASE SAVE US MAX

Mad Max is literally the opposite of a feminist film.

It shows the Vuvulani, a group of radical women who shoot men and only live among other women. Theyre a bunch of old angry hags without any hope or aim in their miserable lives

It shows the young and idealistic women not being content with being in a harem for an old disgusting fuck.

It shows Furiosa being an actually badass warrior woman, who kills men regularly.

GUESS FUCKING WHAT?

They all need an Alpha male to lead them. They need a true man to help them get their goals.

This movie is about masculinity. Its an homage to the old heroes. It shows that a strong and determined hombre can change the world, by doing good.

Mad Max represents the warrior. Something long labelled as "toxic" in our liberal society.

Look at the warboyz.

Theyre weak, pathetic, sickly, do as theyre told and they literally have no purpose except to die. They have no interaction with women in the entire film.

They represent the modern nu-males being led by a liberal agenda into twitter-witch hunts.

Mad Max is how men should be.

Pretty much. On my second and third times viewing it, I enjoyed it a lot more because I had more time to look at other things and appreciate what I was seeing. It still sat with me poorly the first viewing though.

Which is fair, I came out of it the first time with too much adrenaline and hype to have a bad time but I can appreciate why someone would feel like you did.

other way around bub

S C H L A N G E R

Lack of JarJar Abrahms

A lot of peopel point out the scene where Furiosa shoots over Max's shoulder as some sort of feminist empowerment scene, but when I went back and watched the movie, they establish that she's good with that rifle in multiple scenes. And it would make sense that she's better with HER OWN RIFLE

>fury road
>amazing movie
>still flops

BRAVO DISNEY/MARVEL

I feel like most people who enjoyed the movie have our reactions. The other people I was with were like you, hyped as fuck and full of energy. There was another guy with me that felt like I did.

Except that it made a hefty profit, wowed critics, and two sequels are being considered.

>no sequels
>profit

kek

warner bros are too busy investing in cultural genocide

Makes sense, probably a left brain/right brain kind of thing. I try to stick with the emotions of the movie the first time then analyze later.

Such a boring movie, nothing happens. They drive out to a desert and back again. And if you think explosions and flaming guitars are good replacements for story you should fuck off to reddit.

War boys are /fit/ as fuck though

They range from /fit/ as fuck to DYELs and everything in between.

it wasn't.

Awesome stunts and little in your face exposition. Nice little details that were never mentioned or had a big relevance like the midget or the fat chicks getting milked. Good shit overall.

>literally "half-life"
>literally have tumors all over their body
>literally covered in white powder for protection against sunlight

Not fit at all, but then again Im not a homosexual, so I dont know exactly what you mean by /fit/.

>Feminist empowerment scene
People are fucking retarded, end of story.

How do you know that the white powder was used for sun protection? I miss that detail.

Fury Road isn't a reboot, you dumb fucking cocksucker

Because that's what natives and abos and shit do in real life.

Don't they already have cancer? Why would a little sun hurt them?

Heat stroke.

The feminist bullshit for starters

TFA was the worst reboot I've ever seen

except it is

Such as?

Utilized modern special effects/minimal CGI to improve a franchise with solid world building. Also its clear George Miller loves his movies