Wondering if any Lawtards are in here, here is the deal...

Wondering if any Lawtards are in here, here is the deal, a person I know who is 26 just got arrest for sexually asulting a 15 and 16 year old girl, he was a councler at a school for kids with mental disorders (bipolar disorder, anorexia etc) his charges were second and fourth degree sexual assault. How much time is he looking at? Pic not related

Other urls found in this thread:

cga.ct.gov/2003/olrdata/jud/rpt/2003-R-0376.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

5-20 years. Probably 7.

Depends on the state, Second Degree alone in my state is good enough for 10years.

16 is legal age though in most states so the charges relating to that could probably be thrown out.

>sexually asulting a 15 and 16 year old girl, he was a councler at a school for kids with mental disorders

right in my fucking wheelhouse!!!

Ct is the state
I just think it's going to be worse Bc the school is for mentally disabled children (not like Down syndrome) and Bc he was a councler there

What even is second and fourth degree mean?

18 would be legal
Adult maybe 17 for consent

i'll agree although depends on previous shit .
if he is clean af he might go with a 3-4 , if he had any other shit on record i'd say a 10+

Just a DUI

No 16 is consent most states, I think Florida is about the only one that's higher than 17.

The only exception are states with romeo laws.

Consent = legality

He'll need to find a good lawyer, and it may even be beneficial to see a psychologist to show that he's not a deviant. If its shown that it was just a moment of weakness he may get off with just probation.

If he goes straight in with a Public defender his ass is going away for a long time, he'll be on the SO registry regardless of what happens.

I'm pretty sure age of consent is 17 in CT, even so the article posted in the paper labeled them both as children

His family had money....a lot of it

Anybody under 18 is listed as a child in the news. consent is entirely different.

and it's 16 in CT

cga.ct.gov/2003/olrdata/jud/rpt/2003-R-0376.htm

He'll get probation, provided he's white, I didn't have that much money and got off with that my last and only felony.

Yes but you were not a counselor working at a school for special needs children

LOL
Age of consent or not, he was in a position of power over them and they might or might not have control of their own legal rights.

Life as a registered sex offender sucks.

Take out as many Jews as possible while clothes in an ISIS flag and end with death by cop.

Wait, is that Ted Cruz?

Ct fag here.
Hes 100% fucked.
He fucked a minor, stat charge right there
Hell prob get lewd acts charge
Bunch of other misc charges
What murkd him is being a faculty member of a place where kids frequent, even worse it was for kids who are mentally messed. Id smell yearsss of time.
His only chance is she isn't far off mentally and is just manic or depressive, not reet.

16 in ct but the person cant be more than 2 years older to have intercourse. So 16 and 18 yr old or 17 and 19. 18 is game.

If he was a Counselor he was in a "position of trust" and that changes the matter of consent. CT laws actually applies to teachers & HS student above 18yrs old.

In CT Sexual assault in the second degree is class C felony or, if the victim of the offense is under 16, a class B felony. A class C felony is punishable by one to ten years imprisonment, a fine of up to $10,000, or both; a class B felony is punishable by one to 20 years imprisonment, a fine of up to $15,000, or both. In either case, the court may not suspend or reduce nine months of the sentence. In addition, the violator must register as a sex offender for 10 years.