This is all I've ever wanted from rock music

This is all I've ever wanted from rock music.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ff4an7i1o78
youtu.be/2G1wT-Co308
genius.com/Killing-joke-i-am-the-virus-lyrics
youtu.be/vl8m8PzmdbA
youtube.com/watch?v=9XKLdLet6Pk
youtube.com/watch?v=71b7c43iMqo
youtu.be/TFcGLAfNwSs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's a great album. Their next album was great too.

Killing Joke are easily one of my favorite bands of all time. Amazing consistent discography. I like this phase in KJ's career when they went a little New Wavey. Night Time is simply god tier and as the above comment says Brighter Than A Thousand Suns is good too. This didn't end well though as they then released Outside the Gate which is Killing Joke's worst album mostly because Geordie barely played guitar on it. After that they said fuck the mainstream and got nasty and intense again. Maybe the only band that got more angry as they aged.

This album is another great by them. 2003 s/t.

Seeing Red
youtu.be/ff4an7i1o78

The Cure with a little more testosterone

A little?

Have you heard Hosannas From The Basement Of Hell? It's almost straight metal.

I havent listened to their whole discography yet

That cover is pretty fucking dope tho

Giving this album a try, now this I can get into

1980 s/t 9/10
What's THIS For...! 8/10
Revelations 7/10
Fire Dances 8/10
Night Time 10/10
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns 8/10
Outside the Gate 6/10
Extremities, Dirt & Various Repressed Emotions 9/10
Pandemonium 7/10
Democracy 7/10
2003 s/t 9/10
Hosannas From The Basement Of Hell 7/10 (some people really dig this one; not me)
Absolute Dissent 8/10 (Great return to form after the death of Paul Raven)
MMXII 7/10
Pylon 7/10

I love Democracy and always thought it was highly overlooked, even by serious KJ fans. It was a great send-off for the band prior to their hiatus and it's one of my favorite rock albums of the 90s.
They did a great job at combining the primal savagery of their post-punk years with the melodic sensibility of the "sellout" era, and then combining those elements with the industrial rock/metal of the 90s albums without it all coming off as contrived or incoherent.

Great post. Agree. Very overlooked.

Their lyrics on the last 2 albums are some Infowars tier shit

This album was my gatreway into goth rock
Still won't get something as beautiful as Love Like Blood

HOW

Oh they are... Jaz is a pretty heavy guy in his opinions and beliefs. Colony Collapse. FEMA Death Camps. 9/11 denier. Doesn't use the Internet.

A taste from The Death and Resurrection Show release
youtu.be/2G1wT-Co308

Jaz really gets going at 4:29

genius.com/Killing-joke-i-am-the-virus-lyrics

>No one believes in nine eleven
>Steel frame buildings don´t fall in seconds
>Murderers in black robes decapitate innocents
>The public banks stare
>Did you sleep okay last night mister Blair

Jesus

>It's [US] different from 30 years ago. There's no rebellion left. Everyone is just a passive zombie. Food supply has something to do with its – dumbed down everyone to obese, lethargic corpses ... People are worn down ... It's a fragmented society. People have access now to amazing amounts of information, but their attention spans are getting shorter, their focus is gone. Instant gratification. Instant knowledge orgasm! I think that a lot of the great thinkers couldn't achieve what they did through a computer.
He's right.

>Doesn't use the Internet.

Doesn't watch TV either IIRC. I wish I had that sort of self-discipline, to be honest.

Oh I agree. I think about him often when I'm having tech related stress. Or been on Sup Forums for 8 straight hours...

Holy shit
Holy shit
Holy shit
Holy holy shit

Also for the hardcore fans

A single that was apparently released between Fire Dances & Night Time. Just found it myself after listening to The Singles compilation album.

Geordie's guitar work here is god tier.

youtu.be/vl8m8PzmdbA

Killing Joke have some very strong non-album tracks in their catalog.
This is probably my favorite. One of the very few songs that always hit me just as hard as they did the very first time I heard them. Superb guitarowrk.

youtube.com/watch?v=9XKLdLet6Pk

One of my favorite Killing Joke tracks

Sorry I couldn't resist

Reminder that the only reason Brighter Than A Thousand Suns sound as dated and neutered as it does is because the band's record label brought in a second producer and had him remix the album after the band and their first producer(Chris Kimsey, the same guy who worked with them on Night Time) already finished the album in the hopes that they could turn Killing Joke into a full-on arena goth band on par with The Cure.

Reminder that the 2008 reissue of the album restored the original Chris Kimsey mix and is the superior version of the album in every way, serving as a perfectly natural and organic continuation of what they were doing on Night Time in every regard. The bass guitar is given much more prominence, the reverb is reduced to a more tasteful level, the keyboards largely serve as an atmospheric flourish rather than as a leading instrument. It is a very good album.

youtube.com/watch?v=71b7c43iMqo

Thank you very much for this.

Would also like to say, been here since '08. Maybe the third Killing Joke thread I've seen.

>240p

I like the original video. Sorry.

Until yesterday I had only heard their first 2 but I got around to listening to Absolute Dissent and god fucking damn, that shit was great. I think I liked it more than their first 2, actually. It's a close call.

Thanks man
I knew something was wrong when I listened it, nothing really was prominent and it all sounded mershed

Definitely my AOTY 2010

Kind of funny you say that too as this was the return of Youth their original bassist. At the funeral of Paul Raven galvanized them to make Absolute Dissent. That's cool shit if you ask me.

And for a band that has some shit covers I really like this one.

yeah okay just focus on music, try to not listen to lyrics :^)

I love the way this album grooves. Awesome cover too. Is it the most excellent comeback ever?

>the keyboards largely serve as an atmospheric flourish rather than as a leading instrument
There's nothing wrong with keyboards as the leading instruments. There are people right now who prefer keyboards over guitars.

Yes. And why I don't talk shit about Dave Grohl. He got them back into the studio, played drums to settle the blood from the lawsuit before Cobain died.

Not when Geordie Walker is your guitar player.

that fucking chorus, reverb, and incredible guitar riffs

well im thinking of Night Time hahaha

Amen to that but somebody still owes The Damned.

Lol. Forgot about that.

Bump

Politics aside one of the greatest bands of the past 4 decades
Extremities never got the praise it deserved

youtu.be/TFcGLAfNwSs

Honestly I prefer the original released version. The track stems were blended much better. On this Chris Kimsey mix, the rhythm section seems from another film. It seems too separated from vocals, guitars and synths.