So i messed the lower left part of my back a month ago and to this day it still hurts. Should i be worried?

So i messed the lower left part of my back a month ago and to this day it still hurts. Should i be worried?

How bad

Go to a doctor

Pretty bad i could barely walk today.

Keep in mind i messed it up a month ago.

Probably tore or strained something.
Give it a full 2 months to heal.

Sounds good. Thanks

Does it feel like a shooting pain the reaches from your spine area and down toward the side/back of your ass/hip?

that **

Nope it is just on that exact spot. Bottom left hcorner of my back. Doesnt go down at all. But yeah i does feel like a small shotting pain at timea.

Is it near where your spine meets your hip, kind of on the hip bone?

serious back injuries never fully heal.

i hurt mine about five or six years ago, every so often it flares up so bad i can't walk for little to no reason at all.

Yeap right there thats exactly where it is.

Sounds like piriformis syndrome. If so, it could be caused by a strain or tear in the piriformis, a herniated disc, or a pinching in the sciatic nerve.

Basically this small muscle can put pressure on the Sacroiliac Joint and cause pain.

Best thing you can do is light stretching while laying on your back and side.

3x15secs stretching your hamstrings, piriformis, and quads. You should throw in calves if your hamstrings feel really tight. Then do 3x10 each of leg lifts, woodchoppers, and "all fours straight leg raise"

More info inc., posting to bump

at any given moment...no god,.,,no god

Wow thanks man ill start doing that towmmorow. I apriciate your help. Good night. And yeah i did a little reasearch and got the same result. Good to know ways treat it tho.

The problem is usually that your piriformis and sacroiliac can't heal because of a weak core, tight muscles, or combination of both. Something underlying injury could be causing this other muscle weakness.

If you strengthen your core just a bit, and loosen up the surrounding muscles, tension will be taken off the problem areas so it can heal properly. Do this routine LIGHTLY (you should never feel extra pain while doing it) and you should feel a relief in pressure within 3-5 days. If not, see a sports medicine or physical therapy doctor, not a chiropractor (since it isn't your spine and they're not real doctors)

This is not holistic BS by the way it's real physiotherapy medicine.

No problem, I've had various back injuries from sports and other recreational injuries so I've experienced this and the stretching really works. Make sure to keep at it a few weeks so you don't relapse.

If you do see a doctor, and he recommends surgery or painkiller shots before PT, he might be a hack, get a second opinion.

GL!

And again thanks man hope this works. Its been a harsh couple of weeks with this damm back hurting.

Im hoping it doesnt get to a point of surgery but if it is needed i guess i can give it a shot. Although yeah a second opinion could come in handy.

Also the picture was supposed to be of my cat i dont know what the hell kind of glitch happeed on my phone.

Wow, you know your shit. Not the same user, but if you are still here, I got a back injury at my job 11 months ago. Lotsa lifting warehouse job. Still hurts today, all through the center of my spine and surrounding muscles from the small of the back down to lower.

See a dr

Again I'm not a doctor but a patient, however this seems pretty textbook for a herniated disc. Usually requires an MRI to medically diagnose.

If you stand straight and try to bend down toward your knees (carefully and slowly for the love of god), you might feel a soreness in a specific spot on your spine. Likewise if you are able to safely recline on an angled surface (like a lifting bench at the gym) in a way where your head is lower than your hips, you might feel a relief or a sort of tugging sensation in that exact same area. This would be indicative.

Try the same stretching and exercises as for the piriformis thing, they're closely related injuries. Also, if you're able to do that reclining thing, and it feels good and doesn't hurt, look up inversion therapy. It can be done with the right kind of lifting bench (the ones for inverted crunches), otherwise just get an inversion table on amazon, they're under $200. 5-12 minutes of a light tug on that area will slowly but surely loosen up the gap and let the disc reabsorb between the vertebrae.

If you don't feel these described symptoms, it's probably piriformis syndrome or sciatica.

Really the key to all lower back injuries is to stretch and lightly exercise the surrounding muscles. These muscles tighten but rarely have a reason to have their opposite muscles stretched or activated in day to day life. Do these stretches and give it 5 days to a month, you'll feel better.

Aye, thank you for your time. You are one cool Sup Forumsro my dude. I'll try the inversion technique you mentioned. And the other stretches

Surgery on your back before you're age 60-70 just means you're either too fat or you lack the will to stay on a PT routine.

Yeah man, when I herniated a disc, the decompression of inversion started to feel like heaven after the first time or two. It can make you a little sore the first time, so please please be careful not to make it worse.

Best of luck

Also I forgot to mention, do all this stuff once a day. You can try twice a day if it's not making things worse, you're young, and you're fit.

If it is a herniated disc, don't sweat it. They're crazy common, and with a little stretching here and there, you can keep it under control forever. It can also sometimes heal entirely.

And this is all I want. To be healed. Thanking you again.

No problem! I'm off to bed so good luck. Post if you get better, maybe I'll see it. I like octopuses so a pic of one will get my attention.

Do see a doctor if my advice doesn't help, though! Not a chiropractor, they're not healers, they're just expensive pain relievers. They can be good in addition to real physical therapy though for some injuries.

Can I get sauce on the photo?

Believe me, the answer only raises more questions.