Opinions on bodyweight excercises to get into shape/build mass?

Opinions on bodyweight excercises to get into shape/build mass?

Pretty good to get into shape, completely useless for building mass.

Body building is a thing and it's already been made clear how the bid dudes are made.

You can go any, some or all of these ways to build muscle;
>Eat a kilometric fuckton of food throughout the day while lifting weight
>Lift heavy
>Cycle

You can also ignore safe cycling and get roided muscles in a couple months.

Makes sense i think of body weight excercises as a way to get prepared to bodybuild. Or a good filler while lifting weights. I have some fat under my nipple from when i lifted weights a few years ago do you think body weight excercises can help me get rid of the fat? I am 125lbs with very little fat so its pretty noticeable

>125lbs
Do you even lift?... Do you even metrics too?

Also, avoid /fit/ if you are too much of a noob. All the big roided guys are usually easy to spot.

No, don't get it wrong. When you are professional then you have food, money and many other things into the field, so you need to win. All profesionals 'need' to dope in order to maintain their high levels, otherwise they couldn't cope nor even compete.

I haven't lifted in awhile besides just some curls. I am genetically really scrawny when i was lifting 5 days a week for a year i only went up to like 137.5. went from a 95lb to 195lb bench. Ended up taking some prohormones but even then i still had trouble putting on the weight. p.s. i think the prohormones attributed to the fat under the nipple which is pretty bs because i cycled everything correctly even the nolvadex

Forgot to add. Take it easy when lifting. Don't let your ego risk you more than you already are risking, when you stall and you can't make a lift then deload without second thoughts.

If you want to go for really huge muscules then you can't do bodyweight for that.

For personal preferences, I think bodyweight sculpted bodies are more aesthetics because you end up looking like a piece of greek art made of meat and skin.

BUT, getting strong and big are highly related but not neccesarily the same. For getting strong and bodybuilding weights is the way to go, but from a practical point of view all the strenght in the world is useless if you don't know how to use it. So, if you want strenght for a sport then you gotta lift heavy and train in your sport too.

Most excersices don't translate directly into the playfield.

>taking drugs
disgusting. no wonder you fucked your body up.
eat more you idiot.

the short answer is there is none.

> get a p.t 1
> learn how to properly do your main lifts
> get a solid eating plan
> steady state cardio as often as possible.

me 120 kg to 79 kg and 10% body fat. and will be 90kg and 13 to 15 % at goal.

>was lifting 5 days a week
Did you fucking read the pic I posted?

Had you ever read Arnold Swatsanigger first book "Educating a Bodybuilder"... or something along those lines. I can't eve spell this nigger name for shit but he sure as fuck knows his shit.

Off course, this was from times when roiding wasn't so mainstream and it was done more respectfully.

This is why it's so rare for meathead bodybuilders to get to old age. Arnold admitted to cycle but he didn't do it for fucking months on end.

I haven't read any of the other posts in this thread but body weight exercises are basically memes unless they're pull ups, dips or pistol squats.

This is ruled out if you are a lardass that can't do a squat for shit.

I mean i didn't run prohormones the whole time i lifted I don't remember exact details but i first ran pre-cycle , cycled, then ran the anti estrogen when my cycle was finished. 5 days a week because i would do different body groups such a chest/tri, bi/back etc. on those different days.

> 3 days a week for heavy
>2 light.

don't tell user dumb shit as I say get a p.t

Hey man you live and you learn i am not proud of taking prohormones but as a skinny guy wanting to feel better about himself i was willing to do whatever it took. Now i got a little fat under my nipple and that is the price i have to pay, i already feel bad about it you don't have to beat me up over it.

Nobody is going to become a bodybuilder or look jacked doing bodyweight exercises.

again ... for the dumb cunts. get a p.t to show you how to lift correctly.

Yeah, kill yourself or read the guide I gave you.

It's pretty much over 5,000 pages of information on lifting condensed into a pic.

Just in case you are too much of a stupid fuck
>TL DR
>Forget about being the bigger motherfucker in the room and lifting the heavier loads
>There is no you, no mind, no ego and all that zen bullshit
>Start with an empty bar
>Progress upward
>Don't fucking add bullshit excercise no matter the temptation
>Remember no ego
>When you can't do a lift, deload inmediatly

You definitely don't need an expert to show you how to do it when you're first starting out.

If you do something like a basic 5x5 and you need a p.t to show you anything you're a fucking retard.

>look jacked doing bodyweight exercises
Dude, this is exactly the purpose of bodyweight. There is a reason why military haven't ruled it out their system.

Well, the most technical lift of the group would be rows and cleans. Everything else doesn't neccesarily requires a bachelor to grasp.

People usually fuck themselves because they try to lift loads they know they can't. Or because some other problem caused by neglect.

bodyweight exercises serve a purpose but if that's all you're doing and want to exercises that are going to build mass you're wasting your time with them.

I appreciate the help i'lll go ahead and study the picture more. If you only have 2 dumbbells what would you recommend for a routine?

>Well, the most technical lift of the group would be rows and cleans.

This is definitely debatable.

The most important lift is a well executed squat.

With two dumbells depending on how heavy they are you can basically do everything aside from olympic lifts.

Like everyone else said - good for getting in shape, bad for building mass. Mass requires resistance training and increased calorie intake. That being said, its better to be in shape at whatever your natural body composition is than try to tack on extra mass (or alternatively cut a lot of mass). Anybody can be in shape, but people will naturally be bigger or slimmer.

I am a mesomorph, and put on muscle really easily. If I do pushups, pullups and squats, I will look like someone who has been banging plates at the gym everyday. I've wanted to be slimmer a number of times, but it just takes too much constant work to maintain that physique. On the other hand, one of my best friends played college football. He is an incredible athlete and has always been in good shape, but he had to work unbelievably hard just to keep his heavier playing weight on. We are the exact same height, and I was playing water polo at the time (massive calorie burn), and I was still 10 pounds heavier than him, all while trying to get more cut. People are just the way they are.

If you are asking about bodyweight exercises because you don't have time, space or money to go to the gym, do yourself a favor and buy a 35 lb kettlebell and work yourself up to doing 100 swings in a row, every night. Then you can mix in cleanse, snatches, lunges and squats as necessary. Probably the best way to supplement freeweight workouts.

Totally agreed there.

You are pretty fucked there then. Dumbells won't let you progress with the loads as needed.

If you had never in your life done those routines they will tax you later down the road.

For whatever reason, when I first started lifting squat was my easiest lift, but before I left it my deadlift became better and easier. It was odd.

I just think the squat is important because it is used in other lifts and to do it properly you have to have good range of motion and work on your stretching.

So much works around the squat.

Not sure there. I had no preference on squat or deadlift over each other.

In the long run it simply became easier to add to deadlift than to squat.

My guess is that some or all of the aspects you pointed out might had been at fault.

Deadlift should be your easiest lift.

So that makes sense.

Around the time i was at my "Prime" (OP)

You had decent shoulder caps but other than that you look like any other dude whose lifted for 3-4 months and ate enough calories.

Not really a prime.

It's prime for me having sat in a computer for 2 years being beta as fuarrk and not lifting

and another one

bodyweihgt exercises are great, but you can only get so far with them.

to get mass, you will need to add weights while doing those exercises