April breaks global temperature record, marking seven months of new highs

theguardian.com/environment/2016/may/16/april-third-month-in-row-to-break-global-temperature-records

>April 2016 was the hottest April on record globally – and the seventh month in a row to have broken global temperature records.

>The latest figures smashed the previous record for April by the largest margin ever recorded.

>It makes three months in a row that the monthly record has been broken by the largest margin ever, and seven months in a row that are at least 1C above the 1951-80 mean for that month. When the string of record-smashing months started in February, scientists began talking about a “climate emergency”.

>It all but assures that 2016 will be the hottest year on record, and probably by the largest margin ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Warm_Period
youtube.com/watch?v=OwqIy8Ikv-c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shaking my head, and idiots will still decline climate change

It's cold as shit here in Sweden though.

Nobody is denying climate change, we are denying the fact that we humans are the main cause of it.

Globalists are scrounging for more global laws and control until the weather starts to cool again

Why should I care if the sea level rises?

I live in the Cairngorms, flood water won't be reaching me any time soon. It just means the beach will be a little closer desu senpai.

All my food and drink is made locally so my community will manage just fine, not to mention there won't be any mass migration from flood hit areas to here, they'll all probably go to the center of England.

Feels good man.

southern california here. april was the coldest month i remember

I am still shaking my head, you faggots still trying push carbon taxing.

Die in a fire.

Me too. I'm just shaking my head of these goyim

Same here. I live in the middle of Sweden and we had it very cold the first four months of the year, like always.
This "research" was probably done in Africa but they called it 'globally' because.. reasons.

baka Sup Forums still hasn't figured it out

humans ARE the cause of global warming. how can you can look at asia and not conclude that?

but that doesn't matter, look at it this way -- climate change is going to wipe out a huge chunk of the global population (and it won't be the whites)

The only way it will go back to what it was is when we get a fuck ton of volcanoes going off you faggot.

SCOTLAND REPRESENT

>Near freezing for a week in May

I wouldn't doubt it'll be one of the coldest Mays on record in Tennessee. April was pretty hot though, it's like they switched.

>Same here. I live in the middle of Sweden and we had it very cold the first four months of the year, like always.

read the graph. of course the difference between 13*C and 14*C isn't going to be noticeable to you. but if globally temperatures are rising 1 to 2 degrees across the board that's going to have colossal impacts on the ecosystem. changing any one variable feeding into the system has thousands of ripple effects that change everything else

I will remind them.

Carbon tax is designed to transfer wealth to the Jewish banksters, making them even more powerful and wealthy by taxing us to death, literally. Anybody who believes CO2 must be taxed and controlled is a total fucking moron. Don't be a moron, do some research and learn the truth. There are pollutants that should be controlled but CO2 isn't pollution, CO2 is necessary for life and levels 10X higher than today would be safe and beneficial for plants and crops that would grow faster and larger, producing more food and natural-renewable products for mankind.

Climate change refugees will dwarf the refugee crisis in 2015.

That's not what it means to deny it. We deny agw, the theory that postulates human emissions are responsible for it, with literally no valid models.

This doesn't really refute global warming, but it shows the disgusting publication bias that is present like an eternal cancer in the field of climate research. The field is worse than fucking psychology.

The JEW WORLD ORDER will be financed by CARBON TAXES from the JWO Fraudulent CO2 SCAM.

>temperature rises from 286K to 287K
>ripple effects
>world burns to a crisp
thanks obama

If your models are wrong, why should I trust your theory?

We've only been keeping records for like a century, which is like a nanosecond in terms of the planet/climate etc.

>city is right now 42°C with estimated rise up to 45°C
>mfw every summer max temp is like 37°C to 39°C
>mfw 250 ft deep borewell just died up, can't draw any water
>no guberment water supply in my area
>have to call a water trailer once every 3 to 5 days to get the 4k liter overhead water tanks refilled

Hot dang the end times are near

You should trust our models because they're hot.

>>The latest figures smashed the previous record for April by the largest margin ever recorded.

>Smashed
>Less than 1 degree centigrade difference

Bitch up here in Quebec, we get temperatures of minus 40 in winter, plus 40 in summer. Do you think I give a fuck about your one degree centigrade when we live through a variance of 80 on a year to year basis?

It's snowing here today. It's the coldest month of May I can remember.

Are Portuguese people really an African nation black as charcoal, or is it just a meme?

I bet the 20th century was really comfy

Whoops. Wrong thread. But enjoy the Kang's portrait.

>climate emergency

>temp is 0.4° higher than 30 years ago

emergawd we are all going to boil to death, if this continuous we are going to be like venus in the next 20k years!!!!

>changing any one variable feeding into the system has thousands of ripple effects that change everything else

..that feed back into themselves again and again and again and again

the climate is the most complex and unpredictable system we know of (besides the human brain), yet climate researchers think they can accurately model it with virtual systems that have a resolution of 100 MILE BOXES and consider LESS THAN THIRTY VARIABLES

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

>Anthropological Global Warming hypothesis uses refuted, known non predictive climate models to "prove" its hypothesis. The models all fail to predict, but you'd have to be a "denier" to question them for being wrong.

Holy shit this is the new scientology.

Liberals literally trying to pass laws because its hot outside.
Holy shit.

>step 1: manufacture global issue with global consequences
>step 2: turn issue into a position on government policy
>step 3: globally uniform enforcement
>step 4: global taxes re: the issue, global law enforcement re: the issue ... de facto global government
>step 5: start centralizing the rest of "our common challenges" under the young global government's aegis -- everything looks like a nail when all you've got is a hammer
>result: new tower of babel, achieved

it'll never work, though.

>Hur durr dur tha Jews did it
Not everything is the Jews you stupid little fuckhead, Jews not only own the banks but also much of the industries that would be negatively affected by policies tht aim to reduce greenhouse gases like the oil industry etc. Stop blaming the jews, they may responsible for alot of things, but a carbon tax isnt one of them. No one is going take you seriously if you blame every fukn thing on the Jews.

Climate change has been happening for millions of years.

You're a retard if you think we have any involvement in it.

We are not talking about climate models you fuckhead, this is recorded temperature around the world for April.

Global temperature record... Ever.. What about when most of the world was covered with fucking rainforests faggot

omg, a whole degree? I'd better get the hose out and douse the plants before they spontaneously combust

Same in Wisconsin. We've only had a couple days warm enough to go kayaking so far this year

fuck off jew, the secret is out

Think first, then speak.

Do you know the word indifference? Only poor countries suffer from this shit and they are already coming here en masse, so why would this change anything?

>the 1951-80
why use this value for the mean, and not the 20th century average? cherrypicking? how dishonest.

the media is so dishonest, rating below LAWYERS for honesty in polls

Unfortunately the underage children of Sup Forums seem to think climate science is a "social issue".

As their daddy figure Trump would say: "sad"

So are you saying it's happening, or is it already too late?

April was cold as fuck here though

it would be a shame if Quebec and Canada came to have a climate more lenient to agriculture than everywhere else on the planet
a shame i tell you

Well it's been raining and snowing in Colorado, so I call bullshit.

I mean climate change aint anything new. The late Romans had a giant global cooling. And we were all fine.

"Any fucking day now."

- Thomas Malthus

Look at the graph. Temperature anomaly of roughly 0.8ºC since 1880.

Seasons change: holy shit!

Found it
Oh look, even the Romans had fucking global warming, whodathunk?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Warm_Period

Sorry, but this is not an argument in favor of global warming.

Underrated

underwitnessed

El Nino? Noaa is predicting 75% La Nina this year which will drop significantly. Last summer was pretty hot where I live but the El Nino from was still record for hottest.

I deny it because it's global warming

>El Nino from 1997 was hottest

oh how convenient, that the advent of widespread industrialization has seen increased global temperatures. Its purely coincidence

how convenient!

>fucking retard

scientific literacy was never a priority unfortunately

Then why the fuck was it snowing yesterday?

Because it's heading into winter time

See
Explain why the Romans had something similar

I think the Chinese had a warming too

It's May though

Northeast is have 10-20 degree drops this week.

1) It's Happening
2) It has been Happening for 40 years
3) It might be too late
4) There might be some things we can still do to make it Less Happening

We're in for a pretty fucking rough ride. There's a lot of momentum now, so some things are going to Happen that cannot be stopped, and the only real question is if it's too late to prevent the Earth from turning into a Venus.

Google up the atmospheric conditions of Venus. Yes, it could get that bad if we don't stop acting like retarded Trumps. Like, yesterday.

The next level is if the extinction event "only" takes out humanity, but leaves some sort of viable ecosystems behind that can eventually recover (in about 30-50 million years) and possibly some other intelligent species can rise from the ashes. Since we are seeing ecosystem collapse in several areas around the world already, odds are pretty fair we may have already taken out humanity, but we might flounder along for another 100 or 200 years before it's only some fish, cockroaches and mice left to start over.

Some time by about 2030 we'll probably know for certain. Maybe 2050 on the outside. Google "runaway greenhouse effect" and pay attention to the details.

tl;dr -- yeah. It's pretty bad already. Maybe we can science up enough in the next 10-20 years to fix most of the most important stuff.

Maybe we can't.

This April here has been hotter than camel pussy. First time in 5 years living at my current house I can remember not being able to take an evening nap downstairs and having to use the a/c in the bedroom most days.

They probably did. Just not as well documented for the west

Nature always finds a balance. This pendulum will swing back. Can't wait...

I love retards like you. You're not a scientists yet you think your opinion on the matter of global warming matters. It doesn't. Your opinion is just as informed as mine yet you pretend that your smarter because you take the side the "majority" of scientists take.
Did you know that there are a lot of climate scientists who don't think global warming is caused by man and that the liberals do everything they can to shut those people down.

so you have 12 mouths in a year and measurements done for 100 years. So.. every 8 years or so you statistically have f a monthly record just if you spread the records evenly.

Doesn't sound like to much of a great record now does it?

Weather != climate

>hurr durr how dare you believe the "majority" of "scientists" obviously my "republicuck overlords" who have "no climate science experience whatsoever" are "more informed" than your "scientists"

That's why they're idiots and spergy memelords.

It is 48 degrees here, in May!
I remembered when it used to be 70 - 80 around this time.

Great.
Stop global trade.
Stop pushing people into over-developed oil dependent mega cities.

A few years ago I was actively trying to "save the planet", you know, cutting down on energy consumption and whatnot…
The last two years have made me want to see the whole damn thing burning to the ground, fuck PC culture, fuck the Regressive Left and fuck the Fanatic/Religious Right, I WANT TO SEE IT ALL FUCKING BURN!

Not an argument.

Shut up you faggoty pseudo intellectual; you don't know shit.

It was the coldest april in years in my country, I guess you're just from shit countries.

>tfw living in Scotland

Global Warming can only make things better here ayy

Just read the graph.
>Temperature anomaly.
>Less than 2 degrees celsius swing.
>This is 1/50th of the temperature difference between ice and steam.

>that flag
>that mission statement
Wouldn't expect anything less
Also
>fanatic Relgious right

Not hard to tell your just the run of the mill Reddit teir internet fag that blowed in.... Considering in terms of unsustainable social behaviour, it's not the Relgious right, nor the minority extreme left who are the worst sinners, but moderates.

>Did you know that there are a lot of climate scientists who don't think global warming is caused by man and that the liberals do everything they can to shut those people down.

By everything do you mean "subject their work to peer review"?

Anthropogenic climate change is a political narrative devoid of any scientific fact.

Bullshit. This April and may have been the coldest in recent memory

edgy

Won't be laughing when the Gulf streams stops and everything turns siberian

ignorant

Its been really cool in my area. Loving this climate change. May I have some more?

no u

youtube.com/watch?v=OwqIy8Ikv-c

Not where I lived.

From Chicago area & had only like 2 or 3 days in April (1 so far in May) that were hot.

It rained & snowed here all throughout April & so far May has been all rain, all the time. Like for 2 weeks I couldn't mow my lawn until we finally had a nice day.

So is Chicago taking all of the cold weather from other areas or what? It sure wasn't a record of highs in April, most likely a record of rainfall or cold weather.

literally a Jew whose father fled the Nazis

how ironic

Go be underage somewhere else.