Rate

rate

Maxinquaye > Blue Lines > No Protection > Protection > Mezzanine > Heligoland > 100th Window

9/10 masterpiece

7.5/10

6/10

the greatest trip hop record of all times

Protection > Blue Lines tho

Wrong.

4.5/5
HOT OPINION COMING THROUGH
I think this record is better than Dummy and is possibly the greatest Trip hop album of all time.

Endtroducing is not a trip hop album faggot

8.5/10

The term was originally coined for in/flux by Shadow

Boring, only a couple great tracks, rest is a snooze fest.
4.5/10

Not a valid argument

Just repeat after me "I am wrong so now spout meaningless unrelated memes instead of admitting it"

underwhelming

blue lines and protection far above

Not the same fag, but that's not a valid argument. Entroducing is not a trip hop album, whether Shadow invented the term or not.

9/10

Masterpiece. Unrivaled, still stands as an absolute unique piece of art.

Trickyfags ought to kill themself. Glad they kicked him out, he'd have held their sound back.

Their 3rd best album, retards on Sup Forums only praise it because it's on the essentials chart

Lyrically the Blue Lines and Protection can compete but instrumentally Mezzanine is just out of this world.

correction, i'd say that Protection is better lyrically-wise but inferior, though not by much, productionwise

wew lad

the cover is wrong, the tunes are off, its a mess

How is it not?

>"[trip hop] Is a fusion of hip hopandelectronicauntil neither genre is recognizable,"[5]and may incorporate a variety of styles, includingfunk,dub,soul, psychedelia,R&B, andhouse, as well as other forms ofelectronic music."

>productionwise
Don't use big boy words you don't understand user

yeah m8, it's a big boy world in which people call the work that goes into the mixing, arrangement, instrumentation, etc. "production"

t. "I discovered rym two weeks ago" numale

not sure why you're on edge, that's just what it is.

Production is as subjective as taste in music. Give me proper arguments on how Mezzanine has better production than Protection.

Production is not subjective, rather my opinion on it is. I can't really feel bothered to write a comparative music review here and everything short enough to not be a load of effort would be redudant anyway and as such easy to pick apart. Not sure what you want from me, nobody else here provided arguments, it's just an opinion thread anyway.

That's what I thought.

you're a moron, m8. Good job on the "Production is as subjective as taste in music" sentence.

not sure why you're on edge

cringeworthy

i hate this place

9/10 excellent with lasting power, though not perfect, bit of dead weight on the back half.

Not that guy but

>words don't mean things

This is you.

9/10. Shame on this album for making me listen to the same damn song twice though.

Rate

8.5/10

Rate

>words don't mean things
>this is you

Your reading comprehension is fucking dreadful

This could have been the ultimate trip-hop album if it didn't get weaker at the second half. Still though, the first half of this is probably the best trip-hop material ever recorded.

Hated it as a kid. My brother fucking loved it and would play it non-stop and Teardrop was played quite a bit on the radio at the time too so even when we were in the car I'd hear it.

It wasn't till about 10 years later when I was in college I appreciated it.

I'd give it a solid 8.

1997 was 20 years ago.
Fuck my life lads, I'm too old for this shit.

9.5/10
Group Four is one of the best songs ever written