Are these people going to be seen as cool or embarrassing 10 years from now?

Are these people going to be seen as cool or embarrassing 10 years from now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eqzkVYrIgTY
youtube.com/watch?v=8UFIYGkROII
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>10 years

try 3, and no one will give a shit anymore

Lil Pump will be cool forever.

Embarrassing, they'll be the MC Hammers of their times

they're embarrassing now.

this

>3 years

Try now

You have to actually be a meme to make it these days and I'm sure we'll see some overdoses in the near future once they realize they completely sold out only to be liked ironically for a few months

Meme rap is essentially the equivalent of nu metal and 2000s gangster rap. If you think anything you listen to today will age well, and not be a complete joke, think again.

They're embarrassing right now OP.

Remember when people used to like Lil B and OFWGKTA? It'll be that like that.

All rap is memerap tho

Memes and video games were things only the kids that sat alone at the lunch table did 10 years ago. Kids nowadays are fucking weird, have you ever met someone that was 14 or even 5 years old? Kids are being indoctrinated by memes and gaming.

I'm hoping X's is going to work hard and reinvent himself. Have to say, his cypher shook my faith

"Seen as" embarassing? By who? Themselves?

Embarrassing now

I dunno, they have millions of fans right now, I had to wonder if it's going to have any impact on rap/popular music or just be forgotten in a couple years.

modern nu-metal

Uzi's relevance seems much more impactful considering his saturation in the actual radio/mainstream radio culture. He's in such heavy rotation that it'd be foolish to look past him even as a pop star of this generation.

The rest are either too niche or, in Yachty's case, a one-hit-wonder situation. If Yachty drops a good tape maybe he'll stay relevant.

It doesn't matter to me because I would take any of them over another experimental/jazzy/rnb hip hop album that tries to analyze racial injustice in US

cool just like coolio

I honestly can't comprehend how people hated on Yachtys Teenage Emotions and then praised Young Thug EBBTG, which is Nelly-level most generic pop rap record, with a cool country song.

They're already complete and utterly embarrassing to every human being who has a future

hiphop imbeciles have always looked like tacky retards

Trap is the hair metal of hip hop.

It's the point when the genre is most volatile and commercialized, and it always precedes a transition to a new genre.

Shut the fuck up retard

can't wait for death rap and black hop!

H-TOWN NIGGA

youtube.com/watch?v=eqzkVYrIgTY

no that was crunk
trap is punk man

>tfw I actually like Uzi and some of X

Mine too. That was trash

LOOK AT ME

This sound already sounds dated to me. As opposed to what idk..

I listened to Revenge, he seems to have a lot of ideas and inspiration. Now let's see if he can make a consistent album

Uzi yes, all others no

Ironically cool, embarrassing, embarrassing, embarrassing/ironically cool,

Xxx on a kill streak
You pussy niggas rice crispy

They will be the Linkin Park of this generation.
Cool now, then embarassing after some years and finally acclaimed and beloved after they die of od/suicide.

People still like OF.

lol

I actually think it's very similar to grunge

triggered trap fan detected

your taste in music sucks

Fucking look at them. What do you think?

fpbp

The only Lil Poopie Squirt song I know of is his feature with migos

Honestly I've never had a conversation about any of those rappers in real life with anyone

>Pump
Will be viewed as funny

>Uzi
Will be given respect in a pop sense

>Yachty
Embarrassing

>X
Will be a legend

X has touched me in ways only Omenxiii and GHOSTEMANE have touched me. Pure genius and explorative in every sense of those words.
Uzi, Pump and Yatchy are all just reinventions of the current pop status. They will fade just like Wayne faded.

H-Town Best Town

I think Uzi has staying power, especially if Luv is Rage 2 lives up to the hype. Yachty might be that guy who makes shit music but still gets features on pop tracks like Pitbull did. X and lil pump will be gone within a couple of years.

dude. teenage emotions had like 2 decent tracks. EBBTG, although nowhere near thuggers best was a much better record with no unlistenable tracks

>Lil Pump
I like him but he's just a fad.

>Lil Uzi
I like him as well. Has lasting appeal. Will be around for a long time.

>Lil Yachty
I like as well. I hope he stays relevant for a long time but I don't think he will. :(

>X
I listened to some of his songs and I'm not that impressed. Not someone I'll listen to any time soon.

Trippie Redd up next doe. Better than all these guys.

>Trippie Redd up next doe. Better than all these guys.
yeah because he's lil uzi lite, literally the same exact sound... i like it though

Retard

None of these idiots will be remembered in 10 years time, as will all pop music from 2010s and the late 2000s

yeah so we're all just gonna forget about every single pop song made for the past ~30 years completely? just never remember not one of those songs at all?

mostly satanists so i would assume no

maybe yachty for fun

5 years nigga

Yachty and Uzi are the only ones who will be remembered by then
but I'm sure we'll get some nostalgiafaggotry by then

Triple x is literally the Evanescene of contemporary hip hop
idk who top left is

2011: All popular rap is just a gimmick
2017: Hold my beer, watch this

Punk was a bunch of angry, antagonistic outsiders telling their fans to kill themselves and turn music on its head.

You are a fucking idiot if you think it's even remotely comparable to mumble rap. You are just a dumbass fucking meme.

>implying OF is/was/will be bad
>lil b is bad tho

Lil uzi is the only one whos gonna stick around. And X is pretty much the new hopsin

People still like OF... The group doesn't really exist anymore, but Frank Ocean, Tyler, Earl all were in OF

OF sucks and you know it

have you never heard an uzi or future song?

I'm guessing that in 10 years, a lot of people will make fun of X, but he'll have a cult following that will defend anything and everything he does. Lil yachty will go the route of Lil Wayne

>lil b
>bad

Trap is like pop punk rather than punk

Lil Wayne hade like 10 good years in the hiphop limelight. In the mainstream he had a remarkable run for like 4 years, how could that be a bad thing? Wayne's a legend.

Lil Pump will be remembered as a Trap Funnyman™ although that's not a bad legacy, it could be worse. His tape dropping in August will either solidify this or prove me wrong, for better or worse.

Uzi, in my opinion, is pretty overrated. I think he's had a few good tracks but for all we know that could just be a fluke. I find it hard to see him being remembered in 10 years.

Lil Yachty is the black Pitpull; his original music is okay at best but he tries his ass of on features. If he can at least appear on tracks the way he has, he might last another 3-5 years.

X is a complete mystery. The quality of his music overall fluctuates everywhere. I'd say he'll last 2-8 years.

76898097343242323423424234% No
Marketers who have been posting these retards day in day out are in for some really really bad news in 2-4 months when nobody gives a single fuck about any of those people anymore

>2 to 8 years for XXXTENTACRUEL
Marvelous, if he sticks around long enough maybe we'll live to see the masses hate on him and watch him pull a Chester.

youtube.com/watch?v=8UFIYGkROII

No, and I don't fucking have to. How do you not fucking get this?

These mumble-memes are all just trying to cash in and find acclaim and status through music. That's why they advertise their SC's so much. That's why video models are still a thing.

Punk was nothing like that. Punk was antagonistic and spiteful, even towards its own fans. In fact it was so antagonistic, that it couldn't keep reacting to itself and spawned dozens of subgenres in consequence, which is one of the main reasons it's still around after 30+ years.

That is legitimacy. So don't fucking compare your goddamn mumble-memers to punk when this shit's only been around for 7 years.

diss

Yachty's the only one making it out of this decade alive.

I kinda like XXXTen but he's not progressing.

1 night is pretty good being completely honest

Lil Pump is barely relevant.
Lil Yachty's album tanked hard, the predictions were way higher. He's a meme, but his pop features may keep his name relevant.
Lil Uzi Vert has the most chance for longevity.
XXX will have cult following but the mainstream will never accept him because of the rape allegations.

Wayne didn't fade

Mumble rappers don't give a fuck in a similar way to punk guitarists. It's back to basics and doesn't give a shit about being considered "good" by traditional hip hop standards.

Trap rap is what dubstep was five or so years back, and it will have the same fate as dubstep.

Yachty is absolute horseshit. One of the worst around.

what rape allegations? I thought he just beat his pregnant girlfriend

This is exactly why carti will succeed. He's got longevity.

Objective truth but he's still going to have the greatest longevity on this list. I've seen his kind of come up before.

yachty will make it
everybody else is doomed