There's a Battlefield at Home and Only First Responders See It

uniformstories.com/ems/opinion/there-s-a-battlefield-at-home-and-only-first-responders-see-it

>Make no mistake—there is a war going on, here at home, right under the noses of the people we protect.

>People living honest, hard working, productive lives are the ones who need to be aware of the jagged edge we tread, but they choose to leave their blinders firmly in place. It’s not their fault.

>They do not have the same front row seat to the disintegration of civilization that we do. They don’t see police officers spat at, screamed at, ignored, and ridiculed. They do not see people refusing to yield to the lights and sirens on top of the ambulances. They do not see the houses set on fire by arsonists for profit. They do not see black teens shot to death by other black teens, while the mantra “Black Lives Matter” blares from the devices that fill the pockets of people who can’t afford to feed their illegitimate children. They don’t see people from all walks of life stone cold dead in bathrooms, alleyways, luxury hotels and cars, needles in their arms, vomit in their mouths and eyes shut forever.

>We do. And we soldier on. There is a nagging doubt about the future buried in most first responder’s hearts, and it chips away, day after day, and fills us with worry, regret, and anger. But we go on, and do our job, and treat with respect the people whose absolute disregard for what we hold sacred rips us apart from the inside out.

>We bear witness to the worst of the worst, and there is nothing we can do but stand back and watch Rome burn.

>Images of terrorist attacks, anti-police protests, and demands for more government programs and handouts are abstract images easily dismissed when seen from the safety of one’s home. Police officers, firefighters, and EMTs who spend most of their waking hours immersed in the world that is falling apart cannot dismiss what our eyes have seen.

>Images of terrorist attacks, anti-police protests, and demands for more government programs and handouts are abstract images easily dismissed when seen from the safety of one’s home. Police officers, firefighters, and EMTs who spend most of their waking hours immersed in the world that is falling apart cannot dismiss what our eyes have seen.

>We do not have that luxury. We absorb the hatred, racism, and destructive selfishness being forced down our throats daily. Our hands are tied. We cannot speak out, lash out, or cry out for fear of losing our livelihood. We live in a world that encourages weakness of character, embraces the mob mentality even when innocent lives are trampled, and simply looks the other way when something that makes us feel uncomfortable comes our way

>A good beginning is to lead our lives like responsible, productive members of society and demand the same from everybody else. The days of looking the other way and not getting involved are over. It’s time to lead by example, act like a man, or woman, dress well, open doors, treat people with respect, and demand the same from those who don't. Start today—stop tolerating people who spit in front of you, neglect to hold a door, cut in front of you in line, swear in public, and litter. Yeah, I'm idealistic, but it's all I can do to stem the tide. Sounds crazy, but by making my little place in the world a respectful one perhaps it will spread, and before long anti-social behavior will be the exception rather than the rule.

>So, if you see somebody acting creepy, or disrespectful, or like an idiot, say something. "Quit acting like an idiot," usually works. Doesn't stop the idiot from acting like an idiot, but the people who witness the event appreciate it, and grow a little more bold, and perhaps next time it will be one of them calling out somebody who is acting like a jerk.

Nu/pol/ will ignore this thread because it has little to do with race.

Good effort, though.

Grim, grim stuff.

>Nu/pol/ will ignore this thread because it has little to do with race.

u wot m8

Oh boy, here we go, the special tough guy first responders... nigga, you fags are not Jesus, you're not as special as you think you are, i hold construction workers just as high as you faggots think you're held.

Get back to work and stop bitching you fucking asshole faggots, we all have to deal with assholes.

Nu/pol/ = values memes over actual political/current events discussion

It's easier to spam memes than talk about something like OP's article. Prove me wrong.

>it has little to do with race
What.

If you would actually read the article it's not a plea for pity. It's simply stating that they are noticing the change in America and how the rest of the people go on thinking everything is fine. It then goes on to offer an everyday solution.

Someone didnt read at all. The first responder said noting about his job or wanting special attention. He just said he sees everything from a first person perspective instead of the tv. You should go back to watching tv since reading and comprehension are not your strong suits. Tv even has sound!

Nice argument, plebbit.

The only part dealing with race I see is literally one sentence.

>Implying most of the problems don't stem from degenerates.
>Implying most degenerates aren't minorities

If it's about crime in America, then it's about minorities.

Quit trying to troll, racist shitlord.

>Nu/pol/ = values memes over actual political/current events discussion

You said it the topic had nothing to do with race, which of course is complete horseshit. We already know where the majority of crime is coming from.

You mean other than the part where the white population has deflated from 90% to 50% since the 70s, the crime rate has suddenly shot up in the past 10 years, the current president is actively stifling law enforcement, and minority-only segregated areas are rapidly growing non-enforcement zones?

We're talking about a first responder whose impression is that the culture is rapidly declining based on the crimes and corpses he has encountered during his career and how they are forbidden from talking about the real reason.

WOW WHAT COULD THAT HAVE TO DO WITH RACE I WONDER #BLACKLIVESMATTER #LONDONHASFALLEN

Friend used to drive an ambulance

Got shot in the head responding to a supposed heart attack in a rural home that was actually a cartel drug grow, they were cleaning up and moving to a new location and decided robbing the medicine out of an ambulance was a good finale

Had a friend in CALFIRE

Got shot by a boobytrapped shotgun rigged with tripwires near a trespass grow in a state park about 200 yards from a picnic area often full of children

Had a friend in the sherrifs office

Got run over by a drunk after pulling him over, he sped forward than reversed over him two times in a row to make sure he was dead

These are the scum first responders have to deal with every single fucking day and liberals wonder why they aren't treated like a fairy princess when they get caught speeding or driving on expired registration

LEO is never more than a second away from being killed by savages, and the savages now run our country

He sees the world from the perspective of someone who has the unenviable job of seeing bad shit. So what if he thinks it's bad, if we can tell murder rates are decreasing and the road toll is lower than its ever been?

cool story - the people i associate with don't do this and the people who do, are feral street people.

I'm not going to try to civilize them or admonish them publicly because at best i'd be called a racist and at worst i'll get shot

Let the masses live in their filth - we'll drop the charade of equality when it becomes too much to bear and defend our better neighborhoods. There is no other way.

TL;DR your post here will never be read by those who need it anyway so fuck right off

>pic not related

I'm referring to the article itself.

The author doesn't say "yeah man we all know the ZOG media machine and jewish government covers up the nigger crime rate but let me tell you the REAL STORY through the eyes of an EMT".

Typical nu/pol.

No one ever suggested that the article said this. Go point out any post containing this claim and then we'll talk. Until then you're fucking wrong and you should be ashamed to fly the same flag as white Americans.

Why are you baiting so hard?

He even says, "blacks killing blacks while protesting for #blacklivesmatter.

That's about as close to calling a spade a spade that you can get without getting pulled.

>Typical nu/pol.

Axe to grind?

Where did I say that any post ITT claimed that? All I said was that this thread won't get as many posts/views as it should because it's not overtly dealing with the subject matter of race, unless you read in between the lines.

Only Nu/pol/ gets triggered by getting called that. Just like only cucks get triggered by getting called a cuck. :^)

Are you implying, at any age, our board was indifferent to degeneracy?

You need to work at little harder on your troll game. May I recommend an easier board to start off on?

>be American
>have friends
>they get shot

>anyone posting things I disagree with but can't logically refute is trolling

Fuck off shit stirrer

the last part ruins it for me

Too bad that I was right, considering this thread fell all the way down to page 5.

Nu/pol/ eternally butthurt yet again

Jews have orchestrated these events to create a police state eager for war against it's own people.

The war on drugs, welfare, the incarceration state, prison gangs turning to street gangs, unemployment, single mother incentives, poor education, poisoned food and water, and media have created criminality within minority cultures.

So, these minorities are committing crimes at higher rates, and the media says police are racist, when really, they're forced to work within an entire system designed to make the average American a low-iq government dependent, drug addict.

Makes a lot of money, but has also made the public hate the police, and now the police are gearing up for massive civil unrest. These people will be ready to disarm citizens, because they're being taught by the media that America is getting more and more dangerous. Self-interest is powerful.

witnessed

Gimmedat Government employee edition the thread.

>Be British
>Have friends
>They're Muslims and rape your children