This movie wasn't very good

This movie wasn't very good.

Ye. It was very very good.

Calling it a "not very good movie" is still giving it too much credit.

It was shit.

Yeah but at least it wasn't as shitty as BvS

Man what a STINKER

Nice false flag

Sup Forums loves this movie

They were on par man

Found the DCuck

>Get off me you flying nigger!
Did anyone catch this Ramni tribute?

I loved the part where the flying black man was like, "everybody's got a gimmick now". I got chills.

don't you dare use raimi-posting on this shit flick

>Reddit: The Movie

The plot made zero sense, which is par for the course for super hero movies.

But the action was top notch.

Also Ironman gets nerfed more and more each movie. He got hit by a fucking fighter jet in the first one, now some man on roids can take him out?

I saw this on opening night. The ticket taker was like, "before I tell you what theater, you have to tell me. Team Tony or Team Cap". It really primed me to hate this movie.

Sup Forums and reddit are basically the same thing these days

>But the action was top notch.
It really wasn't though. The CGI was embarrassing, and that "Saving Private Ryan" low shutter speed effect was disorienting and nauseating. I saw this movie in imax and left with a splitting headache. And their refusal to hold on any shot for longer than .02 seconds was fucking retarded. The opening fight scene was borderline incomprehensible.

>I'll post it every day until people think CW was anywhere near as bad as BvS or SS

Spidey made it great.

Calm down autist

Is this official? It looks worse than some of the godawful fan-made Justice League shoops.

I unironically enjoyed Suicide Squad more than Civil War. At lease Sqwad had some interesting and memorable moments.

Goddam iron man is a fucking manlet lmao

The first and third acts are very good.

The middle act, including the airport battle, has a completely different tone, it's jarring, contrived and feels like it belongs in a different movie.

I might rank it as the best MCU movie if it had maintained the consistent non-cartoonish tone throughout, but that middle act drags it down several notches.

literally my exact opposite opinion

Serious question, what did Spider-man do in this movie that "made it great" to you?

ur mom thinks BBC is very good lmao

Very good insight, this is why I come to Sup Forums.

>"Thanks Avengers for saving Earth from an alien invasion and all, but the accidental deaths of those 10 Wakandian spear chuckers is the final straw!"

He was just entertaining and incredibly cute

Spidey's presence felt forced but fun

Why plebs and critics hate Transformers for being an action movie were nothing makes sense but then tell you how awesome this movie is.

Remember Rhodey all like, ayy it's the UN we're talking about, they know they're shit.

Motherfucker was in hotel Rwanda.

I thought it funny how the directors had to put each location on the screen in huge letters so the marveldrones wouldn't get lost. They truly are retarded

What do you expect from capeshit

best capekino ever, I am a fan of the genre by the way. Russo brothers know how to tell a story without major fuckups like Nolan's CIA trilogy

Rewatched it the other day and it's bad. Don't get me wrong, it's better than BvS by a lot but it's still total shit.

BvS wasn't bad.
You are right about SS tho, but that one is still better than Apocalypse.

>The huge location titles were used because Jeff Ford (the editor of all the Cap movies and the Avengers movies) felt that people don't really register tiny location titles at the bottom of the screen. They wanted people to realize, more than where the scene was, that the title markers meant a scene change and to prepare for something different. McFeely notes how the choice was especially important in making audiences freak out when they saw "Queens".

Honestly I was disappointed with both this and BvS. BvS was worse but not by a lot. They were both pretty mediocre. I'm more interested in Dr. Strange.

Stealth DCEU thread?

Seriously guys, the DCEU sucks and you all know it.

I was just thinking this
Black Widow's head looks ginormous, and Tony is doing the most passive punch i've seen so far, it looks like there's no pwer behind it.

>Implying Dr. Strange will not be a generic 2000 capemovie
Hope it's the fun kind of generic (Ant-Man).

Fuck off, we know you want to start a company war.

5/10 MAX

Tonally inconsistent
Villainous characterizations
Forced characters
Underwritten plot (convenient villain)

A year from now, there will still be Winter Soldier threads, but none for this junk A film that will never standalone and thus will never be appreciated once its hype wears off.

>Villainous characterizations
What do you mean by this?

Sup Forums doesnt like anything a majority of people like, its considered reddit to like any MCU film.

Civil War was weak despite all the hype. Villain was uninteresting and one-note, the actual argument has an obvious right side, most of the movie was an excuse for the airport fight, etc. Ross should have been the real villain of the movie.

I was only one of those people and I don't really care about company wars. Just enjoy what's good. These companies don't care about your loyalty.

>the actual argument has an obvious right side

No, it didn't. So much people still debate who was right.

>the actual argument has an obvious right side
So is good to create chaos on a country or tell a group of people where to go according to your interests?
Sure you are, Evansposter ;)

i enjoyed x-men more
>tfw olivia munn will never fem dom me dressed like psylocke

Where? On /r/mcu? Everyone I've ever talked to about it comes down on the side of the accords. Realistically, having a incredibly powerful paramilitary organization operate with zero oversight is just insane. The only reason people say otherwise is because they're 'superheroes', which is a fucking stupid argument. Now obviously there would have to be a tremendous amount of negotiation and discussion involved to iron out the kinks and figure out who is in control, what is the extent of their control, what are the checks and balances etc., and the movie itself seemed to realize that, which is why they slapped on the retarded, "hurr durr you have 48 hours to decide" stipulation for no reason other than to contrive some sort of conflict.

Is this an actual still from Marvel Presents: Captain America: War Between Brothers?

Everyone agrees that accountability is needed, even in the movie, but when it comes down to how things were handled, a lot of people side with Cap and a lot of people side with Iron Man.

I know that. Hence the bit about the retarded 48 hours to decide stipulation being retarded.

it was average about 7/10

The Opening crossbones bit was actually pretty good.
then...grey office building...grey air port...grey soviet hideout
grey
grey
grey

Friendly reminder that people who compare this movie to WS and say they're equally good are either memers or mentally challenged. WS wasn't a masterpiece but it's miles ahead of this Avengers sidequest piece of shit

What if an alien lands in the UN and kills half the people who are supposed to vote if they act. Should they just stand there and watch it happen because they haven't been given the go ahead.

It was better than Ultron.
6/10

HAHAHAJJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why? It's a pretty obvious political maneuver.

No, there should be a protocol put in place to account for such an event. If some literal asshole could imagine such a scenario on Sup Forums, I imagine the UN/Avengers could probably figure it out as well.

It's an obvious political maneuver in a Machiavellian us vs them, two party system, let's get the most votes sort of way. The movie doesn't present that as being the case. No one on either side of the issue is presented as having any sort of ulterior motives. They just see an obvious problem and are looking for a reasonable way to solve it. In reality, there would be no reason whatsoever to forgo lengthy discussions in an attempt to come up with the most reasonable solution.

>it's a contrarian neckbeard Sup Forums is wrong about every fucking movie this summer episode

seriously you guys should just kys

Black cat guy ruined the movie. What was his problem? The editing and sound design were the worst I've seen since Ant-Man

>seething

The lynchpin to this entire Sokovia Accords scenario should have been fucking Ultron. The Chitauri invasion had nothing to do with the Avengers and they saved the fucking world. The Crossbones scenario netted a handful of casualties that would have been in the hundreds, if not thousands later on if Crossbones escaped, had the Avengers not intervened. That's a pretty clear win by any reasonable standard. Ultron, however, was LITERALLY A PROBLEM CAUSED BY TONY FUCKING STARK! Yeah, they cleaned up after themselves, but they were the cause of the problem. There is no denying it.

The movie was visually bland, the story was contrived and suffered from massive tonal shifts (that just about every critic has pointed out yet simultaneously ignored), the CGI was terrible, the villain was forgettable, the slow shutter speed technique was poorly conceived and was nauseating to watch, characters behaved irrationally, there was a man in a rubber Bucky mask. I'm sorry, but just because a movie is popular doesn't mean it is good.

This movie is literally BvS.

>Cold opens with a big fight in a foreign country.
>Innocents are killed.
>black woman guilt trips superhero (Superman/Tony)
>TPTB decide superhero(es) need to be reined in
>Disagreement on this subject causes conflict between superheroes
>UN Meeting is bombed/Meeting at Capitol Hill is bombed

Ironically enough I think BvS is the less serious of the two when you you look beyond the superficial level. BvS makes it clear that the superheroes are a net good and Superman is being framed by Lex. Meanwhile 50% of civil war is bad political drama (they seriously discuss the Sokovia Accords for less than 5 minutes before Cap leaves for his moms funeral and by the time the funeral is over everyone has picked sides) and the heroes willfully put themselves under the thumb of the UN. Not exactly what I expected from "silly" and "fun" Marvel.

Ultron was the linchpin of the Accords. Sokovia was destroyed as a result of his attack.

But user, Civil War is "the darkest and most emotional" Marvel film yet.

while about half of that I can agree with, watching it in theaters and rewatching it at home it still feels like a great entertaining movie.

BVS at the theater and the extended at home made me wanna kms

literally no one says that

why is this gif running at such high fps?

This picture looks like it would be in a Mortal Kombat game back in the 90s

I thought the same thing when Bucky beats a defenseless old man to death and chokes his wife with one hand. Proof that critics cant see past marketing. They associate Marvel with "fun" and DC with "serious/boring/philosophical" so that's what they see. BvS likes to put on theatrical airs but its mostly just an all out brawl with a clear villain. Meanwhile Civil War uses a bright color palette and quips to distract people from the fact that they're watching a movie about super hero politics, where the all powerful heroes behave like castrated and emotional wimps.

>tfw Sup Forums made you realize how often actors heads are photoshopped onto movie posters