I've worked at Taco Bell for 2 years now, ask me anything

I've worked at Taco Bell for 2 years now, ask me anything

Why did your previous thread with the bag of nacho cheese 404 imeadiatly after making it?

It said it was pruned or deleted, maybe it was the picture but I don't see why it wouldve been that

Lol. Your welcome.

I also used to work at a Taco Bell in Missouri, do you guys have tons of unused orange juice/milk in the walk in? Also what's your payrate/position?

Actually we sell a lot of the orange juice but we do end up throwing away the milk a lot

I'm just a crew member, payed California minimum wage ($10.50/hr) I know how to do everything and have been offered repeatedly to be promoted to shift manager but I'm transferring schools after I finish my associates so I always say no (it's only one dollar more anyway it isn't worth it)

Why is Taco Bell an asshole and won't bring back the Chili Cheese Burrito?

Does it get hot in the kitchen? I worked fast food before (mcd's, long john silvers) and the kitchen is always hot as fuck and you sweat in your clothes like you were exercising.

why does everybody do A, instead of B?

Actually it's a regional item, some areas have it, it's all up to the district manager I believe (our branch of 51 stores doesn't have it)

Ehh kind of, sometimes it does get very hot in the summer but I've never gotten super sweaty usually I only do when I unload he shipments out of the delivery truck

? You get tacos where everything in them is just thrown around sloppily or what, they shouldn't be like that you must go to a real shitty Taco bell

Why is your fucking double chalupa a fucking rip off?

On the commercials the shell is full to the top. In real life its only halfway full with a lot of extra shell. I can literally use the unused portion of the shell to fold over and turn the damn thing into a burrito.

Fuck that pissed off when i ordered 2 of them and they were both like that.

They use something similiar to an icecream scoop and make a row down the tortilla. I always assumed they squirt the stuff out of tubes, but they use a little icecream scoop.

They shouldn't be that bad. Every item has a specific weight to it and if you believe yours is underwhelming talk to a manager about t you can probably get free shit

I know when u make them they're mostly full, some stores skimp out sometimes to save ingredients though (the amount we sell compared to how much is used up total, including thrown away shit, is important so it wouldn't surprise me if a store did that for good numbers)

What is your favorite mountain dew and why is it voltage?

I assumed that was beef, lettuce, cheese and sour cream, is that what you meant?

We use a scoop for beef and pinches for lettuce and cheese and a gun-like thing to pump out sour cream

6 year taco bell employee checking in.

Actually my favorite flavor is supernova but if we're talking about flavors out currently it is actually voltage

Op anwsers was right. They are supposed to be full, can easily talk to a manager and get it replaced. Keeping your receipt is always helpful

The ice cream scoop so to speak is for beans/rice. Beef uses a different scoop meant to get the right amount of beef in each taco. 1.5 oz to be exact.

How are the naked chicken chips selling?

I was dissappointed in them. They should have had a dorito in the middle with the chicken encaseing it. Or at least had dorito seasoning on them.

Normally ac is set at 70. But near the 500 degree grills, 195 degree water, 300 degree line it can get really hot.

They were a limited time item, we almost never keep anything permanently, the only exception to this that I know of is the doubledilla

Do you know how much of a fucking pain in the ass those would be with chips in them, the chips inside them would have to not be fried yet or something. Your idea is still yummy sounding though

The chips were selling great. And got sustained longer then originally planned because of it. Main issues is the changed the way it was displayed so less people ordered them.

OP here, what's your position? You're really spot on about temps and measurements, shit I can never solidly remember just curious

Damn i got jipped. I just thought that it was standard taco bell procedure for that item. Misrepresenting in commercials like most other brands do. Always "prettied" up and perfect, but sloppy as shit in real life.

this

Yeah that's annoying I'm sorry about that. The workers at my store typically fill things up pretty well, for a fact I do, but you can always talk to a manager about it, it's ridiculously easy to get free food

Ok screw the chips inside, but dorito seasoned chicken chips would be the absolute bomb diggity. Original and a cool ranch one to choose from.

I upset now because those dont exist, but i want some to eat right now.

my fav part about the chicken chips was it wasn't made out of mechanically separated chicken, you could still see the muscle fibers in tact like wendy's chicken sandwiches. Mcdonalds BTFO

Ahh that is a good point.

I'm a manager. And with 6 years i kinda know everything lol

The real reason is because you're a faggot

What are the top 3 (in order) most ordered "extras"? Like side of cheese, sour cream, beans, etc...

Litterally just call the store and speak to a manager.

Sour cream, green sauce also called Verde sauce as it use to be in the packets and nacho cheese

whyyyyyyy on earth did you guys get rid of the roasted tomato (purple) sauce? and how long until you can't get verde sauce anymore?

Do you still sell cheesy fiesta potatos?

When will the volcano nachos/tacos come back?

Do you have "kids meals" with a toy or such?

Whats the 195 degree water for?

Which items contain olives? Any?

Whats the name of the wierdest/creepiest person you work with? Why are they weird?

Fire roasted went away because it was the most costly for taco bell to make and sold the least.

Verde won't go away, just the packets did. So just ask for sides of hot Verde sauce, though some people say it dosent taste the same it is the same just warm.

How is the meat made?

Is a gordita basically a chalupa but with the softer fluffy shell?

I bought 2 12 taco dinner boxes last night, got home, and they were the biggest bunch of lazily made, underweight bullshit soft tacos I have ever received. Who do I bitch directly to, the DM?

I buy it in bottles from wallmart, but that's sad to hear about the tomato sauce. I really liked the stuff.

Oh! I know this one!
>a gordita is a taco made with flatbread

Yes cheesy potatoes sell a lot.

Volcano are gone as far as I know for good. Maybe some time back for a month or so but I don't think permanently

Kids meals never sold a lot so they got rid of them

No olives

The water is what's used to cook the food.

Yes the same. Flatbread is what it's called, the Chalupa is the friend version.

Are they the same price?

We get them in bags in boxes, and we just drop them in the bags still in really hot water for like an hour

Top 3 most popular items? Excludeing regular tacos.

Just go to the store with your receipt and say what happened, bitching to a district manager just makes you look like a douche with noting better to do

Bean burritos (people modify them a lot it's annoying), chicken quesadillas and maybe frito burritos. Crackheads who just hang out in the parking lot all day always come in wth a fist of change and ask for a Frito burrito and a water cup

Yes. Though the best deal if your store has it is a meal deal C which is a 20 oz drink, bag of doritoes and a gordita for .20 more then a gordita by its self. Might be different prices but one of the better deals and some managers or stores will let you switch that gordita for a chalupa

Someone ever steal one of your toilet seats?

So fucking true. Or homeless people. But I'd say a quesarito or 5 later burrito is more popular then a chicken quesadilla. At least at my store.

Why did taco bell stop useing the "first" window for payment and reciept?

People steal all types of crap. Puke in urinals, make a mess, throw food at us and so on

I am a douche with nothing better to do, and I want to maximize the amount of free shit I get because I am a nigger

No idea. For 6 years my store has always only had 1 window. But my guess is that it is so one person can do both jobs. All the time I will be taking someone's order while talking to someone at the window cashing them out and getting sauces ready and handing out drinks.

I always pull up in the drive through and say "one second please" so i can look over the plethora of items. Been going to taco bell for forever now and still dont know half the shit you got. Does this get on employee nerves?

Also i noticed everytime i go drive through the first thing said is "hi, how are you?" this gets on my nerves... Its a waste of time (your lines are always long in the evenings) and you dont actually give a fuck how im doing and i dont give a fuck how your doing. Your at work to make money and im just trying to eat.

If you are an adult, how does it feel to be where i was in life when i was 15? are you constantly looking for a real mans job while you make tacos? how inferior do you feel when payday comes around? you gunna include being a taco bitch on your resume?

I can support the other worker here, a lot of stupid shit happens in our store

For a cool month last summer someone kept coming in and shitting over the bathroom walls, and once one of my coworker's got a fake 20 from a black lady and told her he couldn't give it back to her and she came in the store threatening to beat his ass for it

I can side with him, my work only has 1 window and usually I handle both at once, it's not really that hard, but I think the new stores are built with 2

Interesti g i never thought to modify a bean burrito... What are some common modifications people request?

Also i figured the supreme burrito would be at the top.

Honestly it's only annoying when we're dead and I'm trying to get other shit done cause then I have to pause what I'm doing to wait. When it's busy and I have to keep taking orders anyway I could care less

Personally speaking, I try to socialize with customers somewhat, I wouldn't say I totally don't care, though most of the workers there definitely don't, it's just an easier way of starting the conversation I guess

Yes it annoying. Mainly because taco bell wants cars out of the drive thru by 2 minutes and 10 seconds. That's order time and window time. Most window time is supposed to be 75 seconds. So cashier's get rushed to go faster. But also are supposed to say all the line in a sincere way. Hi welcome to taco bell, what can I get started for you. Would you like a drink, is your screen out there correct, your total is ... please pull forward.

We also get secret shopped and can lose our job for get written up for not doing it all even though it slows it down by having to say all that crap.

Yeah thats a killer deal. I dont think taco bells around here have them. Also i wouldnt get it anyways because i dont drink sodas and always drink water when i eat somthing.

If your willing to pay taco bell will let you mod anything basically. Add Doritos taco shells to a quesadilla, or add bacon, extra anything. Bean and rice instead of meat on any item is free. As is adding red sauce, green sauce, onions, everything else is .30-.50 And the beats are like 1-1.50 to add on

It's just to pay for college chill out, I originally was going to go straight to a four year but my financial aid was canceled a month before I went and San Francisco is too expensive to pay for everything on your own, besides I'm not even that old, I'd hardly call 19 an adult

I would just talk shit back and say you're probably just a neckbeard or something but I know you'll just spew some tall tale so I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're an okay guy

What the heck is a quesorito

Taco bell is also so flexible for school, even for managers.

People often get bean burritos with green sauce instead of red sauce, sometimes only beans and cheese, sometimes that with sour cream added, sometimes that or just a regular one but grilled

It's only baby boomers that do this strangely

Tortilla, nacho cheese, cheddar cheese, smaller tortilla, rice, beef/chicken/steak, sour cream, chipotle sauce, grilled. Not in all areas though our next promotional item is the quesarito so should be showing up in most stores.

Big burrito with nacho cheese and shredded cheese steamed, then with a smaller tortilla in it with meat (your choice of meat) sour cream, chipotle sauce and rice. Steak is really good

Mcdonald's want 90 seconds. From cash to bag. I could get it down to 75.
Taco Bitch get your shit together.
Nah, working at a Mcdonalds fucked drive thrus for me this, if I go to shit drive thru I start to get uncomfortable. I start to feel every second.

I know a couple strippers that swear the same thing lol props if you pay for school with taco meat hahah prob be another 2 years at least. get a trade. im 25 with no secondary education and make just under 6 figures after 4 years in my trade. wake up at 5am home at 7pm 6 days a week. youre taking a slow path towards an unsure future.

I've only gone to school a year and I'm already ahead, I've already applied again and am transferring in a year, and am going to go to medical school after my bachelors, and with my high gpa from junior college (which has actually been way easier than high school) I actually have scholarships this time around, so I'm only going to pay for my last semester at the university, so I'll be fine

In the drive through its always "hi how are you"? (Pause waiting for me to answer) its just annoying.

Im going to start giving in depth descriptions on "how im doing" from now on and talk about my day or things going on in my life.

"Well im alright i suppose, i ordered a reverse osmosis water filtration system online and haveing some trouble with the installation. My drill bits wont get through the damn marble counter top for the new faucet soo ill have buy some damn diamond tip drill bits. Really chaps my ass. Ohh and my daughter got caught high on xanex in the middle of class. But what can ya do ya know haha. Shes goes to "such and such" school. But shes at the juvenile detention center right now... Anywho, how are you?"

Ahh reminds me of the double decker kinda. I think.

And now me lol. Im gonna bean burritos add bacon and sour cream with a side of nacho cheese for dipping! Muahahaha!