What makes this movie so great Sup Forums?

What makes this movie so great Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PscRUlsvhtI
youtube.com/watch?v=SLGeFfxdEkA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Speilberg

shout out to Sam Neill

every line is quotable, it is in fact the most quotable movie in the entire history of mankind.

fuck the godfather.

Jillian C. Bass

It has the power to lower the viewers critical faculties through muh dinosaurs jumping around and eating people.

Nothing. Was great at his time tho. When CGI wasn't so perfect.

the fact that it deviated from the book

seriously, the book is bad

it had cool dinosaurs that ate people.

The dialog is all cheesy bullshit.

Book is less entertaining, but has a deeper message.

the book is good they are different medium,s and crichtons writing method is for a novel

ending in the book was better. the lost world book was good too, shame they butchered it and used the camo carnotaurus as indominuis rex or whatever in that shitfest

>deeper message
DUDE CHAOS THEORY
DUDE YOU CAN'T CONTROL THESE ANIMALS
DUDE NATURE FINDS A WAY LOL

Actually I was going to say that its views on capitalism were quite intriguing.

>the book is bad

It was amazing science fiction, for people who understand genetics.

Dont blame Chricton, blame your shit education.

Everything.

No really, the movie is close to perfect in every aspect.

There are so many things this movie does well:

1) Music
The score is memorable and it doesn't really have any weak pieces.

2) Ambience
There was obviously a lot of effort put into lighting this movie: just enough light to keep the tone spooky, but not so little that all the details are lost. The wide colour palette also keeps things interesting. All the characters have distinct outfits, the merchandise has unique colours, each zone of the island has a distinct look, etc. Compare that to the monochrome colour scheme of Jurassic World.

3) Writing
Like many said, the book is less entertaining than the movie. One of the main improvements of the movie is pacing. In the book, there's not much tension in the last quarter of the movie, which makes the ending fall kind of flat. Also, the movie takes place over a much shorter period of time, putting the characters into "action mode" rather than "hunker down and hide mode". There are also so many subplots dedicated to moving the action along when they start getting comfortable.

These elements work to make a movie that has a genuine sense of danger. And unlike a bunch of other movie monsters, we don't really have a frame of reference for dinosaurs, so they can do pretty much what they want. Intelligent raptors that can open doors? Sure, I can believe that. A first-time viewer would have no idea what to expect.

4) Casting
The characters are a bit stereotypical, but each actor did their best to bring them to life. Even Samuel L. Jackson manages to restrain himself in this movie. Characters like Malcolm might not be exactly like the book, but they're way more personable and not just a ham-handed way of talking about the ideas of a work.

5) Visual Effects
This one probably doesn't need an explanation. I highly doubt anyone wasn't blown away by the VFX at the time.

Bump

Do alright i've been thinking about it for some days now and I wanted to make a thread but will post here
sometimes I question myself why I don't be scared in horror movies or why I just get bored from them after some time
Now this happens to me with Evil dead 1, the sequels with humour are much better, but why I don't find it scary after 30 minutes
And it is because of the scaling effect of horror, if I get used by the horror in the screen it stops being scary and gets boring
In Jaws there is an ever growing threat with the barrels, in blair witch there's an ever growing threat with the nights
In jurassic park there are 2 lines of horror, T-rex and raptors
When the T-rex shows up it IS it's scariest moment in the movie, the threat then goes down when we see it eating like a normal animal, and vanishes when the movie ends with it as the hero of the movie
the second line is the raptors, we actually don't see a full raptor until the kitchen scene, we see the jail at the start, we see leafs trembling at the middle, and we see the scariest moment at the end with the kitchen scene
I think these two lines is what makes jurassic park an all aroudn entertaining, scary but magical and wonderous movie

kek

The movie would have been total pointless, directionless shit like TLW if Crichton hadn't been adapting the script.

Hey man I like the book better.

It's a fucking children's movie about dinosaurs

I highly doubt they went to this much effort with everything. Just accept it for what it is

The premise is awesome.
The special effects look impressive for the time and the dinos mostly act and look like animals instead of horror monsters.
The park is full of little details that make the park look more real.
The main cast is likable and once shit goes down, they act relatively intelligently.
This , the dialogue is great and the movie makes the sanctimonious book Malcolm more self-aware and less inssuferably talkative, while still leaving him the chance to explain why the park fails.
The contrast between the wonder of live dinosaurs and its horror is done well. By extension, you can have a commentary on science and nature yadda yadda.
The music is great as far as Williams go.

kys faggot

every movie does that stuff retard, it's the job of various parts of the production staff to pay attention to those details. they just don't usually do it as well as JP.

I'd put it right up there with the other perfect Spielberg films, such as Jaws, Raiders and Crusade.

Wow literally kys faggot

I can't understand why teenagers and kids are hyping up Jurassic World.

youtube.com/watch?v=PscRUlsvhtI

It lacked scenes like this with proper tension and drama.
Jurassic World was all about "Hey remember this *wink wink*" without actually creating the feel of the original scenes.

>It's a fucking children's movie about dinosaurs
This was a pretty fucked children's movie then. I still remember being freaked out at all the people being horribly eaten alive when I saw this in theaters as a kid.

I just wanted to see hammond's dream come true even if for 30 minutes
youtube.com/watch?v=SLGeFfxdEkA

There were only like 3 onscreen deaths.

You can't really have an intelligent Jurassic Park sequel when the whole point of the original movie is that dinosaurs shouldn't be cloned. The first two sequels had the "stuck on Isla Sorna" plot that is both weaker and more generic. JW did that thing that modern Hollywood love: "let's redo this beloved movie with all the details and none of the inspiration, while cramming in some lip service to self-awareness". It was bound to be mediocre.

I was fairly young when the movie the came out, but according to my parents I was clapping and cheering along the dinosaurs when they were killing people.

So my point went over your head. Okay.

You're fucked m8

Everything. Literally everything is perfect; not a single second or sentence of dialogue is wasted space. 10/10 every time.