Dexter Series Finale

Just finished this.
So, what do you guys think happened after that lackluster ending?

Other urls found in this thread:

dexter.wikia.com/wiki/Isaak_Sirko
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He eventually went to Argentina to see his son.

the zombie apocalypse that starts the walking dead begins.

He started killing people who didn't fit the code. First killers, then wife beaters, then drunks, down to people who bump into him on the street, until he has to flee and start anew.

i don't know i stopped watching when deb wanted to fuck dexter and then DIDN'T

This is what i hope happened, that he got over himself, and went to his son.
This is probably what actually happened.

poor Dex :(

he became a successful logger.

that was when the series jumped the shark i think. If not then, then it definitely fell off when Deb discovered Dexter. Actually, The Trinity Killer season was the peak for me.

:(

Anyone else think, they were a little tame when it came to the violence? I definitely think that making Dexter a bit more gruesome would make him a much more dynamic and complex character. Showtime went really out of its way to show that Dexter is a "Good Guy" so that even his kills were quick (a stab to the heart)

I would call it something a little bit different than lackluster more like comedic. I couldn't fathom how bad it was with my logical mind, I was laughing so hard at Deborah in the water like it was an 80's music video and lumberjack Dex. We will never get an ending as bad as this from a once good series ever again.

If I could change one thing about my life, I'd have stopped watching after season 4

Is there a worse ending to a show than this?

>I guess I'm a lumber jack now
That ending seriously made me laugh and I kind of like it for that reason alone.

Man I used to fucking love Dexter, but I literally got 4 episodes into the last season and totally gave up on it. It went all downhill after season 4 desu

666 park avenue

the last two seasons of the office were terrible, but the actual final episode wasnt that bad in comparison

If only he had realized 20 years earlier that the dark passenger would be satisfied by killing trees instead of people.

what happens on this?

possibly not

such a shame what happened with dexter, S1 & 2 & 4 were fantastic (fuck season 3 though) and its one of the few shows i downloaded and couldnt stop myself marathoning through it

and then season 5 was just utter shit, and i just gave up a few episodes into season 6, its like the show just dumped all of its capable writers and slowly turned into some piece of shit like TBBT

that fucking intro man

After season 1, their lead writer quit because of creative differences between the show and book. After season 4, the new lead writer quit for the same reason, and the rest was written by women who couldn't even write their own names

see

This is actually the only thing that could redeem that awful final season.

He literally >literally >LITRULLY throws a braindead deb into the ocean

That picture alone really made the show become my guilty pleasure, fuck

>After season 4, the new lead writer quit

you can REALLY tell

>muh lackluster ending
I don't think there's ever been a series that the majority of people didn't think had a lackluster ending.

The show went on too long in the first place (as is almost always the case), and so I can't imagine an ending that wouldn't be polarizing.
>meets up with his kid and walks away into the sunset
HUH... GAY!!
>ends up alone innawoods with nothing to show for himself
Definitely the most realistic scenario, but dipshits hate it for the same reason they hate The Sopranos ending -- it didn't spoonfeed you and tie every last fucking detail up.

Jesus really? They must have started season 5 on right?

The majority of normal people I have heard talk about it, seem to think the ending of Breaking Bad was good. I mean I hated the whole last season, but that opinion only seems to be common here and few other places.

A lot of shows just have lukewarm endings. The ending of Star Trek: TNG is probably the best ending of a show I can think of. I also really liked the ending of Quantum Leap.

the scene where Dexter kills Saxon with the pen, is the only redeeming moment of the finale, imo.

>what do you guys think happened after that lackluster ending
Huge post-dexter spoilers, do not click webm

babylon 5 had pretty much a perfect ending

I've never seen that show is it any good?

imo its the best sci fi show by quite a margin, and in my top 3 of tv shows. if you are a fan of sci fi you really should watch it - horribly dated CGI and all

The SFU ending is legendary for how good it is

WE ALL KMOW HES JUST GONNA CONTINUE KILLING IN THE WOODS

THEY CANT HELP THEMSELVES

ITS WHAT THEY DO

The Shield has the best series finale

Breaking Bad is definitely an exception as far as general consensus on the end being good.

Ur shitting me.

Apparently most of the writers quit throughout the first 4 seasons, and they were left with that gaggle of plebs

showrunner clyde phillips left dexter after s4 and he didn't like the s8 finale either.
here is his idea of how dexter should've ended:

>In the very last scene of the series, Dexter wakes up. And everybody is going to think, ‘Oh, it was a dream.’ And then the camera pulls back and back and back and then we realize, ‘No, it’s not a dream.’ Dexter’s opening his eyes and he’s on the execution table at the Florida Penitentiary. They’re just starting to administer the drugs and he looks out through the window to the observation gallery.

>And in the gallery are all the people that Dexter killed—including the Trinity Killer and the Ice Truck Killer (his brother Rudy), LaGuerta who he was responsible killing, Doakes who he’s arguably responsible for, Rita, who he’s arguably responsible for, Lila. All the big deaths, and also whoever the weekly episodic kills were. They are all there.

>That’s what I envisioned for the ending of Dexter. That everything we’ve seen over the past eight seasons has happened in the several seconds from the time they start Dexter’s execution to the time they finish the execution and he dies. Literally, his life flashed before his eyes as he was about to die. I think it would have been a great, epic, very satisfying conclusion.

what if we were to keep this ending but place it at the end of season five after he's gotten over rita's death. have him keep his son and have him trying to struggling to start a new life after quitting miami metro.

>Watt a twisht!
Most people would have mocked that shit too... at least on Sup Forums kek

I was left wondering why the ended on that. I really hope they do a new season. I fucking loved binging on that shit.

at least it would've made more sense than lumberjack dexter dumping his sister in the ocean and sending his son away to grow up in south america.

I finally watched this show a few months ago. It was never that good. I mean first 4 seasons were alright. I sort of liked 1st and 4th the most. but after that. god it got so awful.

And the ending. I knew what happened but wtf was that

It's pretty hackey and cliche, but it's better than lumberjack Dex.

Oh, so he watched Scrubs too?

Really fucking hammy.

The season 4 ending was perfect, thinking back on it. Dexter has to raise a son alone who potentially will end up the same as him.

I never saw the ending to Scrubs was it good or bad?

The ending of BrBa was garbage. Only the first 2 seasons are good

>Season 5 was utter shit.
I feel like I'm in the minority, but I really liked it. It was no follow-up to the Trinity Killer, but it was nice to see Dexter try to show someone else the "right way" to do things and for a rape and revenge plot it was pretty nicely tied up. The bad guys were shitty petty pricks, the chick was well acted, the finale kill where Deb almost finds them and lets them go because she is conflicted about stopping a killer who is killing rapists.

Like it isn't Grade A television, but it was pretty well wrapped up. The shitty "but now I must leave, my planet needs me" thing pissed me the fuck off. It was such a cop out. She and Dexter were happy with one another, they were able to do what needed doing, and it would've been better to watch them fall out because Dexter is more in love with killing and his urges than she was, and how she just wanted to recover and try to be normal after all of it.

>ruins everything he touches
>cannot contain urges to kill
>aside from a touch of BPD, his girlfriend's relatively stable and gets along with the kid
>he goes somewhere he won't be found, works under the table, and spends the rest of his life in misery and regret
What doesn't make sense?

Dexter fucked her in real life.
Debra wasn't happy.

which season had the gay russian mafia guy? that was the last time it was watchable

his girlfriend finds him, and they have dinner in his shack even though he's reluctant. While the poison sets in, she brings in a small coffin and sets it on the table, opens it, and inside is the corpse of his poisoned son.

>did you really think I was gonna raise that kid by myself you fucking piece of shit.

The end.

I liked it; I saw it when it came out and I bawled afterwards. That was in like 8th grade but I still tear up a little when I see it now

dexter.wikia.com/wiki/Isaak_Sirko

season 7

I didn't post on Sup Forums when this show was still on, but I have to imagine that anons pointed out the fact that Dexter's internal monologue could have easily been written by gif-related.

If only if it as BASED as the Lost ending

The only series finale I cried

>>>/reddit/

OMEDETOU DEXTER-KUN

You will never rape Julia Stiles with your bros and then dump her in a field in a barrel or whatever.

Why even bother, amigos?

who's best?

Small minds will never be able to comprehend the Dexter's existential despair. You sit there in your blissful ignorance, unable to fathom the duality that existed between the moralistic Dexter, and his ever-present Dark Passenger. I truly feel sorry for anyone who has not experienced the wretched lows and the sublime highs of being an übermensch who exists only in the shadows.

Right to left.

Rita > Ivon > Crazy Bitch > Lumen

The arson, obviously

Crazy's hot

Rita was adorable

i don't know about anyone else but i wanted to fuck deb's bony ass throughout the whole series

far right one is the hottest

DON'T BE LEWD

Stiles. No question.

1. Maximum Borderline Personality
2. No personality
3. She was the only one who seemed genuine
4. Way too narcissistic. Nothing there.

Deb had the sex appeal of a fucking brick. The fuck is wrong witchu.

>tfw your sister catches you in the act

>No personality
That's a good thing

Within reason, but that girl would bore me to fuckin death. Oh, and then there's the whole "my wife's kids" thing.

lila's accent alone gave me a boner but I'm not hyped about getting burned alive.
rita was great s1 but later turned into a nagging bitch.
lumen was far to damaged to ever be gf material.
hannah was fucking perfect.

it's obvious that she deepthroats

I want to make sweet love to Lumen but Lila looks like the kind of girl who spanks you when you're fucking her so there's that.

I want to protect Rita, desu.

Rita>Poison chick>Lila>>>>>dog shit>>>>Lumen

Rita got 100x better when she got mommy tits.

How would the show be if dexter was black

>Implying Harry would adopt a niglet

>ywn cuddle S1 rita and stroke her hair

simply end my life lad

They should have kept Astor :^(

I don't know why but the rushed coloring and filter makes it looks like an anime design.

I never saw it either. Is JD flashing back as he dies or something?

Would his monologues be about his craka' passenger?

I fucking loved Deb, but sexually and not sexually. Yeah, she had her retards moment, but she came back from those, unlike most other characters, especially Dexter himself.

She was too old and fat.

I loved her too, but you have to face reality.

Season 1 was primo excellent. It's "pretty good" up until Season 5. Then it's laughably bad. Too bad they didn't give him what he wanted to stay on, may have had something that comes close to Sopranos after a number of seasons.