ITT: we rank Zappa's work:

ITT: we rank Zappa's work:

Absolutely Free = Uncle Meat > Hot Rats > Bongo Fury > Freak Out! = Joes Garage > Filmore East - June 1971 > Weasels Ripped my Flesh > 200 Motels > We're Only in it For the Money > Apostrophe > Overnite Sensation > One Size Fits All > Chungas Revenge > Sheik Yerbouti

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cqU_iZH173E
youtube.com/watch?v=WJxoV5O8HUU
youtube.com/watch?v=S2Vx5-RRtRw
youtube.com/watch?v=8ZRNPUmwAOY
youtube.com/watch?v=R2gLggbIipc
youtube.com/watch?v=e8GGWqJ-l4U
youtube.com/watch?v=c6fKl-huexE
youtube.com/watch?v=fOsaYPV9ldM
youtube.com/watch?v=p2J_tYGH8yA
youtube.com/watch?v=qi37ziNab_g
youtube.com/watch?v=Opp62xFDygY
youtube.com/watch?v=Vz12FO_lBtY
youtube.com/watch?v=-79uI_u9Src
youtube.com/watch?v=YMdhWRO4-dQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7mNTV-llnuY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's all hipster shit. Zappa fans are pretentious cunts.

mmmmz I guess.... Best band you've never heard live>make a jazz noise here> sheik Yerbouti > shut up and play your guitar.... but I just love the way he solo's... also youtube.com/watch?v=cqU_iZH173E

Peaches En Regalia

Guitar solo at end of "Dumb all over", peaches, Sheik Yerbouti..........the list goes on. Best guitarist ever bar none.

Here, have a treat :-) youtube.com/watch?v=WJxoV5O8HUU

shit this isnt Sup Forums....

I think there are so many layers to his work, it's all good, but I like the later work more, cuz meez think it's instrumentally more refined. + I forgot: broadway the hardway.

nice
I always liked joe's garage and zoot allures, myself

vai owes frank his career

Zappa > 2PAC
/thread

solo on the torture never sleeps and basically the whole of watermelons in easter hay are sublime

*torture never stops
(I was just listening to rust never sleeps and that slipped in there)

dammm boi those tits

that flanger tho

Lost

jazz>from>hell

OK, story time. My brother knows a studio engineer in UK who met Frank when he came over to record / talk business. The studio was out to impress him and went out an spent a shit load on exotic booze for his visit. He turned up and they said " Hi Frank, nice to meet you, what would you like to drink?" He looked at the display of booze from around the world, turned back to the guy and said, "I'd love a cup of tea please". Gotta love the guy.

feel (frank) vs technique (vai)
much preferred vai's tone when he used a strat
vai copped a ton of licks from frank
1:22 - 1:42 some good and tasty slippery shit right there

ice cream for crow was always my favorite. the video was good too.

>ice cream for crow

cool but Beefheart ;)

i love the old stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=S2Vx5-RRtRw

City of tiny lights..

youtube.com/watch?v=8ZRNPUmwAOY

Played with the cream of the crop too youtube.com/watch?v=R2gLggbIipc

Love it!

some nice zappa guitar on this
youtube.com/watch?v=e8GGWqJ-l4U

Zappa is a genius. He's far more than a musician. He is a full on composer and incredibly detailed in how he makes every single song. The dude was a full fucking master. Anyone here calling him a hack, or pretentious are totally fucking ignorant of the depth of Frank Zappa. Sit the fuck down scrub faggots. Eat the yellow snow bitch.

youtube.com/watch?v=c6fKl-huexE what a solo ... especially the constant rephrasing of the same musical ideas.... love it ... tits

Hilarious blues. The Illinois Enema Bandit youtube.com/watch?v=fOsaYPV9ldM

like the swing on this ... but Ray White tho youtube.com/watch?v=p2J_tYGH8yA

>youtube.com/watch?v=p2J_tYGH8yA
True.

I've heard famous classical composers say how accomplished Zappa was as a composer, some narrow minded, shallow people just can't or won't accept it just because they don't like it.

youtube.com/watch?v=qi37ziNab_g
Chunga's Revenge..classic nurdling.

No one here is dissin Frank man.

well this douchebag was... I'm so mad i got rat tomago juice splooged all over muh sensitivity training textbook ... also youtube.com/watch?v=Opp62xFDygY

ITT we take several things that are completely unrelated and we rank them, because we are all sperglords who can not deal with the universe unless all parts of it are lined up in some order.

>well this
>douchebag was... I'm so mad i ate the yellow snow..

yeah, but nobody over in Sup Forums talks about music, so people have to post here.

>Zappa is a genius.

he was a genius. sadly his output began to drop slightly after he died of prostate cancer.

by now you should know that if someone posts "ZAPPA IS SHIT" in a Frank Zappa thread, they are desperate for attention and should be ignored.

ignoring them is the worst thing you can do to them. it's better than physically punching them in the face.

>youtube.com/watch?v=Opp62xFDygY
Fair point, never saw that douche post. Now wipe up your sploog.

Freak Out and Chungas Revenge are the only Zappa albums I listen to . Freak Out because it was off the wall when few were and Chungas because it's the least Zappaish.
I love modern composer 'classical' but most Zappa never goes anywhere for me.

I think when the user hears this one, it will make them cry.... cuz thruth youtube.com/watch?v=Vz12FO_lBtY

Don't know how you can say it don't go anywhere but each to their own. I remember being introduced to Zappa, Joe's Garage, after doing hot knives with a friend. Blew my fucking mind.

Yep, moves me for sure.

Strange really. The guy with Joe's Garage is inside now for murdering a guy in drug deal gone sideways. Good track.

sad for that guy... or not... Repent or GO TO HELL jackoff!! and this is a good one little diddy too youtube.com/watch?v=-79uI_u9Src

Haha! Never heard that before.

Sup Forums is way more random, so that's why lowlifes like meeez is hangin hurrr

the song gets good after the story about the fraud-preacher.... musically it's what makes me love Zappa so much....

Nice one. I'm out but I'll leave you with Catholic Girls youtube.com/watch?v=YMdhWRO4-dQ
and this

i once had a very emotional moment with an ex-gf just as we were on the verge of breaking up. i was a mediocre guitarist, she was much better, and we jammed to "Watermelon in Easter Hay". we broke up the next day, and i can not listen to that song any more.

that strange singing round the 1:40 point...

yeah, it's just ... weird.. how you can't ask questions about anime in Sup Forums.. you can't talk about music in Sup Forums... if you ask questions about tech in Sup Forums they tell you to fuck off, and Sup Forums .. well, no sane person goes there ever.

/lit/ is full of philosophags and zizek shitposters. Sup Forums is the only place you CAN talk about shit.

What movie was he in? Don't recognize him with all that hair

I don't visit those boards... Sup Forums is just likably random... but I dig the sarcasm

Yes....Joe's Garage.

i wish i was being sarcastic.

i might go over to /f/ now and see if anyone has started posting flash animations, or if they're still posting gif loops with dubstep. like they were on ytmnd.

i'm sorry for being suspicious.... but anyway, the main question might be,,, why is Sup Forums more attractive for all kinds of discussions? is it because of hardcore fFAAAANNnsss ... also OT youtube.com/watch?v=7mNTV-llnuY