Face it, The Beach Boys were to Doo-Wop what The Beatles were to Rock n' Roll:

Face it, The Beach Boys were to Doo-Wop what The Beatles were to Rock n' Roll:

Second-rate bands who got big because they were attractive white guys competing with oppressed black artists.

All of them look like geeks in that picture besides Dennis.

This isn't that hard to figure out. /thread

Only Al looks like a geek.

Also, just like the Beatles they didn't get interesting until they started experimenting with Psychedelic Rock

I'll Follow the Sun came out well before they started experimenting with psychedelic rock.

spicy bait, thanks

i preferred it when brian wilson went fucking insane and invented prog pop because by god that actually sounded cool

>Beach Boys
>attractive
Dennis was cool looking but the rest look like average dorks.
also, white people will identify and like white bands singing about white stuff. nothing wrong with that

I'm just gonna come right out and say it, they might have done it first but black people tend to have no respect for a good vocal melody, and that alone is what really did it.

Brian and Carl are very overweight, Brian especially as time went on. Mike is balding in his 20s. Al looks like some little manlet dwarf guy. Dennis was the only one who looked good.

Show me just one song by a black person/group of the time that is comparable to anything on Pet Sounds. Black people think just because one of their own came up with a creative new style for an instrument that was adopted by others, therefore, they are wholly responsible for the evolution of the genre from then on. The Beach Boys and The Beatles did more for rock music than Chuck Berry and Little Richard, but just because the latter two influenced the former two, black people as a whole are supposed to get all the credit for rock music? I don't think so.

This

>attractive

I'm not sure I would go so far as to compare The Beach Boys to Doo Wop. There are, of course elements of Barber Shop Quartet in their earlymaterial, but I would liken it more to vocal groups/quartets like The Four Freshmen and the like. (Just put on a Four Freshmen album and an early Beach Boys album, and one can hear the similarities in harmonic vocal stylings. Go ahead. Try it. Make the comparison for yourself)

Bo Diddly had a similar ethos, but I get what you're saying. Ultimately, I think the whole race thing is stupid. Many whites consider Hendrix rock's greatest, and that many blacks consider Eminem rap's greatest, while Europeans don't give a fuck because they know it's all stupid to think about. Americans are all mutts at the end of the day anyway.

Desmond Dekker- Isrealites
Jimi Hendrix- Third Stone From the Sun
Nina Simone- Sinnerman
Jimmy Ruffin- What Becomes of the Broken Hearted
Bo Diddley- Bo Diddley
Etta James- At Last
The Supremes- I Hear a Symphony
Brenda Halloway- Every Little Bit Hurts
Larry Banks- I'm Not the One
Mary Wells- Little Boy
John Coltrane- Africa
John Coltrane- Giant Steps
Ornette Coleman- Hat and Beard
Howling Wolf- Spoonful
Charles Mingus- Black Saint and the Sinner Lady (suite)

>tfw Racists get REKT

>The Supremes
You mean The Supremese produced by Phil Spector and Spoonful was around for years before Howlin' Wolf recorded it, there are recordings of Charley Patton playing it. The rest of your list is sound though, especially the jazz musicians.

I just realized I confused The Ronnettes and the Supremes. Well, what I said about Spoonful is still true.

Sure, Jan.
Dennis was p fuckin hot desu

Mike Love looks pretty good for a guy his age in 2017. He's still a piece of shit but he's aged well.

>You mean The Supremese produced by Phil Spector

To be fair, the Velvet Underground, Frank Zappa, and Bob Dylan on "Like a Rolling Stone", were all produced by a black man during dignificant junctions in their careers.

They all look like a bunch of republicans to me.

yeah, you're not wrong
but yes definitely fuck mike love
why didn't 2016 take him too?

>waaah! the white man be taking muh culture!

WE

The near lack of production is a major part of early Dylan and TVU (Wilson famously walked out of Sister Ray halfway through the recording) though and we all know Frank Zappa was doing his own thing. Wilson was a producer who more or less let the artist's do their own thing (which isn't a bad thing) and if you're going to argue otherwise, explain why all of the artists he produced had such different sounds.

And if we're really going to go at it, it was Zappa who introduced Hendrix to the Wah-Wah peddle.

I'd hardly believe "Sounds of Silence", "Sounds of Silence", "Like a Rolling Stone" were songs that didn't need their producer.

And even the noisy chaos like "White Light/ White Heat" wouldn't have sounded the same without a competent producer to arrange the noisy instruments.

Also "We're Only In It For the Money", and the first Soft Machine album, both very notable for their heavy production job.

>74181882
*"Sunday Morning", "Sounds of Silence"

holy shit, help is like their best song

>white
>culture
Choose one.

True pleb

Not to shit on Wilson, but Zappa himself said that WOIIFTM was the album where he basically took 100% control over the production.

Fun fact: Most of the Mothers aren't on it either.

Niggers are subhuman. Deal with it.