Hey Sup Forums Going to the jungle to do an ayahuasca retreat to trip balls and fix my fucking head...

Hey Sup Forums Going to the jungle to do an ayahuasca retreat to trip balls and fix my fucking head. Anyone have experience in South America, Peru in particular? Or have ever done ayahuasca? I'll be doing this near the beginning of 2018.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FcpYPu9M3bw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i went on some guided tour thingy in peru with my folks. what do you need to know?

How are the locals there with travelers/tourist
just anything that you might want to share.

rip OP 2000-2018

Im 29 but thanks user

rip OP 1999-2018
mb

what could go wrong?

im sure lots of things.

they all seemed pretty friendly and chill to be honest. if you're an all right enough guy i don't think you'd have trouble squeezing a free dinner from some locals out in the rural areas. they generally seemed happy to meet people and have guests.

do you know how to speak a little spanish? this will help you out immensely. but do know that there are places in the mountains where they don't speak english OR spanish.

Right I heard that, I do speak some spanish so i will take this time to ramp it up.

You're going to take one of the most potent and psychedelic drugs. I never tried it but what I know from Informations I've gathered and what a friend of mine told me who's been on literally anything that ayahuasca isn't the usual drug that would give you a euphoric or pleasant high. Be prepared to face your biggest fears and inner demons.
Aslong as you have an experienced shaman around you you should be fine.
Respect ayahuasca, that's the most important thing. That trip might change your personality.

even a tiny bit of fragmented knowledge of a language can get you really far with people, assuming you know how to listen and how to express what you want.

also drink the coca tea at every available opportunity. you'll have lots of opportunities, so don't worry.

I've been reading a lot. this isnt a "hey lets get fucked up in the jungle" nah I need to figure some shit out within myself. I think she can help. Now I am an experienced tripper but I've heard people say that you are just never going to be ready.
Also a clean diet is best months before heading up there.

Whats the tea like? I am not shy or fearful of adventure. Thats why I plan on taking this trip, I have traveled a lot for pleasure but nothing like this.

I tried it and I wasn't the same person afterwards.

Are you in rehab?
Most drug addicts treat themselves with ayahuasca and it helps most of the times.

No. A lot of psychological stuff that occured when I was younger(like most humans) and I put it off in my 20's and ignored it. So Its to help me understand myself and all that fun stuff.

i dont really know how to describe it, but i thought it has some really nice cocoa undertones. it really perks you up, even if there is very little of the actual drug in there. the people there prescribe it for every ailment imaginable, espeicially for altitude sickness.

Oh wow okay interesting sounds like an all round badass drink. Is it enjoyable to the average person outside or Peru?

You do know that sometimes it's best to not go through an ayahuasca trip.
Now I'm not trying to talk you out of this, but are you really not able to deal with the things that occurred in the past by yourself?
Ayahuasca might help you, but it could also end pretty bad. You'll never know what'll come at you once the ayahuasca comes up. There's no control to it.

A couple years ago me and my dad's friend ate about a quarter oz each of shrooms and just took off into the woods. Ended up jacking each other off in somebody's tree fort and causing a pretty significant fire. He's still in prison for it, I've been out a little over 6 months. definitely doing it again when he gets out the pin

i would think so. i dont think it's particularly abraisive or offensive to anyone's tastebuds. if you can enjoy hot herbal teas of any kind, you will like it. if you buy a box tea bag coca tea to bring back with you though, just know that it's been de-cocinated and, while still tastes nice, won't be quite the same.

I truly felt like this guy's shaman story brought me some hope. I saved it as a PDF and read it again from time to time. I'll post more screenshots if anyone is still in this thread and if there is interest. Op you still here?

I have faith. I am not afraid of getting fucked up from this. have you done it?

The universe told me, I sustain myself. still trying to wrap my mind around it.

Yeah post it please. Awesome find user

Im from america and even I know south america is dangerous
youtube.com/watch?v=FcpYPu9M3bw

How long ago was this?

As I've said before, I haven't gotten the chance to try it yet. To be completely honest, I only want to try it out when the time is right. And I don't know when that time will come around.
When it does, I'll surely try it out. But it might never happen aswell, and I'm fine with that aswell.

Continue please

I am interested by this.
Recently, I was at a fun fair, and had a revelation. I stared death and oblivion in the face and cried because of its absurdity (I will greentext if you want, but it might get philosophical and hard to explain).
Would this sort of experience help me reach enlightenment?

explain how you changed/story time

Go for it.

I'm probably leaving a lot of filler but if you read the whole thing It's easy to tell who the op is and it's an interesting discussion. I've been meaning to crop it down for those best of Sup Forums threads but just haven't taken the time. I actually find it hard to believe I'm the only one who saved it.

This is approximately halfway

People who go on "self-discovery" holidays like contiki tours, backpacking around India etc are absolutely trash tier

This is great man, Good job seriously. Its gonna be awesome when you edited down and such. Either way its great. any more?

You can come with if ya want.

do you have a single fact to back that up?

>a week ago
>at a fun fair, eating a piece of candy, there with my family
>suddently, realization hits me like a fucking truck of tolerance
>we are nothing. I grasped the true meaning of "memento mori"
>I had a vision of me standing in front of an immense void, an immense ball of darkness. this was death, and oblivion
>This is the only power at work in our lives. This is the only rule. When we die, it ends.
>Oblivion like you've never thought before, you lose all sense of self worth
>your hopes, dreams, fears, expectations, yearnings, regrets, they all mean nothing in the face of the fucking behemoth that's about to chow you down
>all of this hit my small brain by surprise like the fucking germans in warsaw
>I can't find the words to explain it, I cried
>It is also reassuring, for in spite of anything, when we die, we disappear forever. No paradise, no hell, if I ever thought of the existence of a god, I know now that it is not possible, for every being must live with the fact that they too, one day, will die
A most enlightening experience, though I would not welcome the dread that got me there. It was of the purest kind, the worst dread.

kek

No droogs?

The end

No drugs whatsoever, or none that I took out of my own will. I doubt the candy was laced, but if it was, IDK what it was laced with, but boy did I take a mean hit.
Last use of drugs was MJ 6 months ago, never took anything stronger.

Peruvian here.

Watch your shit and don't be stupid.

If your not from South America, dont drink the water or ice. You'll be sick for days.

Bring toilet paper wherever you go. Most bathrooms don't have it or will make you pay.

It'd also be really helpful if you knew someone over there that could verify if this place you've book is legit or not. I've seen a load of people scammed/robbed at the airport with no papers or anything because of this.

And try the cuye.

Wow thanks for the heads up thats awesome. I am super respectful of other ppls culture and homeland. I have a few people that I am friends with that have been to the same place for many years, I will have to find a connect there though. I am lacking in that department. and I just google searched cuye... Looks good never thought I would even think about trying something like that.

Dude so awesome. You are one of the reasons that the internet has some great things on it. I will be saving all of these. Good shit.

did ayahuasca in the world capital of it, Rio Branco, Brazil (Amazonas). very first time in my life. 37 y.o, no health problems. some mental ones like panic attacks and anxiety, but I'm not crazy. had it with 12 people, 7 of them local indians, a family. Me (male) and two girls were the only unexperienced ones. I do others drugs in my daily life, specially weed. but sometimes cocaine, alcohol, mushrooms... from time to time. but weed everyday. so, according to my experience, you should be with people that is serious and responsible. the one I drunk was supposedly very fresh/strong as the plants they use for the preparation were collected a few days before with had our take ("toma", in spanish/portuguese). if you are a man, that's better, as normally chamans or people who organise the takes try to have sex with the girls. there are countless claims of that, people in prison for rape, etc. even when I drunk it , there were two experienced guys trying to fuck the girls that were there with me. one of them succeed. if you don't have heart or blood pressure problems, you shouldn't worry. and of course, if you don't have a serious mental condition. hold on, continuing...

ok have fun coming back to Sup Forums and telling every single user that they're "projecting" and starting threads with the tool album cover as the attached image.

you start drinking it (sour, black) in doses. one, two, three, depending how you feel. is good if you clean/dtox yourself the day prior to do it. and try to drink lots of water during that day. that's because the chemistry in ayahuasca can react with some other stuff in your stomach/liver and you can end throwing up all night. that's not gonna kill you, but it will prevent you from enjoying the experience. continuing....

Thanks I'm glad I'm not the only one who found this fascinating.

I might not come back on here, and if I do it might be for a long time and only to share what I went through.

it's strong shit. the strongest experience with drugs in had in 37 y.o. not in a bad way, but in a way that you feel like accessing a different part in your brain. or at some point, in the highest one, that you are exploring a different time-space dimension. this is way is extremely important that you don't suffer from any serious mental conditions cause you can have a mental breakdown. about other health stuff, don't worry cause you blood pressure will rise but not more than when in your daily life drink whisky all night, or have energy drinks i.e... and if the people will you is the right one, they will check on you, how is your trip going every 40mins/1h. cont...

Thanks for your feed back man. I am basically in the same slot as you. I am younger but yeah kind of the same thing going on basically. Makes me feel even more confident in this.

the whole experience between taking the drug and coming back to my hotel took about 6-7hs. the high of drug is about 4hs depending on the person, dose, etc. like every drug. ask all the questions before starting your trip. don't drink water if you are not super thirsty (to keep your stomach empty and prevent vomits) and don't smoke weed while high on ayahuasca. the experienced people with me did it, even 12 y.o kids. there a safety procedure, let's say, if your trip if bad. you can open your eyes. drug mostly (but not only) works with your eyes closed. if you open them, you came back to reality. but there's a catch. if you keep you eyes open for a long time, you feel reality expanding, deforming right in front of you. not in a way that you can't handle, but you feel everything VERY stimulating. cont...last one.

>and fix my fucking head
>inb4 you fuck up your head more

sorry about all the typos and misspellings. so, regarding the trip... it starts slowly, like a lysergic thing.: color, shapes, faces, etc. very vivid. then, at some point, maybe after one hour, you reach the highest point. it is really hard to put in into words (when back in my hotel I recorded a 25mins voice message to my friends and wife trying to explain it, and failed). In my trip I had a long talk with my late grandpa, I loved him so much. He was a bird, he reincarnated as a bird and was talking to me. he said things that made me cry hard. people checked on me, I "woke up" and my grandpa was gone. then, I was flying (it is also a corporal feeling) between trees rooted in the sky, with branches hanging upside down. and that made think on my life, family, Trump and Putin (I'm not trolling, I swear). You feel like you are Einstein for 2 or 3hs, you understand the universe, but then is all gone, when the drug is out of your system. then, next morning you feel completely normal. you take a nice shit and have a fantastic breakfast. I kept on thinking about the ideas I manage to grab from that dimension during my trip for like a week. very positive experience. some people told me that if you are very depressed, feel extremely guilty about something, after the trip you can feel very depressed for many days. good for you that you will do this. I would totally try it again. just be sure that you are dealing with serious people that can take care of you in case your trip is too strong. good luck user.

Again thanks so much for sharing your experience dude. I feel like this is what I need or at least a calling for it I'm not sure what else to call it.

The retreat does the following
3 ayahuasca ceremonies
1 san padreo ceremony
1 tobacco ceremony
1 desert toad ceremony

So I will be full of medicine, obviously this isnt all at once. wtf

ayahuasca is the strongest one in the list. san pedro is easy to find in argentina, were I live, and did it many times as a teenager. tobacco ceremony is kinda gross (at some point you have to put it in your nose, indians use it to clean it). desert toad never tried.

Yeah the tobacco one seems a little abrasive but hey I got the ticket, take the ride. Its crazy I'm going to be doing it 3x

I can fully relate with the experience of narrated in the green text. of course you only feel like that when you are high on ayahuasca. they say that if you drink it every week, like indians do, your way of thinking / approaching reality changes. actually, in Brazil they are trying to pass a law in the congress that would allow some inmates in a northern state to drink ayahuasca. they will be monitored, of course. the idea is to help them change violent behaviour, drug habits, etc.

If it's anything like peyote you're in for an experience.
I spent 5 hours talking with a couple of aliens.

Wow thats amazing.

Bring it. I might be able to learn from them