Star Trek General

Is there a better episode of any ST series than Best of Both Worlds parts 1 & 2?

In terms of the lasting effect it had on the rest of the show, and an entire film released after the fact.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Aomqbq5eIB0
youtube.com/watch?v=qXw6hC7hxBA
youtube.com/watch?v=Ck-VIA1GUCY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Inner Light will always be my favorite. It's been the only TNG episode to ever make me cry. There aren't even many films that make me cry, but that episode made me weep like a little bitch.

best non meme episode is conundrum

>tfw this movie isn't doing well

It's literally the best film in the entire series to be made since The Undiscovered Country. What the fuck?

Too much action for Trekkies, too much non-action for normies.

Paramount bro

This. Hardcore fans didn't see it because of the awful trailers, and casual audiences didn't see it because it was released against Jason Bourne and Suicide Squad.

It's actually a miracle it did as well as it did because of word of mouth from people actually seeing the film.

>wiki entry was obviously written by a trekkie and spoiled the ending in the synopsis
Fucking hell.

Always relevant
youtube.com/watch?v=Aomqbq5eIB0

Course: Oblivion

The only part I didn't like was the shit villain with shit motivations and a shit doomsday plan. Exactly the same problem the last two movies had, although the stylistic feel and tone of the movie was better this time, for the most part.

I still think the Beastie Boys scene was okay, even if it was dumb as hell.

>when Amy Schumer lets you blow a load onto her

I heard it was good, but I didn't watch it because I gave them money for Into Darkness.
They owe me a free one.

If the universal translator is in use when Picard or Sisko are talking to the Klingons other than Worf, how come they can still say certain Klingon phrases and not have them be translated?

i.e Gowron often says "qapla" which is in Klingon and everybody hears it as that. Shouldn't it be translated?

"Maybe" I'm just stupid but I never understood what the title referred to.

It's definitely worth seeing for the catharsis it gives to people who didn't like the first 2 nu-trek films. It's a great character driven Trek film that makes you forgive what Abrams did to the entire reboot series.

It's a great Star Trek film. Something 2009 and Into Darkness weren't good at capturing.

because it's a tv show and the only people who think about things like this have autism
you can write a tv show and spend all your time worrying about all the stupid little details that people with autism are going to obsess and get mad about, or you can write a GOOD tv show.. you can't do both.

Well there's no way in hell I'm NOT going to watch a Star Trek movie, or even a "star trek" movie... I'm just not going to pay to sit in a theater this time.

To be honest, I haven't really enjoyed a Trek movie since 6... but I still keep fucking watching them...

Characters you could probably take in a fight

measure of a man or the drumhead are my favorite

space courtroom drama is best courtroom drama

They completely wimped out and didn't remove Riker from the show. I would have liked setting the president for frequently changing the crew members on the show.

Also they ended up changing so much about the Borg after this episode most of what we "learn" is wrong. Which makes sense given this was just speculation.

That said I did not see it when it originally aired so the concept of a cybernetic race like the Borg was not some new concept to me.

Beyond was good enough that it got me back into Star Trek for the first time in nearly two decades. I'm watching the shows again and started playing STO.

Thanks Takei

Why are the Kelvin Timeline Vulcan and the Vulcan in Star Trek Enterprise such massive fucking racists?

>president
precedent

Lose, get raped

Win, and rape

Win win.

Riker choosing to stay on the Enterprise is one of the biggest aspects of his character.

Same here, been marathoning the TV shows working my way through, and downloading STO. Just got myself a science vessel. Really glad I got dragged to see Beyond.

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

>Just got myself a science vessel.

That bridge looks super comfy.

It just made Riker look weak. He was too comfortable. He used to be aggressive, but he lost his edge over time. Actively rejecting a commission of his own was the nail that sealed the coffin on Riker. The fact that the show lasted seven seasons and all those films with no sign of Riker advancing didn't help. Is it realistic for a Naval officer to retain the same post for 15 years?

How was this one better than 2009?

is Star Trek Online actually a good game

Agreed. Inner Light had the best story and supporting characters outside the normal cast. I find myself watching it at least once a year.

Trekkers always want Star Trek to come up with new ideas for the show yet they themselves only ever just recycle ideas, some of which like OP's have been floating around in the fandom for MULTIPLE DECADES.

Where are the original trekthreads? Image and filename are pretty good but the text just shovels in old Star Trek Discussion stale garbage content down everyone's throat. >hurr durr BOBW

Can't we post new and original things? BORGED.jpg deseved way better than OP's post, which was just recycled garbage. Sure, it's easy to recycle, but isn't that what everyone complains about with Star Trek?

Let's set an example for Bryan Fuller and be completely original in every way from now on.

Whatever your opinion is, if he had taken the position then he'd be a completely cliche character. Choosing to stay gives him depth.

Ok, here's something relatively new

Picard pussed out like the faggot he is, and let the Borg assimilate him.

Archer is best Captain.

Grabs borg and pulls out its borg tubes... commences killing it with his bare hands.

Archer is a real man... not a flaky faggot, a token gibsmedat, or self-entitled feminot like the rest of them.

Ok guys I just finished Redemption Part 2....did not expect to see Tasha again. So glad this show has gotten good. More than halfway through TNG.

Just more sad victims of garbage trek addiction.

Enterprise offered the fanbase some new and original things...

But they had been eating garbage trek for so long that when they were finally served a bit of Enterprise, which is actually the Prime Rib of Star Trek, their acquired taste for garbage forced them to spit it out as if it were poison.

I'm on my first watch of ds9 late s3, I like it well enough. Some really dope stories, some cool characters, but even voyager has some cool characters.

I still have no fucking clue how people think this is better than tng tho. Like Alexander is awful and troi is a can't but her episodes can still be interesting, not like the terrible people in ds9.

>Sela
Literally no other villain did anything wrong because Sela did it all.

>its a kazon episode

Fuck I hate Kazon episodes. Shittiest niggerest aliens in all of Star Trek. I wish a crew of Klingons would end up in the Delta Quadrant and kick all the Kazons asses.

Ground combat is somewhat clunky. Space combat is all sorts of awesome. Plus, its free and was just released on console as well.

am I the only one who enjoyed enter darkness?

i think they did a great job re-writing the story to fit, i liked Khan because he felt like a genuine super soldier, not like the old He-Man-Khan who just punched shit really hard and was "smurt".

and are we also forgetting that TOS was much more action orientated? TNG is the slow-plodding thinkfest, not TOS. and a re-vamped TOS in a world with no vulkans to force-feed Starfleet the idea of peace is kinda fitting.

i just liked it d00ds. not gonna apologize for that.

Yeah, they have the absolute worst design of any race, too.

>that Godfather III homage

I'm currently enjoying Enterprise, but I wish there was more exploration/Andorian shenanigans. I want to see the birth of the Federation, not more time travel bullshit.

>I want to see the birth of the Federation, not more time travel bullshit.

Have you gotten into the retarded story arc with the Xindi yet? I hated it, and it sucked up a very large part of Enterprise.

None of us knows just how great it could have become if it weren't for all the whiny trektards.

It was Star Trek done right.

No faggots.
No feminism
No PC
Less technobabble
More realism
More character
Interesting aliens
Solid storytelling

Trektards hate it because it isn't gay enough.

Just bought the Voyager box sets. Just breezed over the synopsis. This is going to be the best $220 I've ever spent.

>Dat Maquis and Federation tension
>Dat diverse cast of rookies, non-Starfleet members, holograms, Borg and new aliens
>Dat feeling of isolation and desperation of a crew of lost travelers
>Dat potential for character development and varying relationships among the crew
>Dat development on the Borg that is likely to ensue

This is going to be the best ride through a piece of science-fiction ever. I can't fucking wait!

i didn't like the captain, and i hated the engineer. i also hated the security cheif.

the vulkan bitch was fucking smoking hot, the doctor was great, and i didn't mind Hoshi either.

other than that, i just didn't find the characters very likable or interesting. i did heavily enjoy the MAKO parts though, those guys were fucking awesome and they constantly put fuckballs security cunt in his place.

youtube.com/watch?v=qXw6hC7hxBA

enterprise gets a pass for me because they managed to create the best mirrorverse episode for it

This tbqhfam

Some of the main characters were just bland and boring.

I enjoyed the story overall, but the character department was its biggest weakness in my eyes.

Yeah, I'm halfway into the final season. Shran has become my favorite nonfeddie, with Phlox my favorite nonhuman. Honerable mention goes to post-bombing Soval.

All of the stinkers are in season 4.

Commander, keep your reproductive organs private.

Commaner, let me describe to you your mothers reproductive organs.

Commander, let me hold your sexual organs.

Reminder: your sexual organs did nothing wrong.

>Some of the main characters were just bland and boring.

Translation:

"They weren't gay enough."

youtube.com/watch?v=Ck-VIA1GUCY

Deja Q. That scene at the end when Q makes data laugh brings me to tears every time.
First Contact was excellent though.

This.
Into Dorkness was an awful, awful attempt to remake Star Trek II (which, imho was the very very best Star Trek movie,)
Stop serving us leftovers, JJ.

>it's a picard goes back in time and fucks his academy crush episode

Star Trek: Deep Space 9, Season 6, Episode 19 - "In the Pale Moonlight".
Sci Fi Magazine lists it as the fan favourite of the entire series.
This single episode probably impacts more of the canon than any other in the entire franchise.

I'd like to tsunkatse with 7 of 9, if you know what I mean.

Being second best on the Flagship of the quadrant's largest military beats being captain on any other vessel.

Not sure if trolling, but Sisko is the best captain in the franchise. Yes, I said it.

The S'kria were pretty niggerish.

Suzy Plakson looks hot as fuck in blue.

Q2 was a lot of fun.

>Sisko is the best captain

Another sad victim of garbage trek addiction.

>Suzy Plakson looks hot as fuck in blue

Suzy Plakson looks old as fuck without heavy makeup.

Eww.
Nasty.

Just finished the DS9 finale

A little disappointing. It felt like they really blew the budget beforehand so they rushed everything. The clip show at the end was nice but dragged on.

Yeah, that finale was a clusterfuck.

Richard Harrow deserved better.

KEL DOR JOY ANONS

I want to ________ Data.

mai waifu

>Denobulans were typically polyamorous, where a man typically had three wives, who each had three husbands.

Fucking degenerates.

Someone should have virus bombed their homeworld.

It's great but The Inner Light and (I know I'm going to catch flak from this) Tapestry are better. If we're not limited to TNG , Balance of Terror and In the Pale Moonlight are better.

I'll give you a (you) for effort, user.

If those are your terms for the best episode, then I would probably agree. But in terms of an individual stand out episode, most of them would probably be from TOS. Mirror, Mirror, City on the Edge of Forever, The Cage etc have amazing scripts despite the dated effects, and don't need any contextual knowledge to be appreciated.

>casual audiences didn't see it because it was released against Jason Bourne
... people went and saw Jason Bourne?
did anyone actually care about this film?

I think the best TNG episode by far was Lower Decks. It was so interesting to see life aboard the Enterprise from a different perspective, since had only really seen things through the eyes of the senior officers. Shame that it happened during the last season and they were never able to do any other episodes like it.

>the Gorn in that Enterprise episode is CG and Archer doesn't defeat him by punching him with both fists locked on the back of his head
missed opportunity

I didnt see any commercials for it before i saw that it was showing in the local cinema.

Remember that time when they show the Kazons were actually poor misunderstood and mistreated spece-nogs?
even back then, they tried to make their [THINLY-VEILED-RACIAL-ALLAGORY] a bunch of dindus

>Paramount

More everybody. There have been nothing but flops this year.

>goddamn vulcanniggers ´with their pointy ears, always ruining it for me and my dad

The BoBW arc is definitely probably the most epic, but it's still two episodes.

I have my personal favorites, but The Hunted is probably the tightest, and most well-balanced episode out there.

>Galactic politics
>Inside look at Federation process
>Compelling moral dilemmas
>Every character gets the spotlight
>Well-used sfx
>perfect pacing

Well atleast we got the goddamn fantastic Sacrifice of angels

Having Hannibal reciting Tennyson, just awsome

>get rid of the temporal cold war AKA the most retarded story arc in all Trek
>still manages to be the worst season
how

>you will never be trapped in a room with t'pol during pon farr
Why do I even exist?

>Inspired by the most logical race in the galaxy, the Vulcans, breeding will be permitted once every seven years. For many of you, this will be much less breeding. For me, much, much more.

I cared about it and was disappointed.

I wouldn't have seen Beyond regardless of Jason Bourne, 2009 was enough to convince me there was nothing worth seeing in the reboot.