Board claims to be patricians who listen to experimental music

>board claims to be patricians who listen to experimental music
>its all pop trash and one /classical/ general

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/Sachiko-M-Toshimaru-Nakamura-Otomo-Yoshihide-Good-Morning-Good-Night/release/525626
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/hampus_gronvall/magenta_circuit/
discogs.com/Otomo-Yoshihide-Plays-The-Music-Of-Takeo-Yamashita/master/917188
discogs.com/Jérôme-Noetinger-eRikm-What-A-Wonderful-World/release/304987
autismdeluxe.bandcamp.com/album/banana-circuit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sup Forums is objectively the worst board of Sup Forums
it's somehow worse than Sup Forums, Sup Forums, /mlp/ and those anime boards

>GMGN
>"good"

>Otomo Yoshihide
Is this the most based man in experimental music? I swear he's involved at least half of the avant Japanese things I see.

>but muh Death Grips
>but muh Swans

death grips is about as experimental as grimes

You've never been to /asp/

jfc whats with all the BS ''wrestling'' shit?

and how is this worse than Sup Forums?
it's called 'Alternative Sports & Wrestling' and it's a good board if you're into this shit
Sup Forums is garbage if you're into music

>magenta circuit
Absolute classic. Essential listening.

>Sup Forums is garbage if you're into music

i'm inclined to agree, but could you explain your reasons for thinking that?

>Sup Forums is worse then Sup Forums
its pretty shit here, but Sup Forums is better?
this has to be b8.

Vol.4 when?

Sup Forums isnt about appreciating music, its a circlejerk for people to feel better about themselves because of muh pratician taste
its what shitty art galleries are to trust fund kids

no one here knows how to discuss music

see

Blame poptimism, white guilt Americans encouraged by p4k/Fantano and Montie with his poseur bollocks

I think all three artists on GMGN are involved in so many avant japanese things

so in other words, everyone's pretentious and dead inside? because i can appreciate all the forms of music posted here for its artistic merit and i'll listen to most albums once but it seems like 95% of the shit either gets boring after the first few listens or needs 10+ listens for you to finally "get" it. and me being a semi-normie i just don't have the attention span for that shit. the only music that i've discovered from Sup Forums that i actually still regularly listen to is mac demarco and death grips, funnily enough. otherwise it's all just another box to check and say "yeah i've listened to that" without actually fully enjoying what you're listening to.

Yeah. Sachiko M and Toshimaru Nakamura are pretty close to onkyo superstars if such a thing exists. Yoshihide has a little more variety in his discog, but they're all a pretty big deal in improvised music.

>ranking your shitty bandcamp ep among real free improv
fuck off hampus

Nah, there's not enough shitposting here for it to be the worst.

>so in other words, everyone's pretentious and dead inside?
that's exactly what i'm saying, most of this site would consider me a normalfag despite that i'm really not.
i'm not saying having taste, and knowing what you like/why you like it is pretentious, i'm saying Sup Forums likes to think it's somehow better for having a "patrician" taste, and looking down on others who do not share their knowledge of music.
having played with a lot of people and having hung around in art circles, some of the best artists i know have had shit tastes and influences.
Music is subjective, and honestly anyone who bases everything off of their taste for it, like really makes that the core of their personality, well then their assholes you shouldn't want to associate with. its like having that friend who only eats organic, cruelty-free, local food. eventually you resent them for being such and asshole, and imposing their view of what is "right", and you stop being their friend, because they put their view above all others.

If you think that classical music isn't patrician then you don't even know what it means.

I like pop and onkyo, actually. Both have their merits.

What albums are those? Curious to know them.

thats why its excluded and written as ''and''

discogs.com/Sachiko-M-Toshimaru-Nakamura-Otomo-Yoshihide-Good-Morning-Good-Night/release/525626

rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/hampus_gronvall/magenta_circuit/

discogs.com/Otomo-Yoshihide-Plays-The-Music-Of-Takeo-Yamashita/master/917188

discogs.com/Jérôme-Noetinger-eRikm-What-A-Wonderful-World/release/304987

There are boards which know less about the subject they are supposed to be discussing than Sup Forums does, such as Sup Forums and /lit/, for example.

>Sup Forums - Television
>/lit/ - Literature
>know less about the subject they are supposed to be discussing
wrong
btw Film is secondary on Sup Forums

you're both casuals that feel threatened by people with higher musical IQ
no need to be so salty

I only use Sup Forums to discover new shit I haven't heard of

Hamp is a god

as a literal fascist Sup Forums is one of the worst things to happen to right wing politics in recent memory. i actually prefer /leftypol/ a lot more even though i barely agree with less than half of the people there.
i really wish there was a separate film board desu

>Sup Forums is garbage if you're into music
Yup.
Man I fucking hating this place, Sup Forums in general, but it's at least something

i'm pretty sure there are people on Sup Forums who listen to ground zero without knowing 2/3 of the people who made GMGN were the main members of that band

otomo yoshihide is also semi-famous in japan for making the OST to a popular tv show. i saw him perform on kohaku uta gassen a few years back alongside the most popular celebrities in japan, was pretty surreal

Picture obviously unrelated.

Both Sup Forums and /lit/ have the most entry-level taste imaginable, even more so than Sup Forums

Huheuhuehue

>even more so than Sup Forums
Sup Forums literally listens to the most banal shit there is
pop lit has a hard time on /lit/

Banana Circuit >>>>> Magenta Circuit
autismdeluxe.bandcamp.com/album/banana-circuit

>Sup Forums is garbage
no shit

>as a literal fascist Sup Forums is one of the worst things to happen to right wing politics in recent memory
Why do you think so?