What happened to Lady Gaga? She was the biggest thing on earth 5 years ago

What happened to Lady Gaga? She was the biggest thing on earth 5 years ago

She plays into her own hype too much and the downfall from fame is inescapable for more artists, especially Pop.

She tried to be more than she was which just blew up on her face.

Her place was making commercial electro pop music.

She'll be back, and better than ever. OK, that whole Art Pop thing fell flat on it's face, but I think she'll more than make up for it.

(I hope OP doesn't get banned for posting pic. I know technically she's not nude cos she's wearing a thong, but who knows what goes on in the mind of the mods these days....)

>doesn't show her ass enough these days

>She'll be back, and better than ever. OK, that whole Art Pop thing fell flat on it's face, but I think she'll more than make up for it.
user, she already released an album after Art Pop. I don't blame you for never hearing about it, though. It bombed.

This. She got too involved in being political about LGBT shit, instead of just making catchy pop songs.

Post more ass

Guns n Roses was the biggest band in the world between 1989-1993. By 1994 they were gone.

Limp Bizkit was the biggest band in the world between 1999-2003. By 2004 they were gone.

Lady Gaga was the biggest singer in the world between 2009-2013. By 2014 she was gone.

Can't wait to see what's coming in just over one years time to be the next super big thing. that will be gone by 2024.

This. Although I do like her new song Cure.

>Lady Gaga was the biggest singer in the world between 2009-2013. By 2014 she was gone.

Replaced by Taylor Swift in 2014?

She was replaced by Katy Perry, who herself is on her last minute of relevancy

Even as a Gaga fan, the one after Art Pop was shit. Art Pop was a grower; it was pretty underwhelming at first, but it ultimately managed the stylistic variety of Born This Way without the awful, cringey lyrics.

>5 years ago
um.... try 8 years ago sweetie.

2010 was 7 years ago

She could totally do that style well and at least somewhat subtly (GUY, possibly Manicure) but squandered the height of popularity doing it awfully during the Born This Way era.

Marry the Night is 10/10 workout music.

>2010 was 7 years ago
MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP

If you're a fucking faggot

Her stuff with Tony Bennett is pretty good

The further she goes, the more control she had of her music, and that ended up being less popular with the general public.
She pandered towards the trends with her latest single and it ended up performing better than expected, considering she only publicly mentioned it once and never promoted it
In the current state of music, Joanne did better than ARTPOP.
Also, the current tour is more succesful tha the previous one.

>Calls album ARTPOP
>The genre isn't art pop

Tfw nobody likes Lady Gaga anymore

This.

Nobody stays on top forever despite what their rabid fanbases want to believe. Everyone has a prime/peak and it passes.

The Beatles were lucky enough to go out on top and on their own terms. First album 1963 last 1970.

MJ 1979 until the first allegations in 1993.

etc

She's still more than relevant, with the Academy Awards performances, Tony Bennet collab, Half Time show. If she manages to do things right, she will have a long career similar to someone like Barbra Streisand (who just had a Billboard 200 #1 album, lol). I mean, a strong cult following and nostalgia can do a lot, LP were in the process of a stadium tour, when Chester killed himself.

She's become a nostalgia act less than 10 years into her career. She isn't relevant to the mainstream music anymore. At least she can sing, so there will always be people who'll want to see her sing live, unlike Katy Perry.

I still think she can reinvent herself for the mainstream audience if she really wants to. I mean, buy the beats from the hottest procuder of the month and payola the radio. That was literally Rihanna's career for the first 7 years, before the contract she signed as a teen ended. The last time Gaga payola'd her single was with Applause. I used to think she's too pretentious to go easier way and will record what she wants, knowing she's rich enough already, but considering she released The Cure, I don't know anymore, maybe she delusionally thought Joanne will be bigger in the current musical landscape and now panicked, abolishing her more singer-songwriterry sound before the tour even started.

She disappeared up her own ass.

>She was the biggest thing on earth 5 years ago
>the whole world is american

Black people's music with normal music it quickly forgotten

Gaga is actually one of those pop-stars that were huge worldwide, in Asia, Europe, Latin America, Australia.

I mean, didn't Gaga just play the Superbowl and headline Coachella?
Sounds like she's still relevant to me

Moar

I wish i could disappear up her ass desu

*BRAAAAAAAAAARP*

her time has passed.
superbowl is usually the death of your career in pop stardom.
don't forget janet jackson also performed in the superbowl

remember her?
oh wait you don't.

The same thing that happens to any pop artist after the company has milked them.

Didn't the guy who created most of her costumes quit so now she has to come up with her own outrageous styles?