Ask a Buddhist anything

Ask a Buddhist anything.

whats your religion?

Why is the chinese buddah fat and thai buddah skinny? Besides that i dont know too much was going to look into sadhus. Seems kind of interesting.

How do you feel about mindful drinking?

Did you fall on your head as an infant

there are more than 1 buddah...it's state of mind not a person. Not op btw

The 'Laughing Buddha' is chubby af but other than that, the Buddha is shown normally in other depictions.

What made you choose Buddhism as your spiritual psth?

Any kind of drinking is bad in my opinion

Obviously its a state of mind. Whats up with the technical stuff? Did the fat one come threw china?

Possibly

My parents are Buddhists but as a teenager I considered myself an atheist since I knew very little about the religion. It was only when I got out of college that I actually understood what it was about- peace, tolerance and pacifism. Those messages just resonate with me somehow.

what denomination are you in

That's very interesting user, people wanting peace and pacifism is always good when almost everyday is hearing about war and violence all over.

So youre not a practicing buddihist? You don't go to the temple? Im a bit fuzzy on the other part of Buddhism, could explain it more. I thought basically you tried to be a chill dude and suffer through things and you reach the path of enlightenment. What happens at the temple?

how many dicks do you eat on average?

Theravada

Praying? Or sometimes there will be a few preachers

I'm vegetarian, I don't swallow meatsticks

'Buddha' is a title for someone who has reached enlightenment.

The "fat" Buddha is a result of syncretism between Buddhism and Chinese mythology. He is a deity in Chinese folklore but is also considered an incarnation of Maitreya, the being who will reach enlightenment in the next age/era of mankind.

In contrast to the "fat" Buddha who is an upcoming, future Buddha, the "skinny" Buddha is the historical buddha of the current age of mankind, Siddhārtha Gautama. He is the founder of Buddhism as we know it.

Why do you go early in the morning into the town and request for food? How can i look up to someone who literally everyday come to my house and show me his empty pot to be filled? Why dont you just go crops on your temple grounds or nearby? And how is it measured how much karma i have piled up? Otherwise i like buddhism and its philosophy.

What do they preach? Thats what im confused about. I think i could dig Buddhism. Every other religion starts shit and makes man kind go backwards

Do you meditate? D you have any personal tips because I'm struggling with it.

Are traps gay?

I live in Thailand and every morning i give handouts to the buddhas lined up in sandals. I am white so i feel always mentally superior to the thais. I can get inside my luxury western standards made house and have sattelite tv from all over the world. I enjoy only the finest western cuisine yet i live in a poor country like Thailand. Everyday i get a remind that i am absolutely superior to the slant eyes. And then comes you in the morning. The monk from the nearby temple and ask for food? Why are you such a burden to me?

Are you a vegetarian?

I get a boner every time I meditate, do you have any idea on how to help prevent this?

er only monks do that. They've given up on money and all things materialistic so they depend on the kindness of other people.

Buddhism, Jainism and Hinduism have the same message- peace and pacifism. To be accepting to all faiths since they all eventually lead to the truth

ding dong ur religion is wrong

What really IS a Buddhist? I'm not trolling I just don't have a clue.

Is Buddha your jesus, mohammed or Abraham or something?

Do you have a holy book?

Do you pray, and if so, who do you pray to?

What happens to you after you die according to your beliefs?

>mfw this post made the book Siddhartha make a lot more sense

Actually, I'm a Pajeet but that's cool, bro

I meditate. Well, not as much as you may think. I've got a pretty busy job so I don't have much free time

why god so crazy?

Indeed they are

Yep, ever since I was a kid

can i hire a monk to kill someone? if not how much do i have to donate for them to allow me to kill that person?

Yes, penectomy

Buddha was just a cool dude with a cool message and we choose to follow that message.

We don't really have one specific holy book but rather several texts written by Hindu and Buddhist monks.

We pray to God but our interpretation of God is different from followers of the Abrahamic faiths. We think of God as a force rather than an entity.

I can't really question the big guy. He knows what he's doing

who said you need to question him? im asking about your understanding of him.....

Probably not considering Buddhists are against violence

so hes a person or hes not a person?

Any opinions on frogs?

We think of Him as more of a force rather than an entity. Something that maintains the stability of the universe rather than a man up in the sky

How many fingers can you fit in your butthole?

The Buddha was a person, God is not

Frogs are gay

Around two, I'm pretty tight

poo in loo?

seeyea see ur just an edgy faggot who was raised Christian. you don't know shit about god poser.

not what I asked. and duh.

Hey buddhist how do you feel towards the white supremacy ubermensch? He could takeaway your whole place anytime anywhere little buddha. You just exist depending on the white mans mood. So shouldnt you pray to the white race and please them with your actions? Otherwise your town get carpetbombed steamrolled atomized within a fingersnap of the white man. How does it make you feel?

I miss back when anons were actually witty and original

Do you meditate? If so, how often?

Always right after i destroyed your moms asshole. I mediate right then when your mommy gets EMS rushed to the hospital

Oh yeah, weekends

Gtfo faggot

That was the most unfunny post I've ever read.

Summerfags

dang! now you can brag about how fucking tough you are!
I bet all the Girls on your school will touch your doodee now?