Coins

Post coins form your country.
Or foregin coins you have.

In the middle is an old Japanese coin I recently got.

Coins?
Here's my pocket change

Cool, I've always liked the design on the current Mexican series. Have you used those $20 or $100 silver coins?

Silver pesos same as gold pesos are just investments and I only have 1 silver coin
But that's it

out of curiosity... do you two feel more comfortable speaking in english as opposed to spanish because of mexican spanish vs chilean spanish differences?

I suppose besides some words we can understand each other perfectly, unless we go full slang mode

I'm not talking about ounces, but circulating coins, like the state shields series.
A friend of mine went to Cancun and got one of these as change. It seems they're being sold for more than $100 now.

The differences between other's countries Spanish in LA are like American and British English, as in just a few words.
I'm just talking in English so other Anons can understand.

solo pregunto porque he visto lo mismo con unos dos profesores de universidad, uno era de mexico, el otro de bolivia o algun pais sudamericano, se hablaban en ingles, y me parecía un poco raro

English is just easy and everyone here speaks it
Oh no, every time these kind of coins come out collectors or re sellers keep them off normal people

I have this pretty cool Mexican republic coin from 1897

150 of those and you got average pay back then

One of my coworkers is from Mexico and I'm from Spain. I have no problems speaking with him in Spanish though we both usually and literally forget about it and speak in English. It's very easy and natural to switch between languages when you are used to it.

thats pretty crazy. I like to hold it in my hand and think about all the things that have happened in mexico since then. I wonder what things may have been bought with this coin, like did a drunk guy ever buy aguardiente with it and die or something, you know

>collectors or re sellers keep them off normal people
Yeah, it's a shame. But I've seen people getting lucky and finding one in change, just like the old silver 10 Nuevos pesos coin, but much rarer.
Forgot to ask you, what was the silver coin you have?

That is a pretty nice coin. Not too rare, but wanted enough to be worth more than your average coin.
Where did you get it?

Most are from Latin America and Canada

just ebay, came in a big pile that cost 9 dollars.

Most of those are current coins, except for the Silver mexican 10 centavos and the George V one. Is that Canadian?
Could you take them all out?

Also,
>bending your banknotes
reeee

>9 dollars
It seems you already saved your buy with that coin. What else was in the big pile?

BTW here's a Slovak 50 cent coin and a German 2 euro coin. Don't have glorious Spanish euros anymore :(

Do you see mostly Slovak and German euros over there?

In like an hour if the thread is still up
Notes didn't fit extended in my tarahumara bag

It's pretty common to see euros from other countries. Here in Slovakia you can find truckloads of German and Austrian euros, as there's a lot of tourists and workers which move a lot between these countries.

In Spain it's not rare to find French, German or Italian euros due to tourism too.

what the fuck get out of my country you dumb spic

The are all of them

Don't worry, I'm only stealing jobs here for a couple of months.

1/4 Onza Plata

>spain is so shit people travel unironically to eastern europe for jobs

I think it's a Guatemalan one. What other notes do you have there?

Most of them are pretty cheap, maybe except for those cooper 1 cent

It seems German euros are everywhere. What's the rarest country you've found?

Did you bought it, or was it a gift?

Gift from aunt a few years ago

The lines represent the Baltic Sea. It says something along the lines of "A wonderful story about a country on the other side of the ocean". It's talking about Finland.

If speaking about euros, anything from Northern/Eastern countries is rare to see in Spain, I think I once saw a Finnish (?) euro.

If speaking about other coins, dunno, I have a couple of yens but japanese tourists are a plague in Europe now so they are not that rare.

They're always the best gifts. What year it was?

I've always found this coin fascinating. Aside from the design, probably one of the few related about giving independence to another country.

I have a Lithuanian friend and even he has trouble finding Estonian and Latvian euros. It's always Lithuanian and German ones.
If you ever go back to Spain, look out for Andorran Euros, probably the most rare of all.

The problem with small(ish) countries is that they either arrived late to the euro-fest or they decided to mint a small amount of coins just out of national pride, so closer countries such as Germany in those cases have a bigger presence.

I have looked it up about Andorra and it's the same thing, just a small number of them minted in Madrid and Paris. I'll snatch one of them if I visit it.

It's worse with commemorative coins, as some mints has already "reserved" most of the mintage to resellers, so collectors have to pay a fortune instead of finding it as a 2 euro coin. Recently, in Andorra and Monaco coins.

>I think it's a Guatemalan one.
The bag? I bought it from tarahumaras
>What other notes do you have there?
Brazil, Italy, Colombia, Costa Rica, Argentina, Honduras, Peru and Guatemala

I was talking about the Guatemalan banknotes. They are mostly from there?
It's a pretty nice collection, I see like 5 mexican silver coins there.
Where did you get all those?

Apologies for potato.

Neat bunch, there's even a lot of Kenyan coins. Are those from your travels?

I have a bunch of coins from different places, but I doubt any of them hold any real value. Just a couple of them here.

Ah, yes the ones at the bottom/top are from Guatemala
Most stuff there was a gift from my godfather
The Canadian stuff I got it when I went to Vancouver
I haven't really touched that bag in like 8 years, I found 500 pesos that went straight to my wallet kek
I also have an onza de plata in another place that an aunt gave me
>the George V one. Is that Canadian?
Yes, on the other side it has
>SOME FUCKING LEAVES

Looks like a small toonie.

r8 my toonies

Pretty diverse for a small collection. The Argentinian and Uruguayan ones are circulating coins, but they are not worth a lot.

I've always wanted 1 oz of pure silver, those things are huge. What year is that one?
Mexico always had circulating silver coins, so it seems it's pretty easy to find one there. I've never boutgh those kind of silver cents here because they always overprice it.
And the relatives' gifts are always the best for a collection.

What year is that one?
1994, the year of my birth :^)
>And the relatives' gifts are always the best for a collection.
They truly are

Keep them safe then, maybe you'll gift them so someone else.

Only have euro coins
0x Dutch
5x German
2x Italian
2x Belgian

>0x Dutch
Why though?

got this one in my wallet

and these ones

DM is still worth the same. 2DM ~ 1€

What does it say?

Are those in your wallet too? How rare is to find coins form Luxembourg, Latvia or Lithuania over there?

We didn't give them independence. Russia annexed them.

first one is from Saxony

I had these coins on my shoecabinet. It's not very rare to find coins from Lithuania and these German coins, but from Luxemburg it is. Also Malta, Vatican etc. is rare as fuck.

Got some from UAE recently

Also some from America, got some euro coins at parents house too but no pics

You're right. But I find a bit weird to release a coin for that event, with this kind of line on it.

Do you save them if they're rare?
>Also Malta, Vatican etc. is rare as fuck.
I've been told that. I only have pre-euro Malta coins and 2 Vatican liras.

>Do you save them if they're rare?
I saved them on my shoecabinet just for fun. Some people seriously collect them. There is some yearly unique prints which might be worth something later.

Also, they want to introduce this ugly pic related

Neat. Those 50 coins where the smaller coins there? What could you buy those 1 dirham coins?

The only neat coin I have is a 24 carat NZ half crown.

never had a lot of trouble collecting euros when I was still into it, but I live near Belgium, Germany and Luxemburg borders so coins travel fast

got this one back some days ago when I bought some bread, I was surprised to finally see one so I kept it. at first I even thought it was some bogey change the guy tried to give me

>ywn pay for a twist of liquorice with 1½d

nice, pic related are actually worth more than they are

>There is some yearly unique prints which might be worth something later.
They might. If they're in better condition, it will.

I thought that 5 Euro coin was just collectors item. They're planning to make them for regular circulation?

For being the only neat coin you have, it's worth a ton. Was it a gift?

never knew that greek one value was so high ! I had at least two or three back then

Yeah from my Granma, she has loads of coins and notes and gave me some.

Is that the rarest euro you have?

That's fantastic. Don't let anybody get too close to her collection, it seems she has some a lot of good stuff.

How's life with coins? Did you get used to them?

Never knew euros were different in each country.

How hard would it be to obtain a full collection of US states coins?

It's not that hard to get them, except for the last 6 ones about US territories (Guam, Samoa, Puerto Rico, etc) because of the low mintage. I've seen entire state quarter collections being sold for CL$35000 on facebook.

A coin can tell a lot of stories about why was used and by who. It's also a great way to see a photo of the lifestyle and culture of a certain country in a certain year. That's why I find them fascinating

Nice, will keep an eye on them if that's the case.

Where did you get all those cents?

Gifts from a relative who used to work at a hotel.

Oh yeah, that's a great way to get some foreign coins. Of course, if you're not into it, that tip will be worthless.
I'm surprised some American tourist carried some 1 dollar coins.

I really like how the danish krone has a hole in it. More interesting.
Can post bahamas money if anyone wants.

I found a 1905 penny in my register at a gas station i worked at...was interesting.

An Indian head? They are not so expensive, but pretty rare to find them in change.

I thought Bahamas used mostly US dollars because of the tourists. Please post what you have.

Actually nevermind. At different house.
Got some others like kurus, eire, belgique, and netherlands money on me though.

kurus? Turkish coins?
And how old are the Eire ones?

Turkish coins. Also fot some french franks here.
The Eires are mostly from the late 90s.

Post them if you want

>maximum size 4mb
Fug

Try to lower the resolution

Not a coin, but just got this in the mail from Mongolia today

Sent form Mongolia? And what's the stuff in behind it, with the pictures of coins?

Yep, took about two weeks to get here. The stuff behind it is just the envelope it came in

Looks interesting. Why did you bought it?

Honestly because I'm kind of a Mongolboo and I really didn't have anything else from there. I would have gotten a coin but they don't use them anymore

Did you bought it from ebay? How much it was?

Yeah. The bill itself was $1.00 but shipping was $3.99

That seems about right. Even the envelope could be worth something.

PRAISE

Yeah I'm happy with it. Also got this (not from the same seller) around the same time for $0.16

Man that was so ugly, glad we get rid of them

Nice buy. I've always wanted to buy some cheap coins or banknotes at ebay, but the shipping cost fucks me over.

That's pretty old, do you remember using them?
Do you use coins over there now, or you're sill sticking with the notes?

at least they were unique

R8

I have the Falklands bill wich is unironically rare over here, since it was made just for one occasion... And some guaranis from Paraguay, that I can't find.

> pretty old
They were in circulation from 90s until 2008 when we changed them with an actual coins (nothing pretty too).
> do you remember using them?
I remember playing with them as a kid. Som doesn't cost shit compared to dollar so we rarely use coins.

Great stuff. I had to go to the Central Bank in Buenos Aires for a uncirculated 50 pesos with Malvinas. And the 2 pesos coins for Malvinas too.

Those 1000 pesos are pretty rare now, for that year whey could be up to 2000 or 3000 pesos now.
Could you take a pic of your coins? I can see some from Jordan there.