Do you think Lana del Rey is a bad influence on young girls by turning them into hyper materialistic sluts with no...

Do you think Lana del Rey is a bad influence on young girls by turning them into hyper materialistic sluts with no values other than achieving status and money?

Other urls found in this thread:

noisey.vice.com/en_ca/article/rgn496/the-basic-bitches-guide-to-coachella-2014
youtube.com/watch?v=JrU8VGJXU68
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no, my gf likes lana del ray but doesn't buy into the image part of music.
if this isn't b8, like women are half the population, law of large numbers there's bound to be great ones

OLD HAG

What are you talking about? I don't really pay attention to this shit, does she really do these things?

Yes, she basically tells young girls to fuck their way to the top and life is all about materialistic things and to disregard morality

my goddess
why is she so perfect
hey listen to ur mom and don't spread lies ty babe

You have to view this kind of thing from an optimist's point of view. Lana is weeding out the shit tier girls, if you meet a girl and she's into her music, you can basically count her out as a potential gf completely. Probably an easy fuck but that's it. You gotta use this shit to your benefit

Girls like that are the loneliest bitches in the world. They act all superior but nobody they know gives two shits about them on any level other than superficial

>she basically tells young girls to fuck their way to the top and life is all about materialistic things and to disregard morality
What a bitch

yes

How can she not buy into the image when the image is literally all there is to her music? What the fuck does she listen for? The complex layered instrumentation and the intricate melodies?

>turning them into hyper materialistic sluts with no values other than achieving status and money?
>turning them into

She is the effect, not the cause.

I like dumb, brainless sluts that solely have the purpose of being a sex machine, you know, those with daddy problems that wear chokers, so I have no problem with Lana at all. An intelligent girl wouldn't listen to shit music like Lana del Rey so nothing of value is lost, makes for a nice balance of girls that are actually worth something and girls that are only good for a fuck or two.

This is big league thinking.

If a girl genuinely enjoys Lana she was already a lost cause long before she listened to any of her music.

they can be redeemed though
found a girl that liked Lana, now I've got her listening to tera melos, LCD soundsystem, etc.

You are not correct mate, I would appreciate if you recant that opinion

Lana del Ray isn't even a person, she's a product. You'd have to go after the writers, record companies employees/executives who are specifically designing and manufacturing this person to glorify what you've explained above
She's also got really saggy tits

This and this

Most of them are already, my brother just got through with a divorce from one that cost him 2 kids and $10+k just in lawyers. Everyone could see it a mile away, except him.

one (1) (Uno) reason why this fembot was programmed to make such shitty music

She's right

>YOU FEEL SO MANY FEELINGS. LDR is so #relatable to a basic bitch like yourself. You’re swaying back and forth with your girl friends to “Video Games” and try really hard to cry because crying during shows is deep and you really want to get on that level because BB YOU WERE BORN 2 DIE. One of your friends brings up the idea that Lana Del Rey could be fat. Is she fat? You think about this for the rest of her set.

Was she right?

noisey.vice.com/en_ca/article/rgn496/the-basic-bitches-guide-to-coachella-2014

I don't blame you for your mindset because you're just a product of your environment

She's an actress playing a character, she's said this numerous times in interviews. 13 year olds don't have critical thinking skills.

This is genius.

>Was she right?

i appreciate the general disdain coming from her but something tells me that the chick that wrote this article is as milquetoast and boring as all those girls but in a far more annoying way because she likes to think that she's "one of the guys" yet gets genuinely triggered and annoyed when guys try to treat her equally and bant with salty talk like they would with any guy.

i'd rather be trying to make a regular ditzy girl laugh then bother talking to a chick who likes to think that she can hang but really can't.

Marketers are braindead termites holy mother of fuck

>he thinks there's any significant correlation at all between intelligence and taste

Something tells me Terrance Tao isn't listening to Lana Del Rey

>hyper materialistic sluts with no values other than achieving status and money

90% of American women are like that these days, especially with feminism and SJW crap protecting them.

It doesn't take del Rey for them to do that.

>no values other than achieving status and money
>hyper materialistic
how exactly are men any different? lmao

>how exactly are men any different? lmao

they're usually the ones that need to provide it.

he probably enjoys dadrock or entry level classical

Men obtain status with hard work, women try to leech onto their success with blowjobs and manipulation?

>implying blowjobs and manipulation isn't hard work

A lot easier than the work men put in to achieve status.

She sounds like Lorde on "When the world..."

test

I want ASAP Rocky and the Weeknd to leave.

Believe what you want, but life is all about power.

>Because art is ABOUT something that means the artist endorses it.

I can appreciate her music for it's aesthetic, musically and lyrically. Doesn't mean I think having daddy issues is cool in real life.

men obtain status and wealth through hardwork while women want someone else to get it for them

No, people aren't that stupid

Yes I want a sugar daddy and my pussy tastes like cola.

Yes. You can't deny the negative effect that hedonism in pop culture has on young people (even those without daddy issues), and Lana is one of the best at romanticizing and glamorizing that kind of behavior. In the music industry at least, right now she's probably the most influential overall.

I have heard people claim that it's just a "persona" or she's actually speaking out against it and it's social commentary, but I find it hard to believe she doesn't support it fully, otherwise she'd see that it's having the opposite effect and she's actually further promoting/spreading it, and would change her persona, or at least speak out against it publicly, but she doesn't. Also, just look at all of the work she had done to her face to dramatically and obviously enhance the "beauty" of her face (unlike even, say, a simple botox operation a 40 year old gets, not necessarily to beautify herself but so she looks more like her younger self), showing where her priorities lie (the superficial).

Lana Del Rey has a degree in Philosophy

Her video Tropico is a 27-minute meditation on the impermanence of material gains and the necessity of seeking transcendent spiritual realities

Only the most superficial of observers could miss this aspect of her work

sounds like a drug dealer who goes to a school to speak out against drugs, and puts on this elaborate artsy performance as to why they're bad, but he dresses and acts really cool so all the kids actually end up liking him, and then at the end a lot of kids want to start doing drugs so they can be like him, and he even sells some weed to them in the parking lot

but dudddddeeee he like totally spoke out against drugs man, he's actually pretty deep and smart :^)

LfL fucking sucks.
Literally 1 (One) good track on the whole thing.
>not experimental like we were led to believe
>shoe-horned woe is the me the world is a bad place ):

Can confirm. Am dating a girl who was into Lana del Rey now she listens to stoner/doom metal, post-rock, classical music and reggaeton.

>daddy issues
Her dad is the reason anyone even knows her music exists.

People ITT are literally too autistic to understand LDR's sardonic persona and get so frustrated that they call her the stupid one

Lanagirls are dtf and also into Lou Reed and Leonard Cohen and Nina Simone and the Beach Boys and Phil Spector, literally nothing wrong with them at all

>d-dude, s-she actually is b-brilliant and has a 150 IQ, i-it's totally s-satire a-and she's n-not a c-corporate plant, I s-swear
>*all evidence points to the contrary*

>corporate plant
I love Sup Forums's latest buzzword. Shes literally a failure that had to go through 2 persona's until the "pseudo-retro-future-60's hippie queen" one stuck. Even though BtD was good.

Life isn't about anything you brainlet

There is no goal to life, but to die, and we are all heading there, be we poor or rich. This doesn't mean life has no meaning, it has for me personally in living in accordance with God, and other people find other philosophies, but materialism and New Age hedonism doesn't qualify there, since pleasure of flesh and power is the lowest form of achievement.

A persona that superficially appeals to degenerates is more useful for bringing them to God

Aleister Crowley worked the same way

Capitalism already does that you misogynist

yall need to stop for real tyty

That's what they're already like. That's what the vast majority of people are like.

>Taking Artist at face value

Useful for what?

And there's an in-between between degeneracy and bringing them to God

>DUDE EVERY BIMBO PLASTIC-SURGERIED-UP LIP-INJECTED AUTOTUNED-VOICE-HAVING CHILD-OF-A-RICH-FAMILY MUSIC INDUSTRY CREATION PROMOTING PROMISCUOUS SEX AND WEED SMOKING AND LACK OF MORALS DIRECTLY TO TEENAGE GIRLS ACKSHUALLY HAS A DEEPER MEANING LMAO

So are you just pretending to be retarded, too?

No, blaming her is stupid. Blame capitalism if you want something to blame (but good luck finding a different system that works)

not him but my gf listens to her because of the melancholic melodies and sadgirl feels.

I do so for the same reason,

I find her lyrics kinda cryptic, there's always a hidden code behind her lyrics. Maybe I'm reading too much between the lines.

Shes basically what what the hipster version of Beyoncé so I would have to go with a yes, she is a big faggot.

>They judge me like a picture book
>By the colors, like they forgot to read

>implying dad rock isn't a patrician genre

my gf likes music but isn't into it as much as people here, somehow that's a crime i guess.

those two bands you listed are terrible and you should feel bad for getting her into trash.

so what? many plants are people who have tried over and over and ultimately sold themselves for nickels

No plants by definition are pre-determined to succeed because they either serve a higher purpose or through nepotism you dumb faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=JrU8VGJXU68
Pretty sure she's not singing to "the millionaire".

sluta hata kvinnor

sluta hata sverige

sluta hata er själva

this thread is the most fedora shit i've seen in a long time

>fedora as an adjective
cringe