Why does New England always have to dominate in sports?

Why does New England always have to dominate in sports?

Three well run sports organizations who respect their fan's passion.

Then there's the Bruins.

>2-0 and looking great since Julien fired
>B-but Reddit said he was a good coach!

ten years is too much for any Hockey coach.

That said, he wasn't the one who traded off Seguin & Boychuk for peanuts. Only to give ass loads of money to 3rd line players.

Here is the real answer. We give a shit. More than we should. We have very passionate fan basis and if the owners are not trying to win or screwing around we make them miserable until they decide to sell the team to someone who does care.

Also the teams themselves when ownership is on board know they are watched like hawks and that we and their owners are not okay with being "competitive" we demand championships. Full stop. Any other goal is a waste of time. Owners know just selling out their stadium while going near 500 and making the playoffs every now and then does not play here. The feel the pressure to win in the office.

Also players once here find they like it (if they are competitive). We treat top tier players very good around these parts especially after they retire and not just for photo opts. Many end up working in the sports world on talk shows or open a bar and get very regular business or various other things. Even if they blow a lot of their money when they played they never suffer for work and get a atta-boy for life as long as they are good people.

For instance a guy like Kevin Faulk if he comes to Boston in a bar I doubt he would ever have to pay for a beer and he will never sniff the hall of fame but he put in good work and bought in when here.

How does this explain the Celtics? They are the definition of being competitively mediocre and it makes me sick.

Also the teams are very supportive of each other. I'm not sure if this is something unique to Boston, but I always see Blount at Celtics games, Papi cheering on the Pats, James White was at the B's game today. If you win a championship here, you're a legend and an honorary Bostonian for life.

It's a player league full of blacks. We have a bad history there. Danny Ainge is far from complacent though.

The Celtics are the 2 seed, have a young team that is still improving, will have cap space for a max free agent this summer, and probably top 3 picks in the next 2 drafts. Doesn't sound mediocre to me

Cause basketball is a sport about getting that one top player and that is hard to do. Either you draft him or trade for him but most teams with a top player will never trade him. Also even when they hit free agency top players hate to come here cause it is a "white mans town" and cold and not a party city like one in Miami/Cali or even NY.

Horford?

cavs are very overrated, celtics could get to the finals, but they'll be blown out by the warriors or spurs if they get there

Neely needs to fucking go. The other teams have it together.

Except they were irrelevant in everything but basketball for decades

New England is the best boarding region of the United States but they are also the strongest economic region. Boston has the top universities and hospitals in the world

JUST give up already

Red Sox were just a trash talking Cubs.

THIS is the state who DomiNateS....

>do your research.

When I was a little kid, New York always dominated in sports. This is payback.

>yup

All Boston fans, and, for that matter, all people from Boston are assholes.Seriously, a bunch of alcoholic, insecure, inferiority-complex, crypto-racist, self-styled "blue collar", self-regarding "underdog" morons.What they lack in brains, creativity or numbers they more than make up for in volume and insanely blind allegiance to the most overrated small market in sports.If New York or, to a lesser extent, Los Angeles were wiped off the face of the map, what would Boston fans do? They would have no earthly reason to go on, as they thrive on the antipathy they feel toward their perceived betters. If Boston suddenly disappeared, NYC and LA would still have plenty to work on. The "rivalries" that Boston fans have fostered have always had a passion gap, because they've always meant more to the Bostonians then they did to anybody else. Sort of like a drunk short guy in a bar picking fights with anybody over 6'2".And furthermore, Boston is actually kind of a shitty town after you've seen all the historical relics/ruins from way back when it was a relevant city. For my money, it's a poor man's Philadelphia, and it's tough to stomach either of those places after you've spent any real time in New York.Not to malign New England. Beautiful part of the country. But Boston, specifically, blows.

>It was Claude's fault that the FO utterly destroyed the roster and fucked the cap up

Although Julien had to go because the lockerroom quit on him, it was by no means his fault.

I wish people who took Felger's opinions seriously would just kill themselves.

>I wish people who took Felger's opinions seriously would just kill themselves.
trips of truth.
>They actually agreed that trading bergeron should be a thing.