Catholic Kino

This is Catholic kino thread. You can post, rate, recommend and discuss the very best in Catholic cinema. All denominations welcome. C&E, Ex-/former Catholics also welcome. Dirty Protestants pls go. You are not allowed.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican's_list_of_films
youtube.com/watch?v=ERupB-de2do
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kubrick, though Jewish, provided some of the best Catholic cinema. Clockwork Orange is overtly Catholic. And pic related less overtly.

The Man Without A Face was pure apologia for the Catholic molestation system.

Why did Roy kill him

jews and their servants not welcome

when you want Hollywood, Leftist, and Rabbinical molestation to stop then I'll consider what you have to say on the subject.

cause he got raped by a priest duh
so in his mind all priests = rapists

>tfw a Communist Atheist Homosexual makes the GOAT catholic cinema

Gay excuse. Fuck him. Hope he gets raped again in prison.

That aside, can anyone explain why MEL GIBSON edited the film he directed, THE MAN WITHOUT A FACE, to make the pedophile's guilt ambiguous when he's clearly guilty in the original script and also in the book?

No one ever talks about this and it's really weird and disturbing. Any straightforward answers please?

this was better

Has anyone seen this? Is it any good?

>May 2017
>has anyone seen this

Wut

>a little coming-of-age story
-Mel Gibson, in 2016, describing a film where he edited the pedophile's guilt out of the original screenplay, as it existed in the original book

What's with this?

Is "Last Temptation" just good as a movie or good in terms of religious value as well? It's always weird for me to see Jesus played by some guy on screen.

a cute. A CUTE

it's not as good as The Last Temptation of Christ

Scorsese is a more artistic and blasphemous, but i can see in him someone finding their way back to the church.

The Passion is well intentioned, but it has the artistic quality of a mexican black velvet painting.

Last Temptation is the only version of the Passion worth its salt in film form. It's the only Jesus movie interested in the psychology of Jesus as a person and it makes all the difference.

>this absolute catholikino not being the first reply
say 5 hail marys in penance

Usually saying how much better your movie is than another movie on the poster is a bad sign.

The Man Without a Face

usually the people who decide what goes on the DVD box 20 years later had nothing to do with the film

Fuck you, I liked it: Catholic edition

The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc

Bump my own thread

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican's_list_of_films

Not even Catholic, but damn do they have some excellent taste in film. They even gave Tarkovsky a big grant for Solaris for being "spiritual" in nature. They know what's up

Catholic Church being based as usual.

Why is Cool Hand Luke not on the list, padre?

I always find it amazing how a liberal like (((Paul Newman))) could be in so many great movies that promote Christian values so subversively.

Is that actually a Catholic film?

Will Martin Scorsese's Japan fever flick be good

Fellow Catholic master race reporting in.

The biblical epics from the 50's and 60's deserve a mention as well.

Catholic/Orthodox churches v Protestantism

i want to watch this, should i go with 205-minute version or "oryginal" 186?

youtube.com/watch?v=ERupB-de2do

HAHAHAHAHA

America was such a fucking mistake...

Still to this day I think the old man was right. People should stop laughing of everything.

where is the mission

>2016
>being a Benedictine cuck
>not a Franciscan ubermensch

Benedict was truly the first nu-male

It's weird, because I believe old American Protestantism and Mormonism has potential for great cinema due to it's fundamental spirituality.

We see snippets of it in films like Oh Brother Where Art Thou, or The Witch, but it's never quite realised. Instead you get amateur directors who can't fully translate their belief into something visually stunning on screen

>Gibson has expressed dislike for the book because of its implied sexual contact between McLeod and Chuck: "I read the script first and that's what I liked. The book is just – I'm sorry, but the guy did it. And you know, like, why? I just wanted to say something a lot more positive."

There's your answer.

Yea, this is definitely representative of American cinema. Totally. Cinema is one genre and that image macro isn't biased or guilty of cherry picking at all.

>Not being a badass Jesuit infiltrating the higher echelons of every world government to mastermind the direction of global society

Pleb taste.