Why don't we end univesity and public school funded by government?

Why don't we end univesity and public school funded by government?

go full free market in education

How are they going to indoctrinate the masses if they go free market? Dont fool yourself, the gov knows what they are doing.

all the academics could either do real research at private think tank getting 0 tax money OR learn to produce something useful

ITT: Conservative retards living in la la land.

doesnt america do this already?

For profit education is a bad thing

Why?

is this what 12 year olds say when they think they know something about the world or what?

what the fuck kind of dumb fucking thread is this anyways

you don't even know what a think tank is if you think it's a place where "academics" do "research" you fucking monkey. they're policy consulting firms

Countries that do that have literally the worst education.

>types like a nigger
>reddit spacing
Fuck off, retard.

Are you sure when the Mormons buy up 1/4 of the education system that people still won't be indoctrinated?
hmmmm

Because you end up wirh a bunch of schools that charge exorbitant ampunts for worthless degrees like university of Phoenix, Liberty University, and Trump University.

Don't people who make poor decisions as consumers deserve what they get?

ooooooooo harsh words, shut up cunt

Wait, when did we start hating Mormons?

You're IP #10 to enter this thread. He was IP 6. Wasn't daddy around to teach you whiteknighting for another man is gay and unacceptable?

>thinking you have to stick up for other people because you type like human garbage too

Because pic related and for anyone else that believes in this hilariously stupid political philosophy built on social Darwinism and a revist to Serfdom.

Nice deflection. You could use whatever "GOOD OLE CHRISTIAN" religion you want. Also yes, it is fact that the mormons have a strong influence and interest in private schools, just like the catholics did and still do.

To some degree yes, but that doesn't mean that we should leave them defenseless against institutions that deliberately prey on them like Phoenix, Liberty, and Trump University.

>my position relies on memes and the idea that some people aren't meant to be morlocks
Shut up, hippy.

No the scary part is that they do know that is what libertarian right leads to. They WANT survival of the fittest. They WANT a God Emperor. They want Carls Junior to own everything and make all the tough decisions for us... Because they ultimately believe a rich person can't possibly be a bad person, or make bad decisions.
They are the biggest cucks of all.

No.

what?
so tax parasite educaton is good?
but not willing participant school
profits are GOOD

you sound like you have commy programming

profits make usa no1 and most moral country ever who ended slavery

nah its what tax parasites like u react as cuz u hate cuz hong kong chile sweden usa singapore japan china proved them wrong

Because it works if you do it right. And by "do it right" I mean do it like pretty much any civilized country in the world *except* US. Grew up in a country where public education is actually more prestigious than private education (only retards that can't pass public school entry exams go to private schools). Now I work in a large tech company and make over a quarter of million per year. While it's certainly *possible* to accomplish the same without any formal education, I probably wouldn't accomplish it without.

Free public access to the internet exists. They aren't defenseless. Them failing to do their research into the product is their problem.

Dumb person detected. Confirmed by reddit spacing.

you forget that someone has to willing buy the education product in a free market

shit for brains

Since the core concept that in libertarianism that all people are born equal and free, the notion defeats itself in so far that it also states that not everyone starts equal or free.

Plus, positive rights versus negative rights.

I wasn't deflecting, it was a "wait what?" in its truest form.

Anyway, you're a dumb shit.

Education (in the US) was built from one-room schoolhouses. It started with small, independent systems and through that it became very strong and effective. The problem is that the more centralized it's become, the decline in education has started to take hold and the response has been more national standards, which do not work.

If you have a valid argument for keeping public education structured the way it is, let's hear it. But if your only argument is "well, x group that I'm scared of is the reason we can't do that" without actually indicating valid points then really all you're doing is being a fucking bigot and shill. I will gladly rescind those accusations upon presentation of specific issues.

and for thsoe who have

because history shows capitalism is best

democracy aka usa 1900s is endless debt war and small tek progress

1800s capitalism clearly way to go
gov spending 1% GDP and 50% gwoth a year while ending slavery and child labor

>the core concept that in libertarianism that all people are born equal
Equal opportunity isn't the same as being born equal.

free education is way better.
That way even someone from a farmer family could become the first man to be in space :~)
And well, countries like Estonia and Finland (and basically the rest of Europe too) are laughing about the shitty education the US provides

Why don't you ask your boss how highly respected a University of Phoenix degree is.

How about we stop funneling money into private prisons while were at it, we could almost double the budget of schools that way. Specially in the southwest where for-profit prisons are just filling up with illegals. They are costing us more tax than if we just let them go to public school.

Maybe we should make kids work for everything from birth? Maybe we could get those freeloading embryos in the womb to do some work for their lodgings? Deadbeats.

is this a democrat video game?

capitalists want free trade

meaning you have to choose to buy it

meaning shitty stuff lie our current legal med and school go away

to be replaced by awesome shit like wal mart

imagine if going to school or lawyer like wal mart

democrats have such endless mythology to block the real cure for all problem
capitalism

free market education you mean

I mean just look at government education

Yeah.. my point being you can choose the catholic private school or the mormon one.

The US provides 12 years of free education. Part of being an adult is being independent and making your own way in the world. People from nanny states don't seem to grasp this because they were never expected to act like independent adults.

They can laugh all they want, we run the planet they live on.

That was the 1900's for child labour, dumb dumb.

1800's capitalism was marked by the infamous concrete jungle era of the industrial age AND an even greater disproportionate range of the rich and poor.

Also, an unregulated market always fails.

See "Somalia" and 'microeconomics" for more details.

Great idea if your goal is a dumber, less skilled population

>If you have a valid argument for keeping public education structured the way it is, let's hear it.
All children across the country need to be provided an education held to a standard, so that a kid from Alabama doesn't get a high school degree with hopes of going to a prestigious university across the country (as many wish to do) only to be told that his high school degree is worthless because he comes from an insignificant backwater.

free market tends to grow the same way wealth always does, pyramid that bische

We're honestly headed that way right now. Moving funds for public schools to private ones is pretty much the entire stated goal for the current head of education and is probably THE reason they funded the campaign so much to get the job.

Well, government funded education wasn't bad during the Soviet Union and still isn't in a lot of those countries.
Also pretty good in the south of Germany.

Why would free market education do anything at all? Just have a competent government :~)

>:~)
You're not on facebook right now, fag.

regulated school is not free market

in free marekt pick any school you want ro beter yet open one!

I know you libertarians are all terrified of common core (decades of research in the field of education) but no, the argument against that is laid upon you. What is your argument for going against research in the education field?

Because that's fucking stupid you over privileged libertarian shit for brains.

You made an ideological claim and gave absolutely no supporting logic, the only idiot is you.

There's a reason we say time is money.

1800s took usa from woods to no1
somalia is in africa
and is not capitalist

stop reading morons liek pieketty and krugman

youtube yaron brook

you are miseducated

capitalism begins with property rights, free trade, no violence agaisnt individuall, and low gov spending, no regulation

demoracy is evil mob rule, which is what somalia is
gang warfar no property or individual rights

property is civilization

i don't even have facebook, so stfu :~)

Put together a coherent sentence and I might be able to help you...
So what is your proposed cure?
You keep acting like throwing money at a problem fixes it. The current system is based on decades of research in education. Yeah sure theres probably propaganda in there... what guarantee do we have that wouldn't EVER happen anyway? Smart people will always figure it out...

>i shouldn't be held accountable for my mistakes!
Go eat your tendies, retard.

sure it was

anything gov does is bad

because its 30x normal cost and 1/100th as good

look at roads n public schools in usa

>:~)
You're not on facebook right now, fag. Whether you have one or not is irrelevant.

privileged to listen to your silly words?

I think you need to look up the word.

:~)

>manbabby
>reddit spacer
It's all becoming clear.

absolutely

regulations make prices up an quality down

everything government does aside from defense and blocking violence to ward individual is a negative

why do desktop computer go down in price but house up?

>it's a "non-native english speaker communicates through memes because he for some reason thinks people on an american website want to talk to him" episode

no one needs your help
idea is to stop tax money to it
free market would quickly do better
you are not smart
end all tax money to university and school
end regulation
let voluntary school be unmolested by idiots known as academics

>>meaning you have to choose to buy it

You'll die if you don't eat
You'll die if your water is polluted by companies with more money than you who can afford it
You'll die if the train company charges you 3 times as much to move your goods to the market than your competitor

Hence capitalism is fucking bullshit in a lot of ways and the capitalists should be killed if society doesn't extend basic fairness to the individual at the expense of "capitalism."

are you seriously being autistic about someone posting ":~)"?
You really have no other problems, do you?

The fact that you are very clearly poorly educated leads me to believe that ypur opinions on education can be dismissed without a second though. I bet you were homeschooled.

Welcome to my website.

Some things aren't meant to be a free market. There already are private schools, and some of the most privileged affluent children get to attend them. The problem is what to do with the other 99% of the people. How many of them would even pay to go to school? Graduation would plummet

>my prejudice means your position isn't worth listening too
So rational.

I've seen retarded shit on here, but people complaining about smileys is just silly, even for this site

Yes... thats a great idea. Let education plummet into the fucking ground. I see your guys motive now... Idiots are pretty easy to rule

Try toning down that reddit spacing, so one can actually read your posts.

no you live in fantasy world

and ro deny the 1800s and hong kong singapore sweden chian recently

this is democrat fantasy

free markets mean you make money by satisfying needs of the masses BETTER than all the others competeing

no regulations remember

and if someoen does well they GROW fast and spread since they WINNING

IM NOT TIED OF WINNING YET!!!

look at all the fod now, this is under democracy !! 1900s endelss war debt slwo tek advance

capitalism would fly forward tek advnace

capitalism is only just fair and moral system

democracy is pure evil commmunism

you bleating bullshti jsut shows how dumb you are and you lack historical truth

you are a democrat dupe and probably poor and will stay poor
or a tax parasite yourself

cronyism is a feature of democracy not capitalism

lower gov spending and get rid of reuglation and nothing to buy off

Lmao, how new are you?

>funded by government?
> =
>funded by the taxpayer

you are getting educated by me
you have no education or you would already be bigtime objectivist capitalist like me
academics and other tax parasites hate truth
I bet you are a tax parasite and poor.
youtube yaron brook
break out of that democrat mythology

Umm guy? Even Trump and miss for-profit schools Devos are NOT against tax to school... You are getting this wrong.
Its a tax credit or a voucher system to "pick" a school.
Completely removing the tax portion of school would end school.

not new at all, been around for like 6-7 years

You didn't bother supporting any of your points against him.

>>no one needs your help
Some people obviously do.

>>idea is to stop tax money to it
That's your stupid idea.

>>free market would quickly do better
Then why hasn't it?

>>you are not smart
I don't know how smart he is, but your points are fucking stupid and unsupported.

>>end all tax money to university and school
No?

>>end regulation
No. Academia has standards. Truth is not something obtained without rigorous investigation.

>>let voluntary school be unmolested by idiots known as academics
You're a fucking idiot.

I think you confuse private school under government regulation high price

with free market education

capitalism makes everything plentiful and cheap and fast
and advances tehcnology at blinding speed
rememeber no regualtion with capitalism
next best thing can obsolete everything being done today

It's also just a way to reduce funds for education for the poor and transfer them to the rich.

You see the idea is generally that people would get a government voucher for education at a private school instead of guaranteed education at public schools. The trick comes when that voucher alone isn't actually enough to pay for education entirely, so those that can't afford to pay extra can't really use the voucher and don't really get/benefit from any of those education funds, while those that are wealthier and could afford education anyway can simply use the voucher to pay less and maintain their wealth or go to an even better school.
This is all also magnified by factors of availability. If there's only one poor school to serve a poor area then a loss of funds could make the difference in them having to close and remove that only option. Some actually try to use such poor schools as examples of why vouchers would be better, that those poor children deserve better education than the poorly funded public schools and should be able to choose better schools. But then that goes back to what I said above, that the voucher often is not enough to afford those better schools, especially considering factors such as poor families being less able to travel to get to the better private schools that are supposed to replace their poor local public schools. It's also a self-feeding problem with what I mentioning about how a loss in funds is much more likely to completely shut down those poor schools compared to wealthier private schools that can absorb the cost, further reducing education availability for the poor and leaving their unspent share of education to be redirected to the wealthy.

>free markets mean you make money by satisfying needs of the masses BETTER than all the others competeing
That doesn't mean it's the best way to satisfy those needs. Especially if the 'product' has a moral kind of component or has a longterm benefit, but no shortterm.
See: education, health, military, infrastructure.

because then our education would become pay2win

The poorest people would receive little to no education, leading to low paying and/or low skilled jobs. The richest would be able to go to the best schools where they would go on to meet and connect with other rich and powerful individuals that they can rely on to secure jobs and favors from in future life. Oh and learn things I guess.

The net result would be education for the elites and a gradual decline of literacy rates for the poorest and most vulnerable sectors of society potentially leading to increased crime rates and a drastic polarization of society between the haves and the have nots.

Not that this isn't what's already happening in america or anything of course. Things here are going just great.

free market would make education soar to the sky

end government controlled school yes
thats a good thing
Trump is better than alternatives
but real free markets would be of course 10,000x better

If saying it would only make it so.

>>free markets mean you make money by satisfying needs of the masses BETTER than all the others competeing

No it doesn't. There is absolutely nothing requiring the free market to service the masses. The free market is perfectly happy to let the masses die off.

It also gets worse, if you have no or weak competition. You can deliver a bad product or be lazy and still get your profit. Which leads to the exact state that communism in the eastern states lead to.

Back in the days before the reddit invasion and cancerous mobileposters, everyone would've called out an emoticon posting toddler.

Im not going to disagree that there should be a private option. There already is, and it does work if you can afford it.

Im saying that is the JOB of the government. To provide for underprivileged families.

The only real question is how to do it.. if you are saying the government funded research is all trash, how do you think it will get fixed without any funding?

Yes, because dead people are known spend a lot on consumer goods and services

"In this sense, the theory of the Communists may be summed up in the single sentence: Abolition of private property(Capitalism) - Communist Manifesto

"Abolition of the family! Even the most radical flare up at this infamous proposal of the Communists. " - Communist Manifesto

this
It's more of a meme than serious complaining though, like a first sign to call out newfags. Also even now emoticons get used mostly ironically on here.

Dead people can't kill and take your money either, or compete.

well beacuse the free market has been regulated of course

no you are stupid

obvious? what? no one wants your help, its quite presuptutous of you to think so, but hey government thinks that way too!!
and justifies foring its destructive help on all! you sound like a real tax parasite!

smart is pro free market and productive and fit
end all tax money to school / university
yes!
academia are tax parasites
if they are so smart let them sell their genius on free market!
those who can do, and those who can't teach, at least under the evil of democracy, which is bad
the doer should be the teacher

no you are a fucking idiot
now get back to moms basement and wathc reruns of the daily shoa u fucking jew

all my points stand by themselves

you made no arguments
just inane insults
you are a school teacher? right? or other tax parasite? lol

because not all information is equal. im not too fond of the idea that parents have the right to fuck over their child's prospects in life by sending them to some "alternative facts" school

>so tax parasite educaton is good?
yes. there are very few things i unambiguously support my tax dollars going to, and education is one of them
>you sound like you have commy programming
if only you knew how ridiculous you sound

>history shows capitalism is best
history shows the particular expressions we have seen of capitalism have been more successful that the particular expressions we have seen of communism.

tl;dr this shit aint simple. protip for life in general: if something seems simple and obvious but it is controversial, you're probably ignorant about it

opposite

right now tax payers are looted to give to stupid people who work at schools
people going to schools get shit product

Just out of curiosity, from what prestigious institution of higher learning did you graduate from?

Not everyone who replies to you is the person you're talking to, champ.

>Some people obviously do.
Those people are meant to fail.
>That's your stupid idea.
Not an argument
>Then why hasn't it?
Is it the current system?
>I don't know how smart he is, but your points are fucking stupid and unsupported.
Looking like hypocrisy so far.
>No?
Not an argument.
>No. Academia has standards. Truth is not something obtained without rigorous investigation.
Results are a standard of a product. If the product is inferior, no one buys it other than fools who deserve what they get. Your second sentence isn't applicable only to free education.
>You're a fucking idiot.
So rational.