What did he mean by this?

what did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

vulture.com/2017/07/trent-reznor-nine-inch-nails.html
businessinsider.com/trent-reznor-on-tech-changing-music-industry-spotify-apple-music-2017-7?IR=T
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think he might possibly be sad

he can't seem to wake up

An important idea blown completely out of proportion

hell be fine

>I don’t think what we were tapping into was at all similar to the absurdity of whatever Gamergate represents, if that’s what you’re suggesting.

nice

>I’ve had many agent types over the years say, “EDM is the future.” No, it’s not. It’s fucking not. I understand why people like it, and if I were 18, I’d love to be listening to it in the Sahara TentAn all-day (and most-of-the-night) dance party at Southern California’s Coachella music festival, where attendees go for intense doses of bass drops and hedonism. at Coachella, high out of my fucking mind. But it’s not speaking to me at a level that I think has staying power. I’m saying this judgmentally: EDM has certainly changed pop music and is an interesting flavor, but I don’t think anyone’s going to be listening to it in ten years and saying, “What a fucking great song that beat was.” I know saying that is opening me up for criticism.

damn

are these real

Yes

vulture.com/2017/07/trent-reznor-nine-inch-nails.html

trent reznor gamergate

trents lost in the mainstream bubble it seems

he isn't wrong

why can't trent have a talk radio show

I will just post all interesting/fun qoutes from this interview

>I sort of think I was kind of a trailblazer when it comes to getting trolled,Reznor was an early and enthusiastic tweeter. He deleted his account in 2009, citing his frustration with trolls. He’s since reactivated, though in more polite fashion. so I’m very familiar with the rage that seems to fuel the Trump voter or the angry internet commenter. When we first started off, our interaction with our audience would be someone recognizing you at a record store and saying, “I’m not a fan, but my so-and-so is.” Okay, fuck you.

> I appreciate what Radiohead has been doing the last few years. You’re not saturated with stories about them. They’re not in the press constantly talking about stuff. They create an aura that makes you more interested in what they’re doing. That’s a good position to be in versus what I’m doing right now, which I’m sure is ruining people’s impression of me.

>Another problem is that it’s too easy to listen to the opinion of the anonymous basement-dweller, and that’s bad for art. Criticism hurts. Hearing someone say that you’re a piece of shit or that the song you’re insecure about sucks is harmful. And I have a hard time unhearing that stuff, so I really had to learn not pay attention. When I did Pretty Hate MachineNine Inch Nails’$2 1989 debut album combined industrial grit, confessional lyrics, and synth-pop catchiness. It position Reznor for the mass audience breakthrough of The Downward Spiral. , I didn’t think anybody was going to hear it. Then suddenly it was, “Hey, X amount of people bought your record and it’s time to write a new one.” And you’re thinking, I wonder what they liked about that other record I made? What if I want to take a detour into free jazz? How is that going to go over? When you’re not thinking about the audience, you can make more pure art.

>tfw you're a millennial and you say half the shit this guy says about not getting current culture

wtf am i an old man

yeah but i wish he would take a look at the underground more. instead of repeating what everybody says about the mainstream already.

I mean you're on Sup Forums, the #1 place to hate on mainstream popular culture and "normies", it's easy to get absorbed into this. Sup Forums is one of the least cancerous boards however

its also one of the worst boards also.

not true

>implying there's a single board that is good

very true.

see dg, grimes and kpop threads. nothing regarding non-pop music gets talked around much here.

can't even keep a healthy musique concrete thread. because you tards rather repeat the 100th hip hop or indie thread.

normies are disgusting though

Still not true, look at boards like
>/mlp/
>Sup Forums
>Sup Forums
>Sup Forums
>Sup Forums

Discussion happen here than on any other board

Sup Forums is in that list of shitty boards
keep it up kid.

not him but no, its really not
Sup Forums sucks a lot but those boards are absolute trash
same with /lgbt/

no Sup Forums is exactly trash just like them.
i know how hard it is for your ego to realize you belong to a trash board. but its time to hear the truth

So what are the "no thrash" boards then?
I've been to all of these board (yes, even /mlp/)

And it's not just what they discuss, it's how, they are incredibly cancerous and are just throwing shit at each other calling every single thing shit, in Sup Forums people do get excited over records and do give genuine criticism, sure you have cunts there and there who call everything shit but it seems fairly well balanced compared to these listed.

>I've been to all of these board (yes, even /mlp/)
welp it makes sense why you think Sup Forums isn't shit.
sorry for your health.

I don't even browse this board regularly. I just think more actual discussions and somewhat relevant topics are more frequent
Those boards provide zero decent content and that makes Sup Forums better by default
still a shit board tho

They don't even discuss their autistic show in /mlp/, it's literally just shitty green text stories with their memes all oveer the board while calling the show their board is made around shit.

yeah man some decent content is here all the time!

can't forget how boss man joji is doing am i right!

believe it or not, still more unique content than Sup Forums, Sup Forums, /mlp/.
No one is saying Sup Forums isnt shit, its just cleaner, less smelly, more aesthetically pleasing shit

you keep referencing the shittest boards on the site. and im telling you Sup Forums is part of the shittest of the shit.

still have not showed me any proof of Sup Forums not being shit.

Let's see
>bleep general
>A thread discussion about rare song people own
>KPOP thread seperated into its own general
>A discussion about shitposting artist
>Soundcloud
>Discussion about another artist
>Dicussion about instruments
>A thread about anons describing how normies describe music
>too lazy to look
>Shitpost
>Shitpost
>Meme thread
>Meme thread
It's pretty okay, go to /mlp/ or Sup Forums and compare.

You didn't give us any examples of good boards.
Sup Forums would be at least in "good" category or so.

I watch that show and I like it, but /mlp/ is an awful board.

i've been here a while, i already know how this argument is going to end
you will rationalize whatever shit thread exists on Sup Forums right now and claim it is better than Sup Forums because kpop, a filterable, contained general, exists. people post their own content here, or new albums, shit, fucking sharethreads exist. you don't check out other boards if you seriously think Sup Forums is the worst one. Sup Forums is just fap threads, same with /mlp/. /r9k/ is crying beta males for fucks sake. youre telling me a soundcloud thread, or a thread about a classic album or something is worse than a congregation of men crying that they dont get laid?

Trump curse

I'd cry if Trent died

>you will rationalize whatever shit thread exists on Sup Forums
can you not read.
i said Sup Forums and the rest are garbage also.

sick argument. how about if I say it is on the same level as Sup Forums content? would you regard the rest of my argument?

>You didn't give us any examples of good boards.
/out/
/diy/
/ic/
/p/

you missed my argument which was Sup Forums is shit like the rest of those boards you mentioned.
pls keep up my man.

and I said it's better, and gave examples as to why it is better. sharethreads and original music content is more valuable and entertaining than any of the shit the other boards put out.

What's with everyone getting asked about Trump by the media.
It's like their go to question.

>sharethreads and original music content
sure

got it, you got no argument

maybe youre right, with teenagers like you on this board, it may be one of the worst

I'd cry with you.
It's gonna happen one day and we are going to see it, he will die in our life time.
I just hope it won't be soon, but songs off like "Hesitation MArks" like "While I'm Still Here" make me little worried, probably not suicide, but ever since I heard that track I was scared Trent had some kind of ilness that would shorten his life span due to how much he fucked up his body in his young years.

Hopefully not.

>with teenagers like you on this board, it may be one of the worst
glad we agree. shit board just like Sup Forums

only Sup Forums and /mlp/ are even comparable in their shittiness to Sup Forums.

nope Sup Forums is just like it.
you said so yourself

I'm not the same user, he did not mean to "agree" with you, he just meant to tell you to fuck off.

if Sup Forums was so great why would he tell a long time poster to fuck off?

checkmate

>Muh gord emperror

Bunch of cancerous fags.

Trent is not Brian

[email protected]

Big Business Reznor
businessinsider.com/trent-reznor-on-tech-changing-music-industry-spotify-apple-music-2017-7?IR=T

>I don’t think what we were tapping into was at all similar to the absurdity of whatever Gamergate represents, if that’s what you’re suggesting.

>don't know what it represents, just that it's bad

lol what a fag

He's 50-something and a former heroin addict

>lists boards that get 5 posts every 6 hours

rly makes you think.....

what's with all the dandruff?

But there's a shitload here, and it's all bollocks.

He's a busy man

To all the people who say Sup Forums is shit, why are you here? Don't you have better things to do than post on a site you think is garbage. Kinda pathetic desu.

summerfag

It's just a routine t b h