TOR:Blue Jays finalize deal with RP Joe Smith
MIN:Perkins experiencing more shoulder issues
MIN:Byung Ho Park clears waivers, still with MIN
NYM:Thor says he has put on 17 lbs this offseason
BAL:Twins have 'talked about' 1B/DH Pedro Alvarez
MIA:Phelps wins arb case vs. Marlins, gets $4.6M
ATL:Braves void Jordan Walden's minors contract

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/trends/explore?date=2016-04-03 2016-10-02&q=/m/02pmtyc,Adam Eaton,/m/04qgz5,/m/06zqn6y,/m/06b2gb
google.com/trends/explore?date=2016-04-03 2016-10-02&q=/m/0808_gk,/m/0j2s68j,/m/02x3pmp,/m/03hjqd7,/m/04ghg9g
google.com/trends/explore?date=2016-04-03 2016-10-02&q=/m/0hhv_9w,/m/0hhqzhp,/m/09q5m1,/m/0cp0s6v,/m/02rmvxr
google.com/trends/explore?date=2016-04-03 2016-10-03&q=/m/010xc9sj,/m/0ch4jbs,/m/0j255pl,/m/0wyyll_,/m/0465_8y
google.com/trends/explore?date=2016-04-03 2016-10-02&q=/m/0b__9xk,/m/0gh774w,/m/07rzvd,/m/0479p_z,/m/0jwvcry
baseball-reference.com/boxes/NYN/NYN200306060.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You are now manually breathing.

>Source: Sean Rodriguez to undergo surgery on left shoulder next week due to car accident. One reason #Braves pursuing Phillips.

>Source corrects: Surgery for Sean Rodriguez is NOT minor. Expected to be out 3 to 5 months.

How's my nigga Ventura gonna do this year Royalsfags?

gonna post a solid 0.00 ERA

Injuns desu

>no baseball for 2 weeks
>It'll have an empty feeling because both spring training and the WBC will be pretty much exhibitions without the full arsenal giving their full effort

Mariners!

>SEA:Dodgers agree to deal with Franklin Gutierrez

>Guti to doyers
ok

treat him well you cali cunts

Who's up

Officially Pitchers and Catchers report day!

me and my dick

Good for you bro

you wanna help me put him back down?

1st for Votto winning batting title

Mets

Ain't going no where with Bruce playing RF

This season the Rockies are above .500

Cap it.

no

Please don't shit on my dreams that I know aren't going to happen.

im gonna and you cant stop me
Rockies win 70 games
cap it

come to coors field and say that shit to my face fucker. i'll be the drunk guy upset about everything

>i'll be the drunk guy upset about everything
cool
ill be the guy wearing a shirt. look for me

What if Joe Blanton never threw that meatball to Miguel Montero?

heh, nothing personal kid... but you're finished
*teleports and vomits behind you, making you change seats*

did you think you were on Sup Forums?

Ok I've been doing some comparisons of players with comparable WAR from the past season, and how prevalent their name is on the internet. This is to get an idea of who are the most underrated players today. Of course there are way more variables to consider and I did not do a complete run down, but this does give a good idea.

I limited the search range to the span of the regular season so that post season accomplishments didn't factor in. Also, I excluded anyone who might skew the results such as David Ortiz and Jose Fernandez for obvious reasons. That isn't to say I included everyone I should have. There is a limit to the search comparisons in google trends but I opted to pick names I felt would make interesting comparisons.

I thought the lack of Porcello was interesting considering he ended up with the Cy Young (though not without controversy). Also, Jose Ramirez, Brian Dozier, and Cesar Hernandez look to be some of the most underrated names last year. (Of course Ramirez is probably a different story if you take into account the post season)

I have them grouped by WAR in increments of 0.5

>6.0-6.5
google.com/trends/explore?date=2016-04-03 2016-10-02&q=/m/02pmtyc,Adam Eaton,/m/04qgz5,/m/06zqn6y,/m/06b2gb

>5.5-6.0
google.com/trends/explore?date=2016-04-03 2016-10-02&q=/m/0808_gk,/m/0j2s68j,/m/02x3pmp,/m/03hjqd7,/m/04ghg9g

>5.0-5.5
google.com/trends/explore?date=2016-04-03 2016-10-02&q=/m/0hhv_9w,/m/0hhqzhp,/m/09q5m1,/m/0cp0s6v,/m/02rmvxr

>4.5-5.0
google.com/trends/explore?date=2016-04-03 2016-10-03&q=/m/010xc9sj,/m/0ch4jbs,/m/0j255pl,/m/0wyyll_,/m/0465_8y

>4.0-4.5
google.com/trends/explore?date=2016-04-03 2016-10-02&q=/m/0b__9xk,/m/0gh774w,/m/07rzvd,/m/0479p_z,/m/0jwvcry

probably a better record SF not even a question.
if arizona gets goldy and pollock to full form and greinke and the rest of the pitching are even at 80% potential they'll likely make the playoffs.

i thought it was saturday and im here with you guys instead of out having fun

no
dodgers will win the division then get swept
no other nl west team will be within 5 games of a wild card

if the doyers get their pitching together and have their rotation healthy in october its another NLCS appearance.They're the deepest team in baseball. SF is done thought, it'll be rox or snakes for 2nd in the west

If you're on a phone put it in landscape mode

I believe in the rockies

Why don't you?

too many players have those big spikes that ruin it all

I was actually thinking the same thing so I'm working on standardizing it with a sort of ratio to compare war/popularity.

I'll come up with something

Nats desu senpai

why did kershaw peak in june? what was happening ?

Because I believe in the Giants and we are most likely gonna need that wild card spot

they're pretty much done as a team they cant compete against the dodgers or cubs or even the rockies who will be better

>cant compete

they won the head to head series last year

against the most injured team of all time? what an accomplishment.

sup /mlb/

dogs a shit
A SHIT

rude

>No one in this thread or the last thread brings up Jose Fernandez's estate getting sued by the families of the men in the boat with him
Step up your game, /mlb/

>the most injured team of all time

u were sayin

I don't understand what this post is implying?

I was at the first ever Mets-Mariners game

sorry chief I wasn't feeling edgy earlier

I'd be pissed too if the country was crying and mourning and celebrating as some sort of hero some rich faggot fuck who killed my family member by being a fucking retard

Did they ever even prove that Jose was the one driving? I doubt they'll get very far if they have no evidence that he was operating the boat

baseball-reference.com/boxes/NYN/NYN200306060.shtml

?

>The attorney representing Fernandez's family, Ralph Fernandez, told the Sun Sentinel that a settlement is "highly unlikely," saying the official crash investigation has not been completed, but he expects it to find Jose Fernandez was not driving the boat when it crashed.

Who /USCT/ here
Ay 3am still represetin

I was at the first cubs orioles game in wrigley. Place was packed with O fans. And it was 08 when the cubs were a first place team but for some reason the whole stadium seemed to be orange and black. Cubs lossed. Good time though.

It's his boat and he was the one that wanted to go out at 2am. He was easily the most intoxicated of the bunch also, and also had cocaine.
I think I read somewhere that he was the only one with a boating license but I don't see that anywhere so maybe I made it up

It probably can't be proven he was driving but I would definitely still say it's his fault if I was the affected family, his friends had texted him to stop being a fucking retard also

I thought it wasn't his boat? I don't know what details are even real anymore desu. I remember when they were adamant that there was no alcohol or drugs involved at first.

Alright i got one for you guys.

Who is the only pitcher with at least 300 saves, and an ERA over 4?

It doesnt matter what i do, even i compared everyone or any two players you will see that spike. The way the graph works is to make the highest of any sample at 100 and then adjust the others from there. If everyone was talked about equally then yeah it would hover around 100 but the fact is there are huge discrepsies in media reports and that's why there are underrated players which is the point of the charts.

It has to be Jose Mesa

It is jose mesa!

That's milking season.

He just a good boy who loves baseball and life.

Happy pitchers and catchers report day, /mlb/

there are people on this board that don't remember the jose mesa-vizquel fued

> In the book, Vizquel criticized Mesa's performance in Game 7 of the 1997 World Series: "The eyes of the world were focused on every move we made. Unfortunately, Jose's own eyes were vacant. Completely empty. Nobody home. You could almost see right through him. Not long after I looked into his vacant eyes, he blew the save and the Marlins tied the game." Mesa reacted furiously, pledging to hit Vizquel upon every subsequent opportunity: "Even my little boy told me to get him. If I face him 10 more times, I'll hit him 10 times. I want to kill him."[2] By the end of the 2007 season, Mesa had hit Vizquel twice. Vizquel expressed regret in 2014 about what happened due to his comments about Mesa (which he also stated were misinterpreted) but Mesa and Vizuqel have never reconciled, to the point where Mesa said he hadn't spoken to Vizquel in over a decade and had no plans to ever talk to him again.

Lebron james threw shade at joe table 15 years later

Brandon Phillips to the braves. Is this Atlanta's year?

They could win NLE if the stars align.
>C - whoever
>1b - Freeman
>2b - Philips
>3b - whoever
>ss - Swanson
>OF - Kemp/ Markakis/ Inciarte/ Peterson
>SP - old retreads
>RP - whoever

Is it a great team? No. But it's definitely competitive with the weak NL East.

the triumphant return of BRAVES POSTING

>NeonDeon
>hankaaron
>Hotlanta
>(some nigger)

STAY HYDRATED

/> /> /> /> /> /> /> /> />

nice work, finally some constructive autism. crashed my phone tho

might need to do a different scale though, scherzer getting 20 strikeouts blows every other 5.5-6.0 player right out of the water and makes the graph look like people only talked about scherzer in may and merely murmured about the rest of the players for the entire year

now post that pitching staff lmfao.

yes, braves have some good young players. no, they will not challenge for the division. get a clue

Regal's

Check that last thread again boyo

So what are you most excited to see from your team come spring training?

I'm going to go with Giovanny Soto pitching to Geovany Soto. But seriously probably and hopefully Moncada killing balls along with extended looks at other guys like Kopech, Basabe, Davidson, Liriano, Tilson and more. Damn its so close now. Soon.

elbow/bone spurs/Tommy John/shoulder
elbow/arm fatigue/strep throat
elbow/shoulder/bone spurs
elbow/Tommy John/forearm soreness/ulnar nerve
knee
shoulder/labrum tear
>tfw no old/fat

Their 1-2 in 2017 is unironically Bartolo Colon & R.A. Dickey. They have absolutely no fucking chance

That's also the league's 1 and 2, soooo

Freeman, Swanson and Phillips can't save that team from 90 losses.

Really? Who's worse?

Bartolo Colon is the greatest athlete of all time, and the greatest pitcher bar none. R.A. Dickey is a God in human form

>Is it a great team? No. But it's definitely competitive with the weak NL East.
I agree, there will be fierce competition with the Marlins and the Phillies for last place.

Tehran tho?

Bartolo Colon
RA Dickey
Jaime Garcia
Matt Wisler
Mike Foltynewicz
kek

Yeah. They're not going anywhere.

RRREEEEEEEEEEEE not dat dude RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

How would you improve this roster?

Add some decent starting pitching for one.
>Roark and pray for rain

Derek Jeter at shortstop

yep

sounds comfy

Daily reminder that Derek Jeter and Cal Ripkin Jr are the two most over rated modern era players.

>Barves

>not sammy sosa
>not david ortiz

>They could win NLE if the stars align.

"no"
they aren't ready for a division win

>David Ortiz spent his entire playing the bench
If his only job was to hit, why did he retire?

>David Arias
>Suck at baseball
>take steroids
>change your name to David Ortiz
>DH and hit bombs