Holy shit this is boring

Holy shit this is boring

The guy cant sing at all and every song sounds the same, not even meme'ing i genuily dont understand what people think is so great about this album

it's a meme, same as death grips, kanye west, kendrick lamar etc. it's not supposed to be good.

that explains

plebs.

i don't like (c)rap, but itaots is not bad. overrated sure but still decent

>Kendrick Lamar

also a pleb. every time I hear the term (c)rap used unironicly I loose some brain cells.

this guy clearly hasn't listened to it 3 times

>Every song sounds the same
Stopped reading here. You're really gonna say that Two-Headed Boy sounds like Holland, 1945? Or hell, that King of Carrot Flowers Pt. 1 sounds like Pts. 2 & 3?

don't actually listen to this thing you fucking madman

yes to both, although i think thats mostly because the singer can only hit one note

b8. fool me once...

I think having discovered this album before finding Sup Forums helped me enjoy it alot more because I never expected anything from it. It was just some band my GF really liked that she found out from a book.

Was it that John Green book? Will Grayson Will Grayson? I remember that book being popular around the time that I first start browsing Sup Forums and I was surprised anybody knew about the album

yea

Like it's got this very unique atmosphere and some of the tracks have very cool arrangements even for folk music which allows it to go a bit outside the realm of typical folk music. Mangum's got a great voice, too as his style ensures that he's unique. But outside that, the album really lacks in the kind of songwriting/composition that makes it worth listening to long term, with maybe Oh Comely being the exception to that.

This has honestly become a problem with a lot of the more indie stuff I got into thanks to RYM and Sup Forums where once that wow factor wears off, there's just not anything else there to make the stuff worth listening to.

>Cool arrangements
>no interesting composition
>Oh Comely is the most interesting compositionally
>the lyrics, vocals, instrumentals are good
>but it's bad

You're either an idiot or a bad troll

I agree, I like all music except indie rock

Listen to it more

No shit. It's a meme, no one actually likes that festering pile of shit.

Every song sounds the same when you don't listen to the genre. It's like saying all Indian food tastes the same. Sure, if you're an idiot who doesn't understand how food/music works and refuses to actually learn how they're different, they're absolute the same thing.

Singing saw, white noise, radios, zanzithophones, pipes, etc. are definitely different from the average folk and make for an interesting arrangement.
Oh Comely is the only track that, while also uses the same handful of chords throughout like other tracks, changes the order enough to spice it up.
I also very clearly said that outside the general unique feel thanks to the vocals and arrangement, there's not much else to the music. Sorry I don't autistically sperg about records I am not into and am able to admit the good aspects about it.

Fuck me backwards with a telephone pole. I listened to this abomination of an album three or four times on Apple Music. Never liked it but now the fucking app adds at least two of their songs to "My Favourites Mix" every single goddamn week