What's the Joy Division of movies?

What's the Joy Division of movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4cBN9u-PTaI
youtube.com/watch?v=pMHNRfTPfQE
youtube.com/watch?v=ogxtLZWN-h0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good but over-exposed so people like to shit on them?

The seventh continent

Barry Lyndon

All About Lily Chou Chou

fight club desu

will have to think about that one for a while.

it would have to have the same outlook but preferably a similar aesthetic too.

usually I associate certain post-punk aesthetics with certain sci-fi aesthetics, like Videodrome or Decoder or Liquid Sky, but with Joy Division... it would have to be bleak and industrial but not sci-fi exactly, and almost but not exactly gothic (not in any conventional way, but more of a minimal way). would have to be very grey and bleak and nihilistic.

I'm sure such a movie was probably made in Germany or the UK on a small to medium budget in the 70s or 80s. would definitely be European and post-war. Germany made a lot of depressing movies. France too.

I kind of almost want to say Antonioni's Red Desert (pic related) somewhat goes there

>Two Werner Herzog movies are associated with Joy Division.

Nosferatu (1979), as the band would play the soundtrack before performing. But specifically Stroszek (1977) as it was Ian Curtis' favorite movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=4cBN9u-PTaI

would bang Alexandra Maria Lara

I was thinking Antonioni might be it.

yeah I think I'm pretty otm with Red Desert

youtube.com/watch?v=pMHNRfTPfQE

although I still maintain that I'm sure there is some bleak film made in Berlin in like 1979 probably that would probably fit even more.

this is a pretty good answer too

Hanake came to mind.

Reminder Sup Forums UNIRONICALLY likes Kanye West.

I'm really interested in what this could be - besides Red Desert and The Seventh Continent. I feel like I've seen such movies that just aren't coming to me at the moment. Post-punk looking movies from that time are really cool looking.

bump

Sup Forums here, we do not unironically like Kanye West. Don't even like him ironically.

man do I fucking hate Kanye

youtube.com/watch?v=ogxtLZWN-h0

depressing overrated dogshit with an angsty faggot as lead?

that would be The Pianist

that would be

Reminder Sup Forums are huge plebs and if you stay there for more than two months you should LITERALLY kill yourself

What is the Swans of movies?

What is the Slint of movies?