Why the FUCK is there not a single grill who'll watch Scott Pilgrim with me? I don't understand, Sup Forums

Why the FUCK is there not a single grill who'll watch Scott Pilgrim with me? I don't understand, Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=79SxL85wHkA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I got one nigga

Is it just me or was that movie el terreble

Are you an uggo neckbeard with zero social skills?

it's just you

Maybe you should bath more often.

Because Scott Pilgrim is neither relatable nor sympathetic to women, only to guys.

Garbage flick, they can smell you and you smell like pussy.

just you bud

It was a shit movie.

and miss colorhead falls for him, without reason.
pretty disappointing for girls to watch.

The movie was fucking brilliant
I bathe once a day, dude
Hopefully there's a lesbian out there who'd watch it with me then
Kim, Knives, Ramona and Envy cover the personality spectrum of women pretty well

Zero social skills, yeah. I don't really fit in at school. There's either the chad group or the Tumblr group.

Movie > Comics

It's a sin to make such a claim, gtfo

The comics are pointless and drag everything too much, no character is worth exploring and some of the exes are just stupid in the comics. Also, Scott is an even more annoying character in the comics. The movies go straight to the point and faster.

Envy > Ramona > Knives > Kim

Envy is only the best if you want to be dominated by a girl (although I love Brie Larson), the list goes:
Kim>Knives>Ramona>Envy

Because Scott Pilgrim was a fucking dreadful movie

I want a story with that level of development (even if unnecessary). I really like his character, he's just meant to be an airhead who pulls himself from one day to the next (although by the end he's a full on Alpha).

Because the forced hipster douchebag lifestyle went out of style 6 years ago.

>fun is bad

The only douchebags in the movie are the exs and Envy, the main characters work great together.

You're not thinkink with your dick.

I live in toronto and reside in the area most of this movie takes place.

>tfw I eat here on the regular

yeah. in the movie.

But outside the movie, all of its fans are insufferable hipster douchebags.

It is a shitty movie for shitty people

toronto's hipster crowd is fucking annoying

That was a very silly movie.

You seem like a fun guy, bet you have lots of friends.

I like grills who think think with her think organs
Shit, that's so fucking cool!
Well, most of them
Teaches people how to not be shitty
Eh, I've never been but the band Alvvays is from there and I love them
y-y-y-YOU TAKE THAT BACK

the movie defiantly captures living in toronto / a big city. I work for the studio that did all the post production work.

its a great city. love to even see it say Toronto Ontario at the beginning and not have it be some random american city. They even use loonies and toonies.

seriously all this shit is 1 min from my house.

Can we be best friends, user?

I don't understand why Scott left Knives for Ramona at all, much less why so abruptly. Knives was already enamored with him and his band. Plus, qt3.14 high school azn girl.

Even accounting for the likelihood of the relationship only sustaining via Knives' adolescent infatuation, Scott should totally have held out to see if that attachment would maintain through maturity. If so, he'd have a long term smokin' younger gf who on top of that is sincerely loyal and supportive.

I really couldn't understand the desire for Ramona to the point of dropping everything else (including Knives) and powering through seven ex-boyfriends for a girl so goddamn mysterious he doesn't know the slightest bit about– other than that's she's mysterious.

I get that the whole movie (and comic, for that matter) delve a lot into a kind of fantastical realism, but Scott's motives are so arbitrary that I really can't even sit back and passively enjoy the action.

Speaking of which, Scott's inexplicable competence in fighting confounds the fuck out of me. That feels like it needs some setup, even if only through the form of a throwaway gag backstory.

whaaaat?? I got like 4 bitches to watch with me while high one night. You must be chillin with fuckin normie losers.

Because his relationship with Knives was repetitive, so much so that the age difference made him feel like he himself was tediously reliving his teeange years. He was struck by Ramona right from when he first saw her because of how outlandish she was: he met Knives on a bus, but he met Ramona is a dream. His life becoming mundane is what causes him to act erratically, hence he feels it necessary to fight 7 evil exes.

(Kim's best grill anyway)

The universe is pretty in tune with vidya concepts, and given we know he likes video games himself, it makes sense that he's decent at sparring. I mean, in a world of subspace highways and vegan powers, I'd sure as fuck practice in combat.

You also seem cool, user. Can we be friends?

I'm not chilling with anyone because everyone I know is a normie loser, dude. I just wish there was a crowd at school that I shared even a few interests with. I was best friends with a grill for a few months (I liked her but nothing happened) and from day 1 I was asking her to watch SP, and she never did.

What movies did she like?

Ok, that makes a little more sense. The dissatisfaction with repetition was a little lost on me. I just decided to watch that movie on a whim after seeing other Edgar Rice movies. I thought Scott Pilgrim would be self-contained enough to enjoy without too much prior knowledge of the source material.

I get that it's a video game world or something, but it didn't make sense for Scott to immediately be able to best rivals in combat with relative ease. Even the god-powers of the vegan guy were explained dismissively enough that it was funny. Scott just has no explanation.

Hell yeah we can be friends. The internet was made for quality shitposting and spontaneous friendships.

Sorry you can't find a girl that wants to watch a movie about a guy in his 20s that dates high schoolers, and dumps them to stalk a girl that clearly indicates she's not interested multiple times, and breaks after getting tired of being pestured with the condition that he has to deal with her many exes and he immeadiatly doesn't see that as a red flag. Such a romantic movies

It's a shit movie, they obviously have good taste

Because you were and underage faggot when it came out, now youre just a regular faggot.

Tl;dr

Scott is a fucking loser with no likeable attributes

SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS

GET
THE
FUCK
OUT
OF
MY
Sup Forums
UNDER

Go to bed, Seth

Submarine, she loved that. She likes Marvel but she's a fucking fake fag who acts like she likes it to get 'quirky girl' cred at school. I guess we only started talking cause I'm really into Marvel and had someone to talk to about it.

I guess that also adds to the humour of the character; bear in mind he does get his ass kicked against the Lucas Lee stunt doubles for a bit. Plus from the comics we know he likes anime, so the sword shit at the end can be explained by him just learning a few moves etc.IDK, he's a lovable dork who's fighting as hard as he can for a girl he likes.
Awesome! What's your Discord dude?
Again: a fun movie is to be enjoyed instead of watched to just inspire sexual activity.
I'm a virgin faggot who can't legally drink, if that's also necessary to throw in.
HE PLAYZ BA55 FUG U

my gf showed me scott pilgrim
u mad

I watched that movie with a grill

I honestlt didnt think my Mum would that interested in it but she enjoyed the movie. Then we got pizza.

Hey man I just want to talk about Scott Pilgrim and make friends

I don't have a Discord. I'm not even totally sure what Discord does.

No cause my emotional connection to the film won't die when the gf breaks up with me; I'm glad I discovered it myself because it's just that much more personal to me, so it'd be even more specail if I were to share it.

Its used to discord people a term used by faggots, imagine grindr but on your pc.

Fug; what other contacts you got?
>ur mum
was the pizza good?

>I don't understand why Scott left Knives for Ramona

You do know that there is an alternate ending where he leaves Ramona for knives.
They often make movies with several alternate endings, they let test audiences decide the "best" ending.

saw it once with a grill and she seemed into it but for some reason i felt cringe
its okay but i'd rather watch anything else on a date, felt wrong all of a sudden

I didn't know that. I'll have to look for it now.

But it's not the official one, dude. I like how she acknowledges in the DVD cut that she's over Scott and "she's too cool for him anyway". represents how she got over a typical teenage obsession really well, and how she's grown to be more comfortable with herself.
Plus. I fucking love how in the Summetime music video (which takes place after the end of the movie) she's still hanging out with them and jamming to their music. Very wholesome.

perhaps its not the movie that's the issue here

i always think things are good/cool till i watch it with someone else and i wonder why.

It's apparent that the movie isn't to everyone's taste.

I JUS' WANT

TO CUDDLE WITH GRILL
AND LAUGH AT KINO

> 6 months ago
> Asked my then-gf to watch Scott Pilgrim with me
> Told her she reminded me of Ramona
> While watching I realized she reminded me of Knives
> Realize I'm dating an immature stalker
> MFW

/thread

I've also already established that I'm a socializing beta. Read the thread properly, user.
>tfw to unique

lmao, some hoe isnt gonna stop me from liking a movie if we arent together anymore

/thread, and stop talking about this shit

I saw it with my Ex. Was a good night.

Hey, immature stalkers can be cute. Knives pulls it off really well. TBH being more like Ramona makes them kinda more like a bitch: why go for fickle and impulsive when you can have her hug you 24/7?

Also, thanks for making me laugh.

We're talking about SP now, it's fun

>But it's not the official one

Did you ever see the movie "I am Legend" with Will Smith. The "official ending" where he dies sucks.
The alternate ending where he lives is better AND makes more sense.

What? really? I sound like michael cera man, I get every girl to watch this movie and fuck before it even ends.
How do you not get laid with this movie?

Well that would be the case for me, hence I'm glad I found it myself.

How come she's your ex?

don't really look too much like him but it works out

Because it's objectively a terrible movie with shit acting.

The lone bright spot was Anna Kendrick, and even she couldn't redeem that miserable shitstorm of a film.

Fucking Michael Cera.

I mean tbh when we first started dating, the clingy aspect was kinda cute, but it got old quick.

Also, I was 22 and starting Med School, and she was 18 and had just graduated high school so the clingy + immaturity + stalker vibes really ended up just being too much to deal with.

Everyone on this site jokes about wanting to fuck young girls, but once you actually have to deal with them the following day, the immaturity takes a toll.

Because I'm 17 and I don't know any girls that I share a single interest with. Maybe I should move to where you live, you guys sound super promiscuous.
Well, I personally prefer to official one, and most other do too, hence it was changed before the release. If they did that with I am Legend, I'm sure they would also have switched the endings.

fingered more girls while watching this movie than during all others combined
can't believe it's been almost a decade already

To build off of this, I firmly believe that anyone who not only wants to fuck high school girls, but considers them pure and perfect and wants to date them has not actually spent any time around them sense graduating themselves. HOly shit are they immature as fuck and annoying as all hell. While they might be tight af and be sexy, as soon as they open their mouths you realize you've made a huge mistake

My grill loves the movie..

stfu, that movie had stars in the cast

Literally one of my wife's favorite movies. Which is why she's my wife. You'll get there user. I did.

Well, I am kinda young, and even I can't fuck girls my age cause I don't really have any options. I don't advocate for the action of fucking girls way younger though. Still, being in a loving relationship sounds so fun.

Dude you just have looks strong enough to pull a girl within minutes. The Cera thing has nothing to do with it.

That's what makes the lack of any discernible acting ability from the cast so much more disappointing.

"Oh hi I'm michael cera, I mumble and act like an autistic shithead."

"TAKE MY MONEY."

If not for this movie I would be still eating bread

awe shucks, I mean thanks but low self esteem blah blah all that

Thank you, user, I shall remember you for eternity.
(I'll remember all of you). Movie nights at your place must be awesome!
agreed
Ur grill is a cool grill, you should make out with her sometime.
Fingering sounds kinda lame; why didn't you just cuddle and watch the movie? That's waaaay comfier.

Alternate ending: Scott leaves Ramona and stays with Knives:
youtube.com/watch?v=79SxL85wHkA

OK this is gonna be super cliche, but I'd recommend getting a different haircut. The style you have would suit someone who is

>Implying i watched it just once or twice

BEHOLD: QT
This movie isn't trying to make everyone cream over its sheer cinematic ingenuity: it's just a fun movie to watch that I think would be so nice to enjoy with a girl.

Shit, bread as a whole? Not just garlic bread????????

IK what you mean dude. But dw, you're got the charms both personality and looks wise.

What do you mean by 'not having any options'?

And yeah, being in a loving relationship is fun, but that wasn't one for me, which was sad for me and unfair for her. Plus, not every relationship is going to be loving - I'm now 25 +/- 2 years, and have seriously dated about 8 girls, had casual things with about 10 more. Only 3 of those I actually loved, and it makes a world of difference to the relationship.

I think it suits him. Why try and act professional when you can create your own image?

dude I have no idea which text you're reffering to there

I remember I literally almost started a real bar fight because I was arguing while drunk with some guy about whether it was the greatest movie of XXI century or not. I had the confidence to say it barely a month after the premiere and he had the confidence to say it sucked.

>dude I have no idea which text you're reffering to there
yeah, I noticed I forgot the greentext after hitting post, but then said to myself "meh"

That sounds hype as fuck. IK people are entitled to opinions but
c'mon
It's at least fun to watch the first time, it's hardly mundane.

Because that image that he's projecting only lasts so long. Not trying to shut down him of course, if he wants to keep it that's his life. But in my personal experience, the people who keep that hairstyle past mid 20s or so? They look like they hang around high schools and wait to hit on the JV cheerleaders because they can get them alcohol.

I'm not saying that he does of course, but that's immediately what I think of. Plus it's a very immature style. Whether or not the person himself is, the style does not come across as any type of trusting, confident, or any sort of trait like that. I immediately think passive, pushover, creepy.

Again this is only for people who are 20+ or so. If you're in middle school/high school, the moody swept bangs look is ok. Just once you hit a certain age, it feels too "scene kid, but i'm actually 30"

AAaaaaa oko

Oh if anyone collects those shitty Funko pops, I have a mostly complete Scott Pilgrim collection (most of them are ridiculously difficult to get so I'm proud of the ones I have)

you forgot the "arguing while drunk" part
It could've been anything at that point, I just recalled that happening

I'm entering Uni next year so I can afford to stay in this mindset at the moment

But still, I doubt he'll stop getting action if he keeps his hair because it seems to be working rn.

goddamit
I just realized there would be coins if I started that fight