Prove we are not living in a simulation

Prove we are not living in a simulation.

prove we are

Too slim chance that this is base reality.

We can't, just like you can't prove we are with current knowledge. We can only make theories, and theories with absolutely zero data backing them up are pretty useless. Because of this, it's pointless to argue for or against the hypothesis that we do/don't live inside of a simulation.

citation?
r u a physicist, or even own a diploma of any kind besides your Fry Cook Certification from McDonalds?

It doesn't really matter, just live your life faggot.

Chance of us living in the base reality is 1/x, x being all possible simulations.

reality isn't numbers. we made up numbers to describe reality in terms we could understand.algebra does not have the ability to describe reality in useful terms.

Ah, so you're an idiot. I was wondering why you made this thread.

>*insult*
Am I supposed to feel stupid now?

Well yeah because as soon as one simulation is made, then they make a simulation, and its just ad infinitum from there. It's at the least just a likely as religion. probably more.

Explain to me why those numbers work. And what the fuck do you think a "base reality" is?

Is it possible, our brains are quantum entangled with the brains of us in other universes?

Probability: the more simulations can be made, the more probable it is that we are living in one. Base reality means what it says.

1999 called, it wants it's thread back

with all this shit going on, we better fucking be

you are the only consciousness.

It's still new to centennials. Not everyone was born in the eighties.

Except that argument makes no sense, because the distinction between "simulated" and "real" DOESN'T mean anything is more or less possible in either.

If solipsism is true then who are you? You should be an NPC because I know I'm not. I too have wondered about solipsism but I don't think it's true.

ITT dumb op at it again with shit questions
>what is occam's razor

Except that it does.

>this
OP you need a break from the internet if you begin dwelling that you are inside of a simulation, maybe sign up at the mental hospital while you are at it

I see your question and will propose a counter-question to you OP...
Let's say, for the sake of argument, that we ARE living in a simulation. Why does it matter? Specifically, why does it matter to you? Even more specifically, why do you even care in the first place?

Because it matters if a higher power decided to lie to us about something as important as the nature of existence, or for the sake of intellectual argument, or for the furthering of philosophical thought. Not everyone is a mongo like you.

>Why does it matter?
Why does anything matter?
>Specifically, why does it matter to you? Even more specifically, why do you even care in the first place?
If we are living in one, and seeing that computer programs are always deterministic ("coded beforehand"), then we don't have free will. And if this universe is a simulation, then it means that this universe has some kind of creator. Assuming that the creator dwells outside this simulation would mean that consciousness can exist outside this universe. So it hints at the possibility that we may survive death.

But wouldnt us, primarily beings of order, be deterministic with something like the big bang too?

just replace code with birthright and environment?

This is explained in existentialism. We are on the other hand forced by our environment, but (or so existentialism thinks) also responsible for our actions. But Sartre didn't know about the computer simulation hypothesis, and he didn't therefore need to take into consideration that everything - and not only a part of - existence is premeditated as per computer program.

>the furthering of philosophical thought. Not everyone is a mongo like you.
philosophical thinkers have been blabbering and thinking and trying to answer questions like these since ancient Greece at least, over 4000 years at least. do you know how many of these "big questions" they have managed to answer? Zero. Zilch. Goose egg. Absolutely fuckin' none.

if there is a creator, that does not imply determinism, it just implies that "god is real"
the universe is obviously "coded beforehand" otherwise it wouldn't work at all. the fact it exists implies that it is somehow "pre-ordered" even if that pre-ordering was entirely coincidental, so this line of thought is futile
why does a creator imply we can survive death? the thought of existence outside of existence is the very enemy of progress with thought, the very root of "writer's block", which is why as i said earlier, in 4000 years, not a single fucking thing has been accomplished, and also why we're completely unable to prove or disprove a book written by a bunch of broke-ass fishermen as peasants written 2000 years ago

in conclusion, all i can really say to answer your original question is that IF we ARE living in a simulation, specifically a computer simulation, then that's pretty fucking great, because this world is shitty and stupid as hell and it'd be nice if we were just a bunch of poor bastards running around in a video game being laughed at by observers.... well.... not nice.... but better than if this was all for nothing, ya know?

No we arn't. Everything leading up to every criminals actions can easily be explained. Given his circumstances, the benefit of the crime outweighed that of the other options. If someone removed those circumstances he wouldnt have commited that crime. It's clear that you are not responsible for your actions. Its like blaming a robot for how their morality code is weighted.

That means there are only a VERY small fraction of people responsible for crimes, and those are the people who not only have come to that conclusion and realized the weighting system of descision making, but also become capable of OVERWRITTING that system. Biological function, sociatal conditioning, birthright, the lot of it.

If you study criminology, very few criminals actually commit a crime for no reason, and those that do usually do so BECAUSE there is no reason.

Yeah but you could still claim that the criminal didn't have to commit his crime. So in this sense he presumably has free will. But I don't think that he necessarily does, because in a simulation his circumstance would be completely caused by an external force. Goes without saying that some decisions we make do seem entirely our own. But what if none of them really are; thoughts, emotions, actions, and even dreams would be destined. I think learning about something like this would profoundly chance mankind.

chance=change*

▲
▲ ▲

That doesnt mean we arent held accountable. People will throw a criminal in prison for a few reasons. reprisal, hatred, spite, anger. To try to alter that criminals morality weighting system, to lock him away so he simply cant try again. But the only systems that really work are those like sweden because atleast there they dont train criminals how to commit crimes BETTER

Someone had a bad day

You could, but you would be wrong. And you would be promoting the same kind of logic you seek to eliminate. Presumably=/= beyond a reasonable doubt.

Because if you lock someone away out of some form of hatred, its likely they will respond with hatred. And hatred is power.

I have a rap for you:
BITCH I'M IN THE WIRED
BITCH I'M IN THE WIRED
I FEEL LIKE I'M LAIN
I WAS BORN IN THE WIRED
BITCH I'M IN THE WIRED
BITCH I'M IN THE WIRED
I FEEL LIKE I'M LAIN
I WAS BORN IN THE WIRED
(OOo-oo-OOoooOO-OOOOooo)
REALITY'S A LIE
OPEN YOUR THIRD EYE
REALITY'S A SIMULATION
YOU ARE YOUR OWN GOD
YOU ARE IN YOUR OWN SIMULATION *gun noises*

>in conclusion, all i can really say to answer your original question is that IF we ARE living in a simulation, specifically a computer simulation, then that's pretty fucking great, because this world is shitty and stupid as hell and it'd be nice if we were just a bunch of poor bastards running around in a video game being laughed at by observers.... well.... not nice.... but better than if this was all for nothing, ya know?
If we are living in a simulation, and running a universe with billions of lives is serious shit, life just may turn out to have a point. Maybe this universe is a "school"? A character building exercise? A rite of passage? I don't know. All I know is that if reincarnation was true then we would lose our memories at death which would make everything meaningless.
That's what I meant. I.e. I don't believe in existentialism. I don't think that we should regret our mistakes because we never enjoyed metaphysical free will in the first place.

>thinking is bad for you

Looks like no one disagrees with this hypothesis. Maybe due to intuition.

I Like the way you think, but i wouldnt call it a mistake in the first place. I wanted to do it so i did.

Suffering is in lost potential. Suffering is not pain. Pain is power, it is a path like love or hate. Suffering is baseless.

I have made many poor choices I regret. Many times I have also been as if pushed by "karmic winds" to act foolishly. I think that simulation hypothesis explains everything. Even things like creation and supernatural which contemporary mainstream science has failed to previously answer. I wonder if it's true that we are living in a simulation though.. I can't imagine a scenario in which we aren't.

there's a single base reality. there are x simulations, the chance that we are living in the base is 1/(x+1)

>there's a single base reality. there are x simulations, the chance that we are living in the base is 1/(x+1)
That's interesting, thanks. That looks more accurate than my calculation ITT.

My only regrets are things I didn't do.

Are we or are not in a simulation. for real guise just a simple answer

Exactly, I HATE THAT. It's like a simulation has put limiters on us for far too long. People who see those limits and wish to break them are punished for it. "because I can" was clearly absent from their reality.

I can't. I've had a suspicion that we are in a simulation and people outside of this matrix are watching us like on a tv show. I think that some of us are self aware and we're damned to know the truth without any chance of changing it.

was just repeating the same idea user, slightly differently. this shit is hard for people to swallow

They say that most likely.
Yeah, the limiters (determinism) are as real as the rings of Saturn. People are just too dumb to contemplate their existence so they don't rebel against the real system.
>people outside of this matrix are watching us like on a tv show
Question is who/what made *them*, and where does the chain of creation begin. Could a base reality even exist, like how could anything come out of nothing?

>this shit is hard for people to swallow
And also hard to comprehend probably. After all that level science is indistinguishable from magic. So normies will keep believing in panentheism and other magical paradigms to allow themselves to feel free.

We arnt in a simulation if we were able to tell, what the fuck kind of simulation would it be then? If we could tell it would be an advanced AR program.

Why wouldn't we be able to tell? It'd be only a matter of time. We are puppets, but that doesn't mean we won't ultimately learn the truth about our puppet theater.

Because it is a matter of conjecture. I have 0 proof any of this is true, so if you please feel free to use dream simulation and reality interchangeably.

This entire argument is like an insane gamble to pick which reality you beleive in as well as how that reality affects us. And If I beleive that reality is limiting me for its benefit I have no real choice left at the poker table than to double down and do whatever the fuck I want. The opening bets have already taken place and its even more of a gamble to beleive they havnt,

>I have 0 proof any of this is true
Have you asked the universe if it's a simulation? People communicate with the universe all the time via mysticism. Might take some balls to chase up the issue idk.

If you could prove a negative we would be living in a simulation.

Its a 100% buy in. The truly happiest people are the ones who dont give a fuck, and do whatever they want. The only thing inhibiting them from expereiencing the perception that we are not.

Can't you just say whether we are in one or not

And you can say that fighting those limits is good but they yeild no results, Im physically restrained by the mortal form I was born with. I can help break other peoples limits but that is also pointless, it just speeds up the inevitable depression where my philosophy of taking action becomes pointless. I will become nothing once I have nothing to do, yet the only thing that remains is to help others do so as well.

I've thought about motivation when it comes to simulation theory and specifically determinism. After waking up, why would anyone do anything. What motivates someone throughout their life to pursue their personal quest. Simulation explains where that drive comes from whereas evolution theory is too simplistic. Motivation, emotions, inspiration, genius and other similar concepts require a better understanding of nature.

So do I do nothing? No, death is an inevitability speeding it up is just foolish. Drugs are the only real answer, or sin really if your a beleif its just conjecture, but how much am i going to regret every drug I turned down if I die when im like 25 anyways? A FUCKING LOT.

The written language is man made. It's with written language that we make up our world. It's not real though, just arbitrary conceptual nonsense

Safe to say, if mankind wasn't asleep it would revolt against its destiny.

Thats where personal philosophy comes in. Mine is pleasure, with a tilt towards advancement as long as that advancement is tangible within my expected lifetime.

It isnt though. The manmade language, english in particular is the definition of words of power. Angels and demons alike, or whatever they vicariously represent if religion is false must MARVEL in the english language. All our words are the representation of the feeling or noise our body makes when expressing an understanding of those words. Like when Im a raving lunatic the feeling of raving is the word raving.

What motivates your philosophy? Surely it must have some cause, as if thoughts were things. Thoughts are things after all. Would be euphoric to assume that "brain named itself." It's more like if a president decides to use a nuke he'd first get the idea to do so as a thought in his mind, and just like the meteorite was very much intended-y, so would be a nuke, replacing dinosaurs with us.

Can't be sure either way, but it's suggestive that no one's been able to hack it thus far.

You should look into the "magical" concept of suggestion to learn more on that subject. thats what i thought when I realized that.

Life is too shitty to be a simulation.

I find this idea the equivalent of atheists trying to fill god gap with the matrix. It's more ludicrous then the idea that god created the universe. Because this one is actually falsifiable.

Why? Could be how it's meant to be.

prove you're not just pigments of my hallucinating mind?

The complexity of its shittiness is too hard to make. The guy would have to be a fucking genius king of geniuses to fuck with people like this

I'm reading your text.

Thats mathematically false, but whatever retard.

>too hard to make
Not to a hyper-futuristic computer it isn't.

Why? Does it really matter? We already know that when we observe particles really closely they act extremely weird and we really cannot explain where the fuck we even came from well enough for people to agree. Even if we aren't in a sim there is a lot more to solve here.

I am, in fact, cobalt blue

Do you even begin to understand the most basic reasons why someone would create a simulation? THEY DONT CARE. NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOU. They made the first humans with the ability to reproduce and gave them patterns to map out bodies. Beyond that its just You, Me, And others and our Scales for brains testing out weights. If you dont like it, swap out the scale or use different weights to makes decisions retard. Fuck off and go ruin someone elses thread with ur garbage weights.

>Does it really matter?
>We already know that when we observe particles really closely they act extremely weird
Like you pointed out, it does matter. We need to understand nature fully. Would be idiotic not to explore simulation theory as it's the best science-based paradigm yet. At the very least we are living in a simulation, as there is no way in hell that this is base reality

DO YOU EVEN LIFT BRO

By what logic is there no possible way that we are the base reality?

I pray we are newfriend.

Maybe i can wake up and not feel like a piece of shit 1 day. .

I will find out soon. My wife makes one more loudass noise i will slit my throat

>By what logic is there no possible way that we are the base reality?
Universe #1 would be materialistic. Or otherwise it would be God. And if this base reality is God then how could it be aware of itself, cause being both self-aware and omnipresent would be pure agony. Though if God is not self-aware, then why does it talk back through "spirits" of occultism. Ok this is kinda /x/tier bs, but I'm just trying to point out that the intelligent universe has to be greater than this space, because it cannot have created itself. That would be just paradoxical.

Well you can base reality on your own thoughts, then confirm those thoughts with others to make sure you atleast perceive the same things. atleast within this reality, whatever it truly is.

Algebra is insane anyway. Why the fuck throw letters in math.

Fucks sake i never used it.

I forgot how to get volume of a cylinder and googled it.

No i can find out how many gallons my car can hold

IT CAN HAVE IT IF IT TAKES MY SHITTY IKEA FURNITURE BUILDING WIFE WITH IT. FUCK IMA COME UNCORKED

Sadly

I no rite math is gay. It could probably prove simulation if we knew the equation, maybe one day.

I'm skeptical that we know enough to be able to confirm that base reality would HAVE to be this way or that. When you look at human history the progression of facts is extremely slow. It seems like we have a lot to learn and it is going to take a long time by our standards.

To me this world seems like a dream world. But our understanding doesn't need to end there, it can still be scientific. I can't see how else would a dream world be scientific, and likely won't learn any better in my short lifetime. I guess I'll have to die first to know.

To prove simulation, these are dubs.