Well, Sup Forums

Well, Sup Forums,
Bitcoin just broke $4000.00 per coin. How do you all feel about this? Anybody wishing they'd invested early? Anybody get rich today?
Seems like a lot of millionaires are about to be created.

I feel a bit thirsty. But luckily i've got one of those giant boxy fiji water bottles next to me.

LDOGE is very low!!

You buying or holding?

If any altruistic bros DID get rich... well, here's this:
14VKB LPN6zTo TdPseEfE yEVVBKh LxYE 3k3
Obviously with no spaces

You'll only be a millionaire if you actually cash out. If you hodl and it goes down, oh well.
>Anybody wishing they'd invested early?
No. It's like asking if I wish I had picked the winning lotto numbers. My reasoning for not playing the lottery is sound, as is my reasoning for not buying crypto.

Ripple is looking pretty good for longer-term holds, and I'll admit that Golem has me curious too.

That's about where I stood initially too. What factors kept you from investing, even a small amount?

this was projected to happen months ago at pretty much this exact time. FML and my fucking opiate dependency

Reminder: Past performance is no guarantee of future results.

ive been getting richer all week

if I would have got in early I would have sold a long long time ago

2-3 years ago, i spent around 10 BTC on drugs. That's when it was about 500 per. NO RAGRETS

The fact that it's not actually an investment. Bitcoin, like all cryptocurrency, is speculation. The only speculative assets I buy are hedges for my portfolio.

if you dont relize at least one goverment is heavily invested in bitcoin your joking yourself when the number gets to what they want theyll dump 400k bitcoins and sink the currency whiletalking everyone elses value with it

I wanted to buy a few hundred worth back when they were $3 a coin. Only didn't do it because it was a horrible pain in the ass to buy them.

Oh wellllllllllllll. Probably would've sold them ages ago anyway, who gives a shit.

i have 5 million but I would like to buy more

if i didnt spend the btc i bought during 2016, i would have sold at 2500

fuck yea, how cool will it be to tell your grandchildren you did 10BTC worth of drugs

I am very mad right now. Price is growing all the time, right?

Damn, I'm a jealous man. If you ever want to shed some of the burden of wealth, give me a shout!

don't be mad, it's a bubble

Absolutely, with dips along the way, naturally. But a massively bullish trend is continuing.

I FEEL that, brother.

with my luck I'll buy a few coins then when I wake up tomorrow it would have crashed

yep

I took an interest when it was at $15, but I didn't totally understand it and I gave up

and I wouldn't have just bought a coin or two, I have a tendency to invest pretty heavily in things when I decide to go for it

but I missed out on this one. Oh well

Truth often makes the best bait. Bitcoin has no revenue. The value of Bitcoin is entirely in people buying into it. Compare that to, say, stock, where there's an actual business generating revenue that you have a partial claim on.

Happened to me with ether, bought at the peak of the 350+ spike a few months back. Still dying waiting for it to get back up.
Same here. I almost bought when I saw it as a form of payment for fucking minecraft like 5 years back.

Any other prospects on your horizon?

what do you mean

it COULD burst at any time, technically. All it would take is something to destroy the percieved value of the coin. POTENTIALLY. I believe that due to blockchain's potential, it'll never fully bust.

I bought in at 1700 and jumped out at just below 2000 before the dip earlier this year. I was a smug fuck for a while until it recovered and went to the moon.

I made almost $1k though which is pretty sweet. Two months of free rent because of meme cash.

The issue is that the blockchain is in no way proprietary. It certainly has uses, but anyone who wants to explore them can simply make their own coin to do so, benefiting Bitcoin holders not at all.

I heard about it when it was underground and low but I never bought and forgot about it until now.

4 grand? really?

looks like I'm up ~$100k

the arrest of DPR caused the late 2013 surge, and the mtgox hack is what killed it. Alphabay and some other big DNM got shut down, signalling the start of this current surge. If another exchange gets hacked, dump coins, and buy more in the dip

Good example of what I mean by speculation: trading based on market reactions rather than fundamentals.

Sold my small amount right before the fork at around $2800. Made a little over $5K on a $600 investment. Good luck to anyone brave enough to keep holding.

>the arrest of DPR

David Parker Ray was arrested and died in jail a long time ago.

>David Parker Ray
dread pirate roberts