tie between Exai and elseq

nope, still MBDTF

but Cosmogramma is objectively more original and influential

anyways my pick is pic related

Has anyone heard this?

One of them, yes

DAE ELECTRONIC IS A GENRE xD

Excuse me??? I'M the best album of the decade

Electronic music is music that employs electronic musical instruments, digital instruments and circuitry-based music technology. An electronic musician being a musician who composes and/or performs such music. In general, a distinction can be made between sound produced using electromechanical means, such as violins and drums, and that produced using electronic technology.[1] Electromechanical instruments include mechanical elements, such as strings, hammers, and so on, and electric elements, such as magnetic pickups, power amplifiers and loudspeakers. Examples of electromechanical sound producing devices include the telharmonium, Hammond organ, and the electric guitar, which are typically made loud enough for performers and audiences to hear with an instrument amplifier and speaker cabinet. Purely electronic instruments do not have vibrating strings, hammers, or other sound-producing mechanisms. Electronic instrument sounds can be achieved using devices such as the theremin, sound synthesizer, and computer.[2]

Yes, it's a means of production like rock and flamenco would fall under "string produced music" but I don't see any "string album of the decade" threads.

Because that would be retarded to lump it all together in discussion.

>Electronic music is music that employs electronic musical instruments, digital instruments and circuitry-based music technology

that doesn't say genre lls

let me give you some advice
being overly specific with genres is the worst and least accurate way of assigning music
music doesn't fit into categories because all of art cannot be categorized, the whole point is it arises from random creativity arisen from irrational brain procedures
genres are:

rock, pop, rap, hip hop, electronic, folk, dance, etc.

genres are not:

post-punk, post-rock, baroque pop, synthpop, east-coast hip hop, tech house

^ that is not how music works

>rap, hip hop

Top 3 string music albums?

I like VU&N, Four Seasons and Bob Marley Legend. All from my favourite same genre.

very different genres
one is a vocal, one is a beatmaking cultural outlook
did you read my post fag

Rap is a vocal style
Hip hop is electronic music

eh but Hip Hop is a school of production that is very different from say European techno

I think Hip Hop makes a great distinction between american and european electronic music

>he actually thinks rap is a genre

ahahahahaha you dumb prick

obviously Kendrick Lamar and Dr. Dre are the same music as DJ Shadow and Amon Tobin of course

Irrelevant, see

the point of that was to just prove that yes, electronic music is a valid term to describe music

Rapping is centuries old vocal style, it's not a genre, rapping is used in hip hop which is made with electronic instruments and is electronic music like techno, ambient, vaporwave or onkyo

most people disagree with this

Then so is string music, top 3 albums? Ravi Shankar? Slayer? Jose Feliciano? We can lump them altogether right?

It's a fact though.

Rapping is centuries old.
Drum machines, turntables, computers are electronic instruments.

listen I get that you have no validation in real life so you need to shitpost to try and feel like your opinion has any validity

but the fact is that electronic music is a valid and widely used descriptor for produced music and "string music" is just a strawman to cover up the fact that there is much more stylistic diversity in music that uses guitars/violins/lutes/etc

>the fact that there is much more stylistic diversity in music that uses guitars/violins/lutes/etc
Thanks for proving you're retarded

good refutation

I hope you get a happy real life sometime soon

lol

worst flylo album

he really needs to stop letting thundercat run amok on half the tracks
descent into madness is the lowest point of both their careers

These r all good but my vote goes to Oversteps.

Probably this. Electronic is kind of a vague term though, so Age of Adz

Barter 6

I agree with your Cosmogramma opinion so i was down to check out your pic related but holy shit that album cover is atrocious. Is it actually good?

>holy shit that album cover is atrocious
it's vaporwave, so that's a pretty great vaporwave cover

it's very good, a pioneering album not in vaporwave but in the production and aesthetic standards of this decade

it's essential listening newfag

A little bit jarring, very repetitive, but also really good.