Was this really that bad?

Was this really that bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zb82S5Vthj8
youtube.com/watch?v=1b2CtgkwJQA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes
Roland Emmerich is shit

If it wasn't called Godzilla it would have been ok.

Fucking Brodderick's acting is god awful tho.

No. That movie was great. 10x better than the 2014/15 (or whatever, didn't watch it) Godzilla.

he has a strange voice

No. The godzilla fanbase is just highly autistic so they think it's complete garbage just because the monster doesn't fit the godzilla role. It's not great either. It's a decent 90's monster flick.

Only thing good about this movie was the glove Godzilla merchandise

Yes, definitely.

Honestly, fuck NO.

I will never understand the hate for this movie. I really like it actually.

Fuck the dweebs mad that Gojira doesn't breathe fire or whatever who gives a shit.

Also it had one of the best '90s marketing soundtracks ever. I miss how '90s movies had songs to market their movies with awesome videos and they'd be everywhere around the time of its release. Glorious '90s campy cheese.

youtube.com/watch?v=zb82S5Vthj8

>10x better than
>didn't watch it

low tier b8

I loved the 90's
I fucking hated that shit

jean reno save it from being totaly shit

they made the mayor a fat idiot named ebert

People at least knew what good lighting was back then

do you have any examples?

It was a decent movie, don't understand the hate.

It was pretty average, which is why it is strange that people shit on it in particular because Godzilla as a franchise is quite shit, coasting on autismal 60s fingerpuppet nostalgia.

I hate your face.

The hate came primarily from the Godzilla fanbase, which as pointed out already in this thread, is autistic as hell. They were upset by the fact that the monster in the movie isn't worthy of the name Godzilla, so through that fact alone they determined the movie was one of the worst things ever made. Find a place where Godzilla fans discuss the movies and bring the Emmerich film up. See how they react. It's pathetic.

>wasn't called Godzilla it would have been ok.
Nah. The Godzilla stuff isn't that bad (besides his design) It's everything else in the movie that's fucking horrible

I liked it, and the cartoon that came form it. I'm also looking forward to Shin-Godzilla.

Get off this board Emmerich, your flick was shit

>he has a different opinion to me
>so it must be b8

Grow up.

How did it not collapsed under godzilla's weight?

>cgi looks like shit
>make everything underlit and rainy
perfect

Oh yeah sure all the critics and audiences shit all over it because they were all really big fans of Godzilla and were mad. Retard. You have to be clinically brain dead to think anything Roland Emmerich has ever done is good.

>saw it in cinema as a kid
>just remember being indifferent to it
>tried to watch it a few months ago again
>stupid worm guy
>all those horrible side characters
>it's literally sitcom tier
>Godzilla running away and hiding like a cheeky cunt
>that whole ending where they just try the same shit again
>JP raptor ripoff godzilla bebbies running around
>goofy love plot comes together
>that shitty egg by the end
>mfw
I had to fast forward a lot of bits to avoid more cringe but I never wanted so many characters to die on screen in any recent movie I watched in the past
Emmerich is hackfraud movie making 101

Because the Brooklyn Bridge is a marvel of engineering way ahead of it's time. Built at a time when cars were barely a concept, it continues to bear the weight of thousands every day.

Godzilla is an ancestor of birds, it has hollow bones.
Nah idk really.

babby's first (You)

>hasn't watched it
>thinks he can have an opinion on it

You're getting better

That bridge is motherfucking american.

TATOPOLOUS

dinosaurs werent heavier than a loaded truck

the cartoon was better
youtube.com/watch?v=1b2CtgkwJQA
but honestly it kinda got annoying that it refused to use anything from the previous movies. I wanted to see the americanized version of King Ghidorah or some shit but it was all original monsters, which is fine yeah, you can't just rely on the old shit, but having a throwback once in awhile wouldn't hurt.

seeDo you know how retarded that statement is?

The prroblem was that it was called godzilla.

It wasn't a dinosaur.

some trucks weights 50 tonns while tyrnaosaurs only 15

eat shit faggot

I never understood how the guys who did ID4 couldn't do a blockbuster with a real Godzilla

I mean it's a giant fire breathing dinosaur, who destroys entire cities and they managed to fuck up so badly

But the movie is cool on it's own and the tv show is god tier

pure kino

>that's a lot of FISH

no shit ?

Correct, but what does any of that have to do with a fictional creature that's way bigger than a T-Rex or a truck? So I'll ask again. D you know how retarded your statement is?

It's fun to say the least

for you

thats not all cg and its not deliberately underlit

because godzilla on the pic is roughly the size of a trex why would a bridge collapse then ?
the Brooklyn Bridge is around 84 meter high and the creature is barely half that high

>the T-Rex breakout scene
>not deliberately underlit

You can already see how flawed the cgi is. Imagine if it were brighter. It would be another brachiosaurus scene.

You are now aware that the average T-rex was 5 meters tall.

>because godzilla on the pic is roughly the size of a tre
>That pic
>Size of a trex
>Trex being able to eat a car
American education

You are 12 aren't you?

Have you seen the flick? It's as tall as skyscraper, while t-rex is just as big as giraffe.

Anybody else actually like the Godzilla design?

People always shit on it but I think it's the only good thing in the film. I like it a lot.

>at least 50 feet tall
>roughly the size of a T-Rex.

Me too, it's much better than puppyfaced japs godzilla design.

>americans
>using metrique

how new are you ?

watch the pic on the bridge does he look that tall to you ?

It's a genuinely great monster design, it just doesn't look like Godzilla. It's a better design than the fat, tiny headed shit we got in the 2014 movie though.

We used to watch it during rain days or someshit in primary school

I saw it again recently and it's very 90s, if you werent from then I can see why you'd hate it, and if youre an autistic gaijin whatever I can also understand

It's fun, light, there's a bit of tension sometimes, it's campy, it's not a bad movie

Still the only Godzilla movie I've ever seen. I liked it a lot as a kid. Still think there's some rad stuff like all the mini dinos in the supercenter and especially the helicopter chase

Yes, best one there is, an actual menacing design.
All other ones look like dorky fat faggots, makes me lol.

I wonder if at night time, if a city's light was to just turn off, if maybe it'd be fucking dark.

Yes moron. He's at least 50 feet tall and 300 feet long.

Now kiss each other.

Well it's second best Godzilla after 2014 one.

Those rubber Godzillas are pure shit for manchilds.

>this is an excuse for bad filmmaking

Based tatopolous has yet to make a bad design

this wont be a meme u fag fuck off

thanks for solving this
however the troll may persist and fight it anyhow

Puting a pic is trying to make a meme now
You have to go back to Sup Forums

Ha, what faggot.

I did see both and unfortunately he's right by shear faggoty luck.

But being better than something doesn't make it good.

>butthurt he can't make an epic meme
lmao

if your quoting the original post, why did you include it in the pic?
The only reason you'd do that is if you wanted people to repost in future threads for le epic memery

It carried trains before cars

I remember my father giving me to some girl he met at a pub because she offered to take me to the movies while he drank. She bought me a choc top

comfy as fuck

Trains were smaller back then, it didn't carry thousands of them every day, and they didn't sit still on the bridge for hours.

Implying I'd be able to see them.

It's a good movie, just not a Godzilla movie.