Recommend a book for me

recommend a book for me
inb4 thrones fags

The Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss

i fucking love how shamelessly perverted this old fat fuck is. truely an inspiration

OG m8, nothing less.

The way of Kings by brandn Sanderson
Or anything by Murakami :)

The holy fucking bible, son

American Gods if you like simbolisism and miths,its from neil gaiman.
I woul also recomends ALL that lovecraft have ever written

The First Law, by Abercrombie

Kingkiller Chronicle kicks ass too, but it's not finished yet

u know you want to.

1984, had to read it for school.Beginning is shit but middle and end are high quality

Kafka on the shore

The Stranger by Albert Camus

Good one also farenheit 451 and bradbury(it is that hoe to write ir??) Are good choises if you like old sci-fi

>simbolisism and miths

"Let me in" from some polish guy i dont remember

Chek'm and did o write it wrong?

Malazan book of the fallen

Don't reproduce

Malazan Book of the Fallen series.

It makes GRRM look like a noob faggot

I hope you grow out of your shit taste in literature

Are you too kids to even approach to the Malazan Book of the Fallen, right?

Is this fucking cellphone thats shit,also english is not my first lenguage so will get laid more probably?

The Expanse series....especially the first 3 books, but they are all good.

snape kills dumbledore

i personally dislike Fahrenheit 451, boring and un-necessarily descriptive of things that shouldn't be described

Are you indian?

if
/k/ommando , Read ARMOR by John Steakley, follow by the Man of War books by H. Paul Honsinger

If into fantasy, Read the Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss, follow by the Stormlight Archive by the Stormlight Archive

and those are my only suggestions i tend to stick with sci fi and fantasy novels..so yea.

Dick ftw

Roadside Picnic,
Metro 2033,
His Master's Voice,
actually anything by Lem

Malazam looks of the fallen, Steven Eriksson, kick ass

Read this when I was younger still fond of it.

The prince of nothing.
its like dune, LOTR, and game of thrones had a literary threeway

came to post this

is it seriously worth reading 12000 pages, or is it a huge GRRM string along

well its better written and actually finished.
decide for yourself

Its not a casual series for casual readers like GRRM's trash. If youre looking for a monumentally epic story, then read it.

first post best post
i just read the whole KKC (name of the wind, wise mans fear, slow regard, and lightning tree) over the course of the past couple months and it's the best shit i've ever read
rothfuss is THE grandmaster of the craft in the world today. literally the best author i have ever read
i'm actually about to start reading NOTW because i don't even want to read anything else anymore
i can see why people are going fucking ape shit having to wait for book 3 for so long
fucking stoked for the 10th anniversary edition as well, it's gonna have a bunch of illustrations
i think i'm gonna actually buy it, which will make it the first book i have ever bought with my own money in literally my entire life

TLDR - read Name of the Wind right this instant

OP if you are saying you don't like the Fantasy genre then you might as well just not read literature at all.

Fantasy is objectively the best literature available.

Check out the winds of winter. It'll be out in 12 years

The entire inheritance cycle. Starting with Eragon. Favorite book series since I was 13 or 14 years old.

Both WH40K ultramarines omnibus
Or wh40k eisenhorn books
Or revenor books

The icelandic sagas. Especially egil skallagrimssons saga.

"And then there was Twisk, who usually appeared as an orange-haired maiden wearing a gown of gray gauze. One day while wading in the shallows of Tilhilvelly Pond, she was surprised by the troll Mangeon. He seized her about the waist, carried her to the bank, ripped away the gray gauze gown and prepared to make an erotic junction. At the sight of his priapic instrument, which was grotesquely large and covered with warts, Twisk became frantic with fear. By dint of jerks, twists and contortions she foiled the best efforts of the sweating Mangeon. But her strength waned and Mangeon's weight began to grow oppressive. She tried to protect herself with magic, but in her excitement she could remember only a spell used to relieve dropsy in farm animals, which, lacking better, she uttered, and it proved efficacious. Mangeon's massive organ shriveled to the size of a small acorn and became lost in the folds of his great gray belly.

Mangeon uttered a scream of dismay, but Twisk showed no remorse. Mangeon cried out in fury: "Vixen, you have done me a double mischief, and you shall do appropriate penance."

He took her to a road which skirted the forest. At a crossroads he fashioned a kind of pillory and affixed her to this construction. Over her head he posted a sign: DO WHAT YOU WILL WITH ME and stood back. "Here you stay until three passersby, be they dolts, lickpennies or great earls, have their way with you, and that is the spell I invoke upon you, so that in the future you may choose to be more accommodating to those who accost you beside Tilhilvelly Pond."

- Jack Vance, "Lyonesse"

posting one more KKC pimping post, illustration from Slow Regard of Silent Things
man these books are just great

ok you sold me, i'll be reading it soon

OP, this trilogy by a godless shovel-faced chink will blow you...
... right away. Get ready to use your powers of visualization until they are raw. I had to teach myself to speak again after ruminating on the mind-bending implications in these novels. Get ready to be sucked off...
... into a world of reality-bending events, and be left with a new, dark answer to the Fermi Paradox

1984 is a rip-off of We by Yevgeny Zamyatin.

I've read a shit load what kind of thing are you looking for?

come for the fornicating fairies, stay for the war between King Casmir and Prince Aillas, mirrored in the conflict between Murgen the Magician and his clone/scion Shimrod, and the witch Desmeii. amazing shit.

Dune was one hell of a book. Extremely well written.

Solaris is great. Roadside Picnic too one of my favourites.

Magician by Raymond E Feist or The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan

What? It was written pretty badly, actually.

Temeraire.

best shit i've read

Great book, not the best writing though IMO.

dune was a completely mediocre book
almost nothing memorable about it at all, except the sandworm ride, and the fact that it was so memorably un-memorable
i read the first 3 books of WoT and was nearly bored to death
i'm saving the rest of the series for if i end up in prison, as it is almost certainly the world's greatest time-sink

is his cock permanently like that now? Can't she do a spell to make it grow back? This is horrible!

Leave it to a chink to name a book after a math problem.

Sounds pretty interesting though... looks like I may be buying the hype and trying it out.

Yeah WoT can be a hit or miss for some people

bump american gods, in the middle of it really good

I honestly didn't know about the hype until after I had read them. I was reading a wikipedia page about star configurations and it was referenced. It's fucking bonkers, mate. Smooth reads, too. The translators are pretty awesome. I knocked it out in about two weeks. It's like the Greg Egan meets David Brin and they talk about Isaac Asimov

I mean to be fair, Eye of the World was pretty good, pretty great might even be accurate. but then Great Hunt was just ... flat as a board, and the ending...... oh god the ending....... just immaculately terrible.
Then I figured we'd get back on track with Dragon Reborn, but it only kept getting worse. In fact, it stopped making any kind of sense entirely.
I don't know... people have told me it gets better after that.... but it burned me too bad to give it another chance, until I am literally locked in a cell all day every day (if that ever happens)

The Hike

What would you recommend?

I made it halfway through EotW and was bored to tears. Too much world-building. I'm a brainlet, I need books to get going or I die. It sucks too because the introduction part was all badass with some epic dark struggle across time, then the story is just like farmboy and his cunt friend follow a cunt to god knows where. I need a promise that it gets better and maybe I'll try again

/blog

lol highly accurate post
the whole damn thing was like spotting a smokin-hot babe across the room, but then you realize you were drunk, and it was too dark to see, and she's ugly, and she's also is hairy and has a penis

god i really did manage to forget how bad those books pissed me off and now it's all dredged back up

I didn't want to trash it outright because I know people that live by WoT, but it was rough. Then again, I've never read Tolkien and I like garbage fantasy like ASOIAF, so I don't really count. The author eventually dying also bugged me. I have a psycho completionist bend and that just won't do

>author eventually dying
apparenlty his nephew or i think maybe even his son "finished" the series after he died, as if he was so arrogant that he thought he could just go ahead and channel his dead fucking dad's energy and make a few more quick bucks i guess
anyhow, word on the street is that his books are BAD, and this is fans of the series saying this
seriously, imagine how terribly, impressively awful they must be if literal fans of the series are calling them bad
it's almost tempting to read them just to see how foul and unforgivable they really are

book 1:
orphaned boy goes to magic school, solves mysteries, squabbles with a spoiled rival student, and maybe he can discover the mean magical guy who killed his parents! SO fucking original.

Oh but shit...the books ending and we don't have a climax. I know, let's have him fight a dragon! But this books for ADULTS, so it will be like, on drugs or something.

book 2:
our hero goes into a noble's house, consorts with nobles, and becomes way better and smarter then all the other nobles in the brief time he's there.

then he gets kidnapped by a nymph whose been having sex for centuries and entrapping people, but he instantly learns enough to fuck better and outsmart her despite nobody ever having done it before

then he goes to society of fighters that train for their entire lives, and he instantly learns how to fight as well as them,

then he goes back to school where hes better then everyone, and plays music at a open mic place where he's also better than everyone.

yup, just fantastic writing. really riveting.

if you read it up to where Jordan dies, are you then left with literary blue-balls, or does it resolve?

Malazan Book of the Fallen

Bears GoT easily

the whole damned thing really did sail right over your head didn't it?

My picks:
Nightangel Trilogy by Brent Weeks
Kingkiller Chronicle by Patricj Rothfuss
Revelation Space Series by Alastair Reynolds
Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steve Erikson

i have to imagine that it resolved in a really shitty, unfulfilling way, but how can it be any more shitty or unfulfilling than the entire rest of the series? that's the real question

we have to wait until November for Oathbringer... fuckkkkkkkkkkk

seriously though B. Sanderson is great... even more so if you read all his shit and learn they are all connected on a cosmic/trans-dimensional scale

the only thing i regret about reading KKC is that i'll never be able to read it for the first time ever again
do you think he'll ever release book 3?
never, ever releasing it would fit the narrative pretty well i feel, and some part of me thinks he might just be an evil enough bastard to do that

Check out The Three Body Problem and its two sequels. Its hard sci fi. If you need an easy read with lots of action, look somwhere else though. Honestly the first book does drag, but the next two are totallly worth it. Very clever books.

that's the second time it's been recommend ITT, guess it's time for a trip to the library

>check out this fantasy-lite series that is only good to little kids who have never read fantasy before
Those books are absolute trash.

This

American Assassin and its sequels. Pretty good 200-something page spy thriller.

lol Eragon
every single time i see that book in the kids section at bookstores, or anywhere really (which is pretty fucking often) i can't help but think that he wrote the whole damn thing after meaning to type "Dragon" but just made a typo and never corrected it
next thing you know, they printed the damn thing and sent out the initial release, "Eragon" was born

>SPOILER FOR TBP
>READ AT YOUR OWN PERIL
I stopped using my flashlight when I walk my dog in the woods at night. Fuck that shit, I'm not announcing myself

granted, it's more a spoiler for TDF, but I refer to the whole thing as Three Body

sounds preddy spoopy

not at all, if you read Three Body trilogy (or Remembrance of Earth's Past Trilogy, as it's also called), it has huge implications for like.... everything. Seriously, these books go off the rails

ok i requested it, it's got a couple of holds. getting pretty stoked to get into it

it's full of put-the-book-down moments, where you just go "fuck, did that shit just happen?" and then continue. Apparently there's a subreddit, but I'm sure it blows

there are couple of leddits for books that are actually good, but you are in fact correct, this particular one does blow

What he said, but with better spelling.

Also anything by Terry Pratchett.

>recommend a book for me
If you're into good, smart and adult Scifi:
Alastair Reynolds
>pic related