Thoughts on this movie Sup Forums?

Thoughts on this movie Sup Forums?

Also Rocky thread

Is five really as bad as they say?

>YEAH MY NUGA UNC FUCK OUTTA HERE NIGGA WHERE THE HOOD AT

>Is five really as bad as they say?

Tommy Gunn streetfight is all its good for.

You only embarrass yourself posting like that. Are you really that desperate to fit in? on Sup Forums of all places?

It was the best Rocky movie since the third. There were some corny moments (it's Rocky after all) but Coogler's visuals are BY FAR the best the franchise has ever known.

But it starred a black person so pic related got triggered as ever.

reddit please

Much better than I expected to be actually.
Almost at the same level as Rocky Balboa.
A pretty decent sports movie.

Rocky and the lady from Cosby show were great, so were the fights, but Michael b Jordan was bland in this, he was unlikeable, and it had a generic villain that was just there to be an ass

Still better than 5 and it's street fighter ending

Rocky > Rocky II > Rocky IV > Rocky 3 > Creed > Rocky Balboa >>>> Rocky V

It was alright, it was cool to see Rocky once again

>be rich black guy
>live in a mansion
>drive sports cars
>be an amazing underground fighter
>be good looking
>have a good job

Why should I care about this guy?

If he wasn't any of those things you'd hate it anyway

His dad died fighting against communism.

Also forgot
>total asshole, even to his mom and rocky

>Is five really as bad as they say?

No. It's back to basics, but people forget that it's a drama series and not an action franchise.

>t Michael b Jordan was bland in this, he was unlikeable

On your own.

But the drama is shit that's why it's bad. Stallone acts like he's doing a rocky impression he saw on tv, the don king character is so goofy and forced, all the drama with his kid and the brain damage is ham fisted.

It couldnt decide whether it wanted to be a drama or a trendy action movie, that's why we have shitty rap songs and a ending fight straight out of a shitty steven seagal movie

5 is worth it just for the fight at the end imo

Because he has all that and there's still the burden of living up to a father who had all that and provided himself with it. A father he never even knew.

Eh, each to their own. It's still better than Rocky II, regardless.

>It's still better than Rocky II, regardless.
Kek

Rocky II is an uninspired rehash of the first film with a Hollywood ending. Terrible movie. The only good thing to come out of it is the prologue for Rocky III. Rocky II is the worst film in the series by far.

It was shit. In every scene you could taste the desperation for millenial accessability. It felt really 2014.

Nah, rocky 2. Has plenty things that make it superior to 5. It's a film about Rocky trying to leave the life of boxing behind him after going the distance, but finding that he has to prove to himself and to everyone else that he wasn't a fluke. Even the scenes with him and his baby are better than the scenes of him and his shitty actor adult son in 5

He gives it up to do what he wants to do and also to prove something to himself.

1>6>2>4>3>5

I have no idea where Creed fits honestly. Time will have to tell, but I didn't find it to be as good as the majority seemed to. I'd probably put it just above 5 right now though, if I had to place it.

>In every scene you could taste the desperation for millenial accessability.

What the fuck does this even mean

It was corny as fuck. And the Stallone Oscar-nom is just plain ridiculous.

Still sort of worth a watch. It was a nice way give the franchise over to a younger generation.

Couldn't disagree more. Rocky II is just more of the same but nowhere near as good. At least the other movies, however inferior to the original, offer something new.

five is genuinely awful
I liked Creed, although it is essentially a remake of the first Rocky with a black cast
good, not great, performance from jordan and sly was genuinely great as old man rocky

I really don't mind that they cast a black guy in this. It fit the story and its history, rather than being a forced diversity pick.

>and it had a generic villain that was just there to be an ass
>generic villian
>villian

he was an arrogant shit talking pro boxer, not a bad guy trying to take over the world, what else would you want from him?

literally Nepotism: The Plot

>Hey rocky, my son here, hes a real hardworker, really got a future, ya know?
>fuck off
>YO ROCKY YOU LOST TO MY DAD LMAO, TRAIN ME BRUH?
>ok

Creed or Southpaw?

creed, southpaw was incredibly generic with jake's performance being the highlight of the movie

I really did not like Creed. Maybe as a standalone it would've been good but having Rocky in it ruined it for me.

Rocky 6 gave us a great ending to Rocky's story and I feel like that was all pissed away with Creed. Not to mention how they fucked up the iconic training scene that's a part of every rocky movie.

Most people don't mind when people outside of their race are in films. It's weird that'd be your assumption. You start off your statement like someone was accusing you.

Awesome movie, Cooglers got real talent
I was really pissed when i heard he sold out and is doing capeshit now
His movies used to mean something, now its just gonna be MUH DIVERSITY cuz there's no way marvel studios lets him make anything besides the same movie they've made like 12 times now