How the fuck did this happen...

How the fuck did this happen, did the target audience just get younger and companies decide to pander to them or have people always been this stupid?

Which specific thing are you outraged about? The reboot of one of the largest franchises in cinema history being a massive success or something else?

Simon Pegg may be a cunt but he's right about the fact films with quality and depth don't make it into the highest grossing films anymore.

I'll never understand how Iron Man 3 made that much money

perpetual adolescence

Is that list adjusted for inflation?

No, Gone with the Wind is the highest grossing movie ever if you adjust for inflatation.

have they ever? The biggest earners have always been Hollywood spectacle films which, surprise, is what all those are.

Gone With The Wind is also horribly racist so that's not a great example either.

>if you adjust for inflatation
Not accounting for inflation makes your list utterly meaningless and arbitrary.

just look down, phantom menace at its peak was 2nd

people always been this stupid, movie makers are better at pumping out decent looking shit, nostalgia, female and black leads rally up the goodthink, youtube hype machine. it literally could not fail

>Gone With The Wind is also horribly racist
>not a great example

Blame the forever-a-child 90's kids.

Post Avengers hype

Wow, a lot of shitty movies on that list.

Bane is a big grossing guy

Beta numale Twitter posting cuck detected.

>yfw you realise movies are more akin to roller coaster theme park rides for the average overweight american family than they are akin to books or paintings or other works of art

it's a problem of exclusivity... retarded people can't read or assess art, but they can listen to dialogue and watch flashing colours, so they go and watch Avatar 30 times and Alice in Wonderland 3D 29 times

>tfw of people who get degrees in film studies and think it's some important medium for art

That must be why the plots are all so simplistic and generic, I genuinely feel like there is some sort of conspiracy to spread illiteracy around the world so that people can exploit personal profit from this with terrible movies and for upcoming elections to spread disinformation about rivals. It was quite a common thing to do in medieval times with the nobles and the surfs, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was the modern equivalent to that.

Got any sources regarding the medievil strategy? That's interesting

This list is a bit outdated, Civil War should be at 12 now.

No idea on sources but I've been trying to peace things together, especially how reading is seen as anti-intellectual and made to look like a chore during school, maybe this was on purpose or some other thing. Then social media came along, mobile and smartphones with it. People did not obviously type correctly and are even forgetting basic and intermediate English and instead resorting to that retarded short hand and emoji speak.

>Piece
Fucking Firefox spellchecker

don't worry i fixed it

I think you've taken your theory too far, people write shit because they're lazy and stupid.

They've always been and will always be lazy and stupid.

Though I agree if I were in power I'd keep people stupid so they'd be uncompetitive but useful employees or servants

Wrong.
Gonna go Autistic on you here: All counts involving GWTW always include it's theatrical re-releases, same with Disney's Snow White.

A quick google search revealed some list an egghead on plebbit crunched the numbers for, putting Titanic on top, followed by Sound of Music. A film where I'm certain Julie Andrews doesn't show her breasts.

Then there's working out the total number of tickets sold as a percentage of the movie going population at the time of release.
Because adjusting for inflation is a flawed methodology for working out how popular a film was.

What a moot argument. Whether it made the #1 or the #10 it's in the top 0.00001%~ of all time.

This is basically like the equivalent of eating fast food all of your life and not dieting on legit decent food, truly awful.

You'd have to do something to make them feel like they have genuine power and control, this must be why they have general elections to trick them into thinking they have some slight control when we have none at all considering we're just the surfs who plow and tend to the lands.

It is though.

I realize, but I'm just sick of it getting cited as #1

except i took out all the superhero and disney movies

>disney movies

they're excellent though

No it isn't.

If you want to convey a message you won't reach an audience because the plebs want to watch Captain Starsumo from MarvelDCWWE

All you can create is garbage

If you wrote down your ideas you could convey them to the right audience, readers, people who critically think, people who aren't mindless consumers

i dont know about back in medieval times(it was probably just too expensive and time consuming to teach people to read when they could be working the fields/mines)
but slaves in america were punished/killed if they were caught reading/teaching other slaves

>mobile
>People did not obviously type correctly and are even forgetting basic and intermediate English and instead resorting to that retarded short hand
because old phones only had 9 keys for all the alphabet, textspeak died out with the on screen keyboard

>and emoji speak.
only niggers speak in all emojis others use it as punctuation, instead of one ! we now have thousands

Of the top 20 but whatever measure there's a pretty even distribution between chick flicks
>Titanic
>Dr. Zhivargo
>GwtW

Kid friendly family fair
>E.T.
>Sound of Music
>A New Hope

If anything feminism should have saved the movies...

WAIT... DON'T PRESS ENTER JUST YET:
Because it got mommy into an office on weekdays so she couldn't take Junior out to the pictures after school.

...but it didn't.

>surfs

>Convey a message
>Art
Full pleb

>How the fuck did this happen
Economics

>if you can't get your message through to the masses then the message isn't worth saying in the first place
You're a retard. There are many many intelligent moviegoers. You wouldn't know that though since you never leave the house.