British """"""humor""""""

>british """"""humor""""""

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3RcrRRlKTUM
paleycenter.org/collection/item/?q=jay&p=18&item=T:34087
youtube.com/watch?v=z4Yd0ZkF0iQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I never liked nor understood Monthy Python.

I did unironically like Mr. Bean but that was during childhood.

I'm from the Netherlands.

Mr. Bean is comfy t b h

>I did unironically like Mr. Bean but that was during childhood.

It's funnier as an adult

Sorry to hear it. I know I've always admired Dutch humour:

youtube.com/watch?v=3RcrRRlKTUM

Bazinga.

>Not enjoying superior Canadian humour.

>implying it's not funny af

>74196351

(You)

monty python is sensible_chuck.gif

A Fish Called Wanda makes for a nice comparison/contrast of American and British humor

Also I once saw a mock debate that I'm pretty sure was staged in British parliament and included American and British comics discussing/demonstrating which has better humor. It was back around 1990 and aired on PBS. My memory says Alan King dropped an f-bomb in it but that can't be right

British humor is based, and I'm not even from there. I think it's important to understand their culture somewhat to understand a lot of their humor.

>american """""""""""""""""""""humor"""""""""""""""""""""

>I never liked nor understood Monthy Python.

There were lots of segments of Monty Python that really pushed what was acceptable at the time in comedy. That's why it's become such a cultural icon.

Mr Bean is actually funnier as an adult imo.

LOL he's walking funny :D
look at that silly look on his face :) :P

come on, dude - you're not a human being if just the name of the ministry itself (and the idea behind the joke) doesn't immediatelly crack you up.

>mock debate
Here, I found it. From the Oxford Union in 1987
paleycenter.org/collection/item/?q=jay&p=18&item=T:34087
youtube.com/watch?v=z4Yd0ZkF0iQ

stupid americans

its funny because hes being SOOOO silly! :D

this, i fucking love mr bean

je hebt autisme

Boris Johnson a 6:40 entering the motion as president of Oxford Union
There's your comedy right there

>f-bomb
Wow I did remember it right, it's at 42:35 and PBS aired it as is

you might be retarded if you can't understand something as straightforward as python

>I never liked nor understood Monthy Python

humour's essence is the absurdity, the deconstruction. It's chaotic and nihilistic. It helps you keep your sanity in a structured world.

Monty Python and their surrealism was the epitome of that; random and usually antithetical concepts intertwined. Presentation of the opposite of what would one expect from trivial situations with a certain protocol.

In my opinion, a sensible one at that, British humor is complete shit. It's all about silliness such as making silly faces, movements and speaking in silly gibbering, that's it, nothing more nothing less. There accents are shit. Damn I hate Englel.

Is this an example of American humour?

i like monthy python but i agree this isn't funny unless you're like 12.

>americans have to turn everything into a fight like a little boy

come on you can't tell me you don't crack a smile when he crosses his legs and sticks the right leg out from behind his left

What are you talking about? This was part of a debate series from England

I like Mr. Bean, Bottom and Black Adder. Monty Python is ok but not that funny

Kids in the Hall is based gay 90's-90's humor

name 1 comedy from the 70's that has aged well
comedy is dependent on novelty
people take from art and alter it
in comedy this ruins the earlier work

>Monty Python is not funny

There is being a contrarian for invisible updoots on a chinese image board for validation keeping you from hanging yourself, and then there is clear and present autism regarding one of the funniest comedy acts of the 20th century

Young Frankenstein

Blazing saddles

>some of the funniest shows are written by brits, then adapted by Americans

Wew, contrarians are trying extra hard today. Speaking of extras, if you watch Ricky Gervais and his various shows and think this shit isnt even remotely funny, you may actually be a retard

This is true of every culture. But us Americans dont like doing that sort of contextual work to find new things funny that arent about poo poo and pee pee or farts