You can't fly jets if you're colorblind

>You can't fly jets if you're colorblind.

classic

Don't remind me that.

is elle under the sheets sucking his dick?

>Refn taking a vow of silence in his teenage years and then his parents told him that he couldn't direct films because he's color blind and then him throwing an autism fit and beating himself up
I hope this happened

everyone loved this film when it came out, but I hated it. I was baffled when looking it up on wikipedia and it said it was supposed to be a comedy, it didn't make me laugh once and was just depressing. Am I crazy?

Classic Dano

It's a dark comedy. It's like Vacation but played a little more straight and more somber.

Characters who are literally you thread? All through childhood I knew what I wanted to be: an airline pilot. Flying a huge plane and seeing the world for good money with every time a chance of being a hero. Then I found out I was color blind. No go. Now I'm a loser stoner with zero ambition because I have no idea what I want to make a career out of. Im sure I could still do something with planes like cropdusting or something, but its just not the same. Thanks for reading.

Same here man I didn't get how it's so well received

I love dark comedy though. But it has to actually have jokes, not just depressing shit happening to a family.

name one moment in this movie that's intended to get a laugh

the girl doing a strip tease as her dance

Grandpa OD'ing on heroin

The scene with the dead body and Hank

>Dark comedy
>Having jokes

Didn't Paul Dan's character have a giant Nietzsche drawing on his wall or something like that? That was funny

EVERY NIGHT IT'S WITH THE FUCKING CHICKEN CAN WE GET SOMETHING TO EAT THAT ISN'T THE GODDAMN FUCKING CHICKEN

I liked this movie a lot mostly for the fact that they depicted a lower middle class family properly
Like at the dinner scene, all the little things like the mismatched cups and plates and them having takeout and Sprite

>no one realizes the grandpa was abusing the daughter by the tone of her dance routine at the end
>the father doesn't rip her off stage

"You should be gettin' that young stuff! That young stuff is the best stuff in the world!"

what did he mean by this?

I don't think he was abusing her, he just had a dirty sense of humour

Don't be so fucking stupid.