Read Tolstoy and Dostoevsky

>read Tolstoy and Dostoevsky
>Russians are passionate, energetic men of action who hug each other, kiss each other, slap each other, laugh, cry, yell, and debate philosophy
>watch anything in modern Russia
>Russians are quiet, depressive, alcohlic wrecks who huddle around squatting and smoking and grunting without making eye contact

What went wrong?

>Tolstoy and Dostoevsky
>passionate, energetic men of action

The wrath of Napoleon's ghost

Fake macho culture imposed by Soviet Union and continued by Putin

In b4 some retard blames communism for it, despite end of communism not changing ruskies back into old ruskies

>Fake
We are really this macho Nigel.

wtf you are talking about? There are always some action on the streets and only absolute betas don't make eye contact here. Alcoholism is a thing but I don't think it was very different back there

He's talking about the characters in their novels, dumbass.

True. In Crime and Punishment one of the main characters is a degenerate alcoholic whose daughter has to whore herself out. There is also a scene in which an underage girl gets forced drunk by a fat aristocrat who then proceeds to rape her. I don't know where OP gets his idea that alcohol is a new thing in Russia.

he probably meant that they weren't all miserable, lethargic drunks you find sitting at the RSL every night, they had a bit of energy and passion about them for the most part

>taking any literary piece as representative of reality

it was communism though, wasnt it?

>daughter
you mean sister?
Tbh all three men are variations on a nihilistic theme

>Reading Tolstoy and Dostoevsky
You have only yourself to blame

>quiet, depressive, alcohlic wrecks who huddle around squatting and smoking and grunting without making eye contact
literally me

Hello dad

are you russian?

no im serbian

do you feel any opression in Croatia?

Communism and godlessness. The Russian Empire was a golden age.

actually I blame the end of communism for it, since the scarcity they were under went away rather fast and their anomie and depression grew too fast for them to handle

Q: Why is Serbia an Albania-tier shithole, getting left behind by every country in the Balkans

A. They think Russia is their friend

>wut went wrong
The believed (((his))) lies

A: they were bombed by US in 90s

No, that is not the reason why they are getting left in the dust in 2017.

serbs did literally nothing wrong

No, it is

Most of the croats are really nationalistic and borderline fascist especially the younger people so I got really good at hiding my nationality, I try my best to talk like like a croat and look like a croat. If they knew I was a serb I would be in a lot of trouble and put myself in danger of getting beat up by the local bydlos.

thats sad bre
do you actually so different that you need to talk and look like croat

Ekavian dialect feels more natural too me but im used to ijekavian by now, well I look like a tipical slav but I make sure to wear a croatian footbal jersey to avoid any footbal hooligans it's a perfect disguise especially when they're chanting "ubij ubij srbina!" or singing "jasenovac i gradiska stara" during the weekends and footbal derbys

wtf I hate Croatia now
you are the same people by and large
why so hate
it is what they want to do with us and ukrainians now

Yeah I agree that we're all the same shit. All the hate was started by the politicians in the late 80' and early 90' so they could have more power for themselves and get rich. They used the classic divide and conquer tactic, which proved to be quite effective.

fucking jews