So i've found a new enjoyment into metal music and stuff like it...

So i've found a new enjoyment into metal music and stuff like it. I really really enjoy breakdowns and the heavy drums and guitar, but I hate the cheesy bullshit lyrics and screaming that accompanies it most times. To be honest i'm not even sure if what i'm describing is metal exactly. Is there any metal bands out there that have a good vocalist and dont have cheesy lyrics telling me to kill myself every 5 seconds?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0FaqwGiHnIw
youtube.com/watch?v=1N1vHuhjLhs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mastodon, listen to it all
/thread

try Pagan's Mind

Trivium

This. And Gojira.

Aversions crown. A night in Texas. Thy art is murder. Shadow of intent. Angelmaker. Just to list a few, op.

Just avoid Death Metal. There's really enough variety out there. Iron Maiden would be a classic. Disturbed is more current. If you want to go senseless pirate, Alestorm is your band. Leave the realms of sanity with Gloryhammer. And so on.

Just take any of the bands listed here and go on a journey through YouTube's recommended videos, really.

between the buried and me

youtu.be/0FaqwGiHnIw
get grooving

you've never heard good death metal then fag

Pelican is instrumental and very riffy. You could try Mastodon, Gojira, maybe ISIS or Neurosis.

Turisas
Dream Theater
Epica

Metallica if you want to just sorta rock out
The first 4-5 albums are undeniably great

Megadeth if you're looking for something heavier
I recommend rust in piece that's a good album

And if you want some really heavy but melodic shit check out pantera
Some of their songs that I like are
Revolution is my name
Domination
Cowboys from hell

I could go on

Anyways those are some of the best heavy bands that aren't aimed at 14 year olds that want to kill themselves

I also like a bit of avenged sevenfold but they're a lot more poppy

Stoned Jesus
Acid King
Witch
Iah
Grand Magus
Kalmah

Ozzy fucking Osborne
Especially the first 2 albums

Go twirl your fucking ponytail in circles nigger

Demon Hunter
Becoming an Archetype

Elder

Whatever you may think that is. Challenge mode: lyrics that don't sound like indiscernible grunts or squeals.

thanks for the suggestions everyone, will be trying them out

Some of the stuff i've previously listened to had terrible lyrics, hopefully these are better

youtube.com/watch?v=1N1vHuhjLhs