DROPS SOME STACKS POPS IS GOOD
MOMMA PASS IN HOLLYWOOD
IF YOU ASK, LOST MY SOUL
DRIVING FAST, LOST CONTROL
OFF THE ROAD, JAW WAS BROKE
'MEMBER WE ALL WAS BROKE
'MEMBER I'M COMING BACK
I'LL BE TAKING ALL THE STACKS OH

Spirited Away is it's own thing, Akira is a cluster fuck of stolen ideas and bad radiation metaphors. I'm not saying it's completely without charm or passion but I'd never consider it better than Spirited Away or even mention the shit in the same breath.

Why are niggers the biggest weeaboos on Earth?

I GOT BROADS IN ATLANTA

That's kind of right. But I think Akira is waaay more ambitious.

>niggers
>ever being right

why is he such a goofball?

Kanye is whiter than 90% of the posters on this board though

Can you even compare them?

I mean yeah they're both anime but that's like comparing Home Alone 2 and The Seventh Seal because they're live action western movies

That being said, Spirited Away had better visuals, art direction, writing, etc. I loved Akira until I read the manga. Now I hate it because of how much shit they left out.

Akira is overrated as fuck. I'd give it a solid 7 or something along those lines on a scale of 10.

Ghost in the Shell and End of Eva are both wildly superior anime films. I'd even suggest Spirited Away is better.

He's opinion is acceptable. What he is doing wrong is taking "top 10 anime" lists seriously.

Of course. Spirited is a children's film

>a YouTube

You have to put Akira in his historical context. It's a groundbreaking animation film for it's time.

I used to intern at WatchMojo. They purposely make controversial top 10's because it generates more discussion and impressions than of they made a top 10 that please mostly anyone.

Holy shit.
I would totally say Kanye is the music version of Stanley Kubrick

lol no

Some say hes PTA

Hard Eight - College Dropout
Boogie Nights - Late Registration
Magnolia - Graduation
Punk Drunk Love - 808s and Heartbreak
There Will Be Blood - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
The Master - Yeezus
Inherit Vice - Life of Pablo

this image will never not make me sad. how was anime able to actually be mature and original in the 80s and not just moe-pedo-otaku shit?

Akira is pure garbage, it is only know because if its quality animation that still looks good after all these years and because its based on a source material that talks a lot about post nuke outlook of the Japanese people. since non of that is in the movie we just get a street rat that goes crazy and his old "pal" who does shit because he is into a girl that looks like a man.

>ambitious
That does not = good. end result is all that matters

Yeah fellow Sup Forumseddito brother
what happened to our cartoons??

retards pls stop

where did it go sooo wrong

Spirited Away is pure garbage, it is only know because if its quality animation that still looks good after all these years

Kill yourself
These comparisons have been made long before you even found the site

>how was anime able to actually be mature and original in the 80s and not just moe-pedo-otaku shit
confirmed for not knowing shit about anime. Why don't you keep your mouth shut on subjects you don't know about? Im legit curious as to what compels you to speak

HAHAHAHAHA
IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE HE'S A NIGGER AND NIGGERS DON'T NORMALLY LIKE ANIME
MAN WHAT A QUIRKY PERSONALITY THAT NIGGER HAS
NEVER SEEN A NIGGER LIKE ANIME BEFORE HAHAHA
MAN HE'S JUST LIKE US WHAT A NERD!
HAHAHA DANCE FOR ME MORE NIGGER LET ME THROW PEANUTS AT YOU FUCKING MONKEY
DANCE
DANCE FOR THE GOOD PEOPLE YOU MONKEY

There is literally nothing wrong with liking to watch and draw pretty animated girls.

what are you trying to prove with one example? are you suggesting anime is more or just as mature now as it was in the 80s? are you suggesting there hasnt been an influx of little girl/slice of life/harem otaku anime? i think you might be retarded

nice nitpicking you have there friend

spirited away has a complete cohesive story, with subject matter that has distraction

see you have low IQ if you can't see it my friend.

Why should anyone know shit about anime? It's either mechs, ninjas or magical school girls. That's all you need to know to avoid it like the cancer that it is.

Yes. Spirited Away isn't even Miyazaki's best.

Akira vs Porco Rosso, now there's a debate...

You are right. But I think that you (for example) consider Spirited Away way better than Akira because what the first does, it does it really good. Even though the film aims for much less than Akira. And Akira is obviously less cohesive or "complete" because it aims higher.
I hope what I'm saying makes sense jajaja

retards have been saying retarded things forever. what does that have to do with how idiotic you and your opinions are? lol

>distraction
direction
also non of those are arguments FOR akira.

Please tell me that is fake.

If it's real then I just agreed with Kanye about something.

I feel sick.

Wow you convinced me

If Spirited Away looked like shit it would still be exactly as beloved I'm glad you came to such a reasonable conclusion

>hurr dont insult my pedophile anime
kill yourself degenerate

>Porco Rosso
Good taste.

I never saw the big fuss about Spirited Away. It looks beautiful. The plot is thing as fuck and the "climax" is what trying to find the pigs with a tophat and glasses, I can't remember. I remember watching the film and feeling like I feel for an Oscar meme

This
you mean the truth? Yes the amount of little girl/slice of life/harem otaku anime is up but so is the overall output

>comparing Kanye, a musical egotist genius who infuses his music with political, economic and social commentary and a wallop of emotion to the human robot and a hack who wants to be three different and better directors at all times

>literal cuck
>patrician taste
>whiter than most whites

Dare I day, he is /our guy/?

He's not only talented but also has a good cultural baggage

Are you 4-5 seconds from wildin'?

It's crap. Maybe 5/10. It has good animation but the setting is very typical of anime fantasy and the characters are the embodiment of that.

if thats incorrect how come all popular anime from the 80s wasnt pedo bait but now literally all anime is? i dont understand but i can tell youre mad

>emotion to the human robot
So hes kubrick?

What you say could be true but since you don't know for sure because you "avoid the cancer " then you should not speak as if you actually know. its like writing reviews on movies you heard about second hand.

What's the deal with niggers and anime?

>Kanye
>tweeting about something other than himself
It has to be fake senpai

>nitpicking

Or maybe I've watched just enough when I was younger to avoid it like cancer.

LOOK AT HOW QUIRKY THEY ARE
BET YOU NEVER SEEN A NIGGER WHO LIKES ANIME
GUESS NIGGERS ARE HUMAN AFTER ALL
LOOK AT THE NIGGER DANCE FOR OUR AMUSEMENT
HAHAHAHA DANCE NIGGER DANCE

I dare say people who spam cuck and "cunny" threads have more refined taste than the cretins in this thread. Kubrick and PTA as the be all end all of cinema? Sounds about right for Sup Forums 2016, there is a reason why everybody laughs at this board. Posters just like you are that reason.

Why don't you go off and pretend you have taste because you like Tarkovsky or Lynch so those of us who actually like cinema can have a good fucking laugh at your adorable attempts.

The artist of that fan art is obsessed with that character.

You picked two of the best anime of the last years and two old anime that show girl nudity. Than you jumped to conclusions made up on your silly premises.

I'm not gonna answer your post anymore because you don't have an argument, your just baiting for (you).

Kubrick's movies are mechanically precise and absolutely devoid of any human emotion
They're the equivalent of a robot going "And this is how one would react to the situation" if they react at all

he's long gone mentally but he used to

its not the truth. you just blindly defend your child fucker simulators because youre a piece of otaku garbage. thanks for killing the industry faggot. i guess when a studio head says they have to pander to pedophiles like you hes just joking around, right?

it makes sense but aiming higher does not make something good. most of the time bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

Anime have never been Oscar bait material.

Which Kon movie should have been awarded an Oscar instead of Spirited Away?

>absolutely devoid of any human emotion

You're a fucking retard. This is genuinely one of the most incorrect things I have ever read. Please explain Clockwork Orange then.

>You picked two of the best anime of the last years and two old anime
lol what the fuck are you even talking about? are you insane? youve invented an imaginary conversation you dumb degenerate

He is right. Miyazaki films are overrated anyways. I imagine he watched a Mojo top 10. I saw their top 10 Japanese films, not anime films but Japanese films in general. Fucking 5 spots were Miyazaki films. Are you shitting me?

ejumpcut.org/archive/jc51.2009/SpiritedAway/

This is the post you are defending:

That's it's devoid of any human compassion or emotion and a masturbatory violent fantasy pretending to be a satire

lmao this is what happens when pedo otaku talk film. go back to your containment board

The one where he aped lynch, disney comic strips, parajanov and tarkovskij whilst turning it into high school tier dogshit videogame players could understand

Whats it called again? Paprikas perfect memories of grandfathers paranoia?? its one of them

So which Ghibli film is the best and why is it Princess Mononoke?

Most patricians here agree. It is only those with no cinematic knowledge or taste of their own that don't/

Laputa, it's LITERALLY the perfect adventure movie.

what in the fuck are you talking about? no i didnt. i know you fucking losers have brain problems but holy shit. just kill yourself already so you can go be with your lolis

by patricians do you mean 14 year olds?

>That's it's devoid of any human compassion or emotion

Right. Alex isn't extremely confident and proud. The writer doesn't feel emasculated and huniliated by watching four young men rape his wife to death in front of him. The truancy officer doesn't feel disappointment and anger at Alex, the writer doesn't have a conniption realizing the man who killed his wife is in his house.

What the fuck are you doing? Don't you ever think before you post?

>it's a Sup Forumseddit tries to explain that violence is adult content episode

embarrassing!

nope
they're both great films but the akira film is flawed, mainly because it only adapted the first two chapters of the manga and then just kinda jumped to the ending and it didn't work so great
spirited away is goddamn perfect

1/10
>now literally all anime is
That is incorrect. Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu came out last season. This season had 91 Days ,Arslan Senki ,Alderamin on the Sky, handa-kun ,etc There is something every season that even the casuals like

People with taste

It's Princess Mononoke because it encloses all the themes of Myiazaki narrative without pandering to children.

>Alex the mean robot does mean things for meanness' sake
>writer gets fucked over, he wants revenge, my computer dictates that his lines and his actions will be done with the same robotic venom as Alex's
>the truancy officer, representing the system, will read his lines with no emotion as well
>I will also shoot all of this perfectly framed and angled to symmetry and color coordination from a distance with the same intensity as one watching a minor operation

>tfw thought it was going to be a nice and fun classic Sup Forums kanye west thread
>they come in and ruin it
WHEN WILL THEY LEAVE

because nothing new has come out since you were young. because you had perfect understanding of everything when you were young. because you watched stuff you had access to (most likely dubbed) instead of looking for good titles usually not found on some 9gagers top anime list

You're not convincing anybody. You wasted your time writing that.

Spirited Away is disney tier shit so of course casuals will like it more than teenage pandering Akira

trips confirms

Recommend something that doesn't fall under those categories then.

Take points off for fan service and whoa look how much blood so mature anime isn't a cartoon

oh you mean how you pick multimillion productions and pin them against tv shows with shoestring budget? you mean how you pretend that 80s did not make angel cop or numerous other drivel. industry did not get worse, you have a skewed perception of it

Go back to thinking that PTA, Kubrick, Innarritu and Tarantino are all good directors, buddy