I showed my 14 year old brother this album & he really got into it. Got any recs for a kid?

I showed my 14 year old brother this album & he really got into it. Got any recs for a kid?

Maybe their demos

If he liked Bungle, maybe show him some of Patton's other projects. Also, Tool.

this was also my favorite album @ that age

I also liked california and the first gorillaz album

14 is literally the same age i was when a guy from school got me into mr bungle and a bunch of other stuff

ofc that was a fucking decade ago but gimme a sec and i'll cast my mind back and see what i can remember

Korn ST and Faith No More are good shit to chase Mr Bungle with

other patton projects, estradasphere, sleepytime gorilla museum, acid rain/idiot flesh....

i think that's all the stuff i can remember that falls along that particular axis of 'wackiness' off the top of my head

oh, and maybe secret chiefs 3? but i've never listened to them, nevermind coming from a 14 year old perspective

he already knows tool. He's a pleb but not that much of a pleb

sorry if it looked like a list like that, it's meant to br like

other patton projects (eg faith no more, fantomas, his solo stuff) [comma] another band [comma] another band etc

Sorry I didn't delete fast enough

idk why this album is so slept on, clint mansell is insane

Tell him to ask the guy in public who holds his spork up

As someone who listened to secret chiefs 3 as a 14 year old it wasn't 50% good music 50% what the fuck am I listening to.

How about Primus or Butthole Surfers?

Primus yes, Butthole Surfers no

just checking sleepytime gorilla museum now, and fuck that's a great rec for Bungle. Thanks, if the kid doesn't like it I already do.

Pic related of course.

Sorry

He knows primus but now that I think on it, I don't think he's digested a full album. Thanks for the rec that's a great one

This one's a lot of fun.

Are you me?

I'm me.

hit him up with some Ween

Well if he likes Mr Bungle he'd probably be a fan of more maximalist music like Animal Collective, Hella, Dan Caballero, Battles etc.