Story Time!

Story Time!
RULES:
1. First come, first serve.
2. No fun allowed.
3. Choose actual options.

Context can be found at angelinteractivestories tumblr com/Lauren-And-user

The boss of Coffee of Doom has recorded what you heard, taken your signature. He's ushering you out of the room now, thanking you for your time. Katie meets you outside, thanking you profusely. You assure her it's no big deal, you just want to catch the scumbag. Hanni has seemingly already left. Lauren is sitting at a nearby table. As is WIll. Guess he took your advice after all.

CHOICES:
>Talk to Lauren.
>Talk to Will.
>Leave and go home.

Leave & Go home, we've already got Hanni and Lauren is fine with Will anyway now.

You go to walk out of the door, catching Lauren giving you a small wave. You smile and wave back, leaving. On the way to the apartment, about five minutes, you pass by Adam who seems to be leaving. "Oh hey man, we're having another party for New Years. You want to come?"

CHOICES:
>Sure.
>No thanks.

Sure.

Lauren probably talked to "Hanni" and that's why Hanni isn't there.

Probably not a good idea to ignore her at this point. Or we'll have another Samantha and we didn't even get to fuck this one.

"Sure, sounds fun."

"Awesome, see you there man!" He claps your shoulder as he passes, continuing on his way. Your phone dings when you enter the elevator. Checking it is a text from Lauren. 'Rude ;p'

CHOICES:
>Sorry, busy day.
>What?
>And?

Sorry, busy day.

'Sorry, busy day is all.'

'Sure it is. What was Kevin talking to you about?' You decide to tell her nothing. If it ever does come down to calling the police she'll find out herself then.

Inside your apartment you sit down on the couch trying to decide what to do with the rest of your day.

CHOICES:
>Just read.
>Play some games.
>Watch TV.

Watch TV.

Just read.

That's a good choice. I wanted to see what would happen if we read for a bit.

I've got it in my head that our guy doesn't actually like games for some reason. Or at least, he's avoiding them ever since Remus and Lauren bonded over them. That could be why he doesn't play much these days.

Just picked it because we might get something random on the TV. Pretty shitty with our relationship with Lauren after the necklace we bought for her.

Honestly, that was a pretty hasty decision made by really thirsty Anons.

But it still makes sense given his mental state at the time. He wanted to do something to change his life after Samantha dumped him and that was an impulsive choice that he probably regrets now.

At least, that's how I headcanon it.

Guess but we've also met Hanni what's being good for him through Lauren so that's something we've got out of it all that's working well for him.

You pick up the romance novel you bought the other day and try to get yourself into it again. You don't exactly enjoy it but you read it anyway. It doesn't hurt to expand your knowledge and base further. Within three hours you have finished the book actually. You had somehow managed to get yourself into it afterall, enjoyed it thoroughly. Now it's time for dinner.

CHOICES:
>Frozen dinner.
>Go get a hamburger.

Burg.

Guess its reading, I'm fine either way though.

Hamburger.

You go for a hamburger, the nearest place is MacDunalds. It'd have to do. Something cheap, start saving up for that loan repayment. Sitting down with it you reflect on the day and... Lose yourself.

Samantha had done some fucked up shit before, and you'd heard the rumors. But you'd never believed them. Was she actually like that? And Lauren was being oddly more talkative to you. She had avoided you for days after the party and suddenly...

CHOICES:
>Did Hanni tell her?
>Maybe she's realizing what happened.
>Reflect further on Samantha.

Did Hanni tell her?

Did Hanni tell her, we need to sort this out.

My bad about reading, I didn't see your TV response was a bit distracted.

With how she was being you begin to wonder if Hanni had told her what was happening between you two. But if she had, it serves to wonder why would she start showing more interest in you now that Hanni was going after you? Was she just keeping you on the side as a toy she could return to before...?

CHOICES:
>No way.
>Maybe...
>Definitely.

Maybe...

...she's sucking all the dicks!

No problem, both options I'd be fine with tbh.

Maybe.

Maybe. Maybe she was. It hurts that it was a possibility. It hurts worse it's the only logical explanation. But you'd have to ask her personally to actually find out. What an awkward situation that would be.

You slowly eat through your burger and fries, leaving you there thinking. You notice a presence sitting next to you that hadn't been there before.

CHOICES:
>Glance to the side.
>Turn to face them.

Turn to face them.

You turn to face the presence, finding Remus staring at you with a small smile. "Hello there friend, didn't expect to see you here." You nod and debate if it was worth it to be an asshole and just leave. "I think I need to apologize."

CHOICES:
>For?
>Oh?
>...

>What an awkward situation that would be.

Not necessarily. "Hey, were you fucking with me? Well, I'm going to go be with Hanni now."

No harm, no foul.

For?

For.

"For?" His smile fades now. He's facing you fully. A single finger moves to adjust his glasses with a small sigh. He must not have to apologize for anything much with how much this seems to be hurting him.

"I've been extremely too pushy lately. It's just.." You wait for him to continue. "In all honesty, I just wanted to fuck with you. But I see I took it a bit far if you're actively avoiding me."

CHOICES:
>It's fine.
>Well you succeeded.
>Forgive him.

Don't know if be nice or not because we still have a debt with him. Take over this part.

It's fine.

I'm just going by what I'd do in the situation.

There's no reason not to make peace even with the guy who fucks with you. If he keeps it up after making peace though, then he can go get fucked.

I just want this guy to hurry up and get our debt done before he tries digging up dirt to ruin us with Hanni in exchange for the debt.

"It's fine." You go to stand and he does so as well. You glance at him and he shrugs. "I'll have a payment for you soon." A small understandable nod as you walk away. Your outside now and your phone dings. Checking it finds a text from Remus. 'How has she been, I haven't seen her lately.'

CHOICES:
>I don't know.
>She's fine.
>I can't say.

tumblr fag get off my board!!!!!!!!!

Consolation Picture

Well, he seems sorry to me. That might be a ploy but we haven't given him a chance to not be a shit before now so I'll see what happens this time.

Plus, we just have to give him money, I think. If he starts trying to get in the way with Hanni he's fucking dead though.

I can't say.

'Can't say.' Another text back.

'Por Que?'

'She's been a bit weird to me lately.' You leave it at that, ignoring any other texts that may come in. You return home, stepping inside and into bed. You HAD to make it to work tomorrow.

CHOICES:
>Dream wacky.
>Dream serious.
>Just don't.

Wacky.

This might be fun.

It might also be fucked up.

But it's the choice I made.

You find yourself on a large, green slimy pillar in the middle of the ocean. There's a squid slowly climbing up the pillar for you. It's screeching with such ferocity, it's tentacles beginning to peek over the top now. You try to run, your feet are rooted. You try to scream, your lips won't budge. The tentacle slams down on you from above, shoving you into the pillar. Inside you find yourself oddly serene. A voice in your head 'You will have to do.'

CHOICES:
>For what?
>Who are you?
>What is this?

For what?

For what

I like where this is going desu.

"For what?" The oozing voice chuckles. At this point you realize it isn't speaking, but is projecting straight into your mind. It's sound is best described as a smoker's lungs who grew their own vocal chords and are currently dealing with a horrid case of bronchitis.

"When you awake next you will know your purpose."

...You wake up in your bed in a cold sweat.

CHOICES:
>Get breakfast.
>Take a shower.
>Go to work, get away from here.

Shower.

Don't want to be sweaty all day.

Good idea and always nice to get yourself all clean and smelling good.

You throw yourself into the shower. Unfortunately you take longer than normal and you have to go to work hungry. You find the dream lingering in your head. What was that voice? What was it talking about? Was it even directed at you, or was it a vision of another world? You suppose only time could tell.

You're at work..

CHOICES:
>Do your best!
>Go through the motions.
>Be lazy.

Do your best.

Go through the motions.

Not because we're depressed but because we're not the fucking loser who does our best at a job like this.

You don't like putting effort into your work?

Why? It doesn't make a difference, considering what we do.

This isn't a job that we love or anything, we just need money.

If it makes a difference, sure. But it won't in this case.

You do your best, volunteering yourself where you aren't necessarily needed. You help your fellow employees even though most of them don't really seem like they need help. Boss seems to take notice of it and congratulates you at the end of your shift, also thanking you for working so hard. It makes you feel good. She even says don't worry about yesterday.

CHOICES:
>Check your phone.
>To CoD.
>To the Park.

Check the phone.

Check the phone.

You check your phone. A text from Lauren, asking if you already got an invite to the New Years Party. You tell her that you did, she texts you again saying she hopes to see you there. Should you confront her right now?

CHOICES:
>Meet me at Coffee of Doom
>Meet me at the Park.
>Don't text.

Meet me at the Park.

'Meet me at the park.'

'Sure. I'll be there in a moment.' You take off on a walk, wondering if you'll beat her there It only takes you about ten minutes before you are at the Signature Bench.

CHOICES:
>Wait patiently.
>Text her you're there.

She's gonna try play us.

Text her

Wait patiently.

Why? I don't want to give her any warning.

So she knows we're there and not gonna ditch her in-case she tries it.

She'll know we're there when she sees us.

Now that she knows we're there she can arrange some sort of trick like bringing Hanni with her or something.

Oh well, she also knows she can't run away if she's planning on settling anything.

You text her letting her know you are there and waiting. Within moments she sits down next to you, beaming brightly and widely. "What's up?"

CHOICES:
>What are we?
>Have you been avoiding me?
>Hey.

What are we?

Same reply I was about to do. Time to get this straight now.

You take a deep breath, look her straight in the eyes. "What are we?" She cocks her head to the side, the smile fading.

"I don't know? Humans, I guess."

CHOICES:
>Funny. For real.
>Our relationship. Are we friends, or?

Our relationship. Are we friends, or?

Are you sucking all the dicks, Lauren? You can just tell me.

I feel bad that this is probably how the friendship with Lauren is going to end.

A friendship doesn't have to end here but we have to tell her that we think we have feelings for Hanni.

Or we're a scumbag.

I know but I doubt she'll be normal if we're dating her friend while she weirdly wants us.

"Our relationship. Are we friends? Interests? What?"

She visibly shifts, turning her body away from you. "Well."

"Just spit it out. I want to know." Now it's her turn to take a deep breath. Her thumbs are twiddling.

"I don't know."

CHOICES:
>Then why did I buy the necklace?
>Why don't you?

Why don't you?

"Why don't you?" She ruffles slightly, biting her lip angrily.

"I was interested in you. But I was scared because of all the stuff Sam had been saying." Of. Fucking. Course. "And then you met Hannelore, she started talking about you..." You stay silent, looking down at your feet. "She saw a wonderful person in you. A side of you I think I'd never see because I've never seen a side like that in anyone. So I. Took you on a date to try and see it. I didn't. I saw a guy too nice for his own good who didn't know what he wanted in me, or in life. A guy depressed beyond belief. But I definitely didn't see what Samantha had described."

CHOICES:
>Stay silent.
>Look the opposite way.

Look the opposite way.

Looks like she can hopefully be our friend still.

Women can still stab you in the back, even after a moment like this.

We won't truly know until she sees us with Hanni.

You turn and look the opposite way. You didn't know how you'd react if she continued. "And when I saw that depression, I knew I couldn't handle it. You done your best to hide it, but it seeped out. It wasn't... It isn't something I can handle. I got scared. The most serious relationship I've ever had is with my roommate, and we're just roommates! I get terrified just seeing him be sad. Then seeing your.. So I tried to start avoiding you. Then I realized that was wrong, so I decided it would be better to start texting you. At the very least I want to be friends with you. I adore you. You're so generous, you're a great guy. Hell, you bought a random girl a necklace because she liked it so much." You honestly don't know how to react, or even what to say. "I'd love to be your friend. I /want/ to be your friend. But I can't be anything more than that. I'm sorry."

CHOICES:
>Hug her.
>Offer her your hand.
>Smile.

Smile.

Smile.

This is how it should be now.

You smile. A bright smile. A smile you're surprised came to your face. "Thank you for being honest, Lauren." She smiles back and nods. A small tear is forming in the corner of her eye. "I'd love to be your friend, you seem like a great person to." She reaches forward to hug you, patting your back. Awkwardly you hug her back before she pulls away a moment later.

"I'm glad you understand." You nod. "So.. How have you and Hanni been?"

CHOICES:
>Tell her about the date.
>We've been good. Things are going... Good.

Tell her about the date.

>those 2 Dva
Splendid pics OP.

"They've been good! We went on a date the other night. It was so fun. I feel like I really had a chance to be myself. Not who I have been, y'know?" She's smiling still, nodding enthusiastically. "...She told me about what Samantha has been saying about me after."

"I know, she told me. You can skip over that."

"That's why I said what I did to her the next day. But it's been great." She smiles and pats your hand, going to stand.

"That's great. I have to go, unfortunately, but I'm glad things are looking up. Just... Try and get help for the depression. I know it's gone now, but it can sneak back into you even if you're with someone happy." You know she's right. But that's something you'll have to tackle later. There's a few more things you have to worry about first.

CHOICES:
>Go to Coffee of Doom.
>Go home.
>See if Will is around.

Go coffee of doom.

You go to Coffee of Doom and stop just short of the door. Something wasn't right. Looking in you see Katie is at the counter alone, the guy from before leaning across it. You can't see either of his hands.

CHOICES:
>Enter slowly.
>Barge in, loudly.

Enter slowly, we don't need to cause a scene that might get us in trouble with the cops.

Oh boy, we should've just went home.

Yep, sorry user.

You enter in slowly, doing your best not to dingle the bell by sliding in through the crack. Katie's eyes glance to you, filled with panic. Now that you're inside you see his left hand has a wicked knife in it and is close to her neck. He doesn't seem to have noticed she glanced to you, or that you managed to sneak in by a hair. Had the cops already been called?

CHOICES:
>Approach slowly, and as silently as you can.
>Approach quickly.
>Announce your presence to try and scare him away from her.

Still, I would've gone in pretty loud.

If he knows he's not alone, he's less likely to...

We don't know if he's got a knife or weapon though.

Quickly.

We don't?

You approach as quickly as you're comfortable doing so, running what you're going to do in your mind. Grab by the shoulders. Pull straight back and down so he can't hurt her. Landing against the ground so hard will stun him which will let you get the knife away. Katie can call for help... Where was Hanni and Kevin?

You grab him by the shoulders, he's younger than you and is skinny as hell so he shouldn't offer too much resistance. You yank back as hard as you can, also slamming down toward the floor. He yelps and loses balance, slamming down to the ground with a large oomph.

CHOICES:
>Wrench the knife away.
>Slam your foot on the hand with the knife.
>Pin him.