Anyone here on intermittent fasting? I started doing the 16:8 but now I'm eating only once a day for 2 weeks...

Anyone here on intermittent fasting? I started doing the 16:8 but now I'm eating only once a day for 2 weeks. Trying to do for a couple months until I see some six-packs.
Any experiences to share?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>/fit/

Dunno.
Once a day seems a bit extreme if you start with that.
2 times works just fine. Lets say 3pm and 8pm.

I'm on my 14th day of the master cleanse. Drinking nothing but water, maple syrup, cayenne and lemon juice. Planning to go another week then slowly introducing real food til I can eat normally by the 26th.

I've done the cleanse many times before, twice for 40 days. One time during the 40 days over the holidays. That took some discipline.

How many kilos do you lose? Do you work/study during those fasts?

intermittent is pussy shit. I fasted for about 5 days a week and ate korean bbq on weekends. Dropped from 280 to 168 now. the only downside is that im currently bulimic

I hate eating. The greatest invention we don't have is bachelor chow.

that's not how it works shithead.

eat 6 days fast one.

Faggot.

jeez tiny downside, think i'll stick to the pussy shit

thats for the weak. Nothing feels better than feeling exhausted from lack of nutrients. Fast as many days as you can handle then towards eating big on a day.

If you don't eat enough your muscles will cannibalize themselves and you'll lose mass

Yea it was easier for me to fast when i was at uni since i was so busy with grades hunger didnt bother me too much. Since its summer now i get wayy to many chances to eat so i have to crowd control somehow. But when class starts again ill go back to my old schedule

There's soylent

I eat once every 48 hours.

The point is that intermittent fasting is seem not be be unhealthy if you do it right.
Longer fasting is.

With longer fasting you start losing muscles, you do not get enough nutrients during fast and you develop eating disorders if you are unlucky.

If you do it right, you don't lose anything you need. You don't waste muscle tissue and you boost your metabolism so any pudge gets burnt off quick.

I'd say I lost 5 kilos but most of that was shit and mucous. Haven't had anything solid in 2 weeks and i'm still shitting out rubber ropes. But goddamn, my energy levels are up. I'm thinking more clearly. I'm able to sleep all the way through the night. Totally worth it.

I plan to return to my usual raw vegan diet. I'm around 85 kilos or 185-190 lbs. I'm fit, I surf big waves and in general good health.

Funny you should ask. Apparently the best way in every regard is a straight up water fast. And it needs to be longer than 3 days.

There was an obese man that water fasted (with a daily multi vitamin) for a year.

youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0

I've done it and I liked it. I didn't move to one meal, but I did reduce my snack to about a couple eggs or some chicken around 3PM, and a huge dinner of eggs, chicken, and rice around 9PM.

Helps a lot to avoid hunger during the day, and think about food way less.

What the literal fuck.

Why are you essentially fasting with nothing but maple syrup for actual caloric content? That is literally the most absurd diet I've ever heard of.

You don't even have any protein. I would expect you to lose a lot of muscle mass with any kind of real deficit with that.

If you really want to lose weight quickly, you can do a protein-spared modified fast, and just eat about 200 grams of protein worth of chicken or egg whites a day, but even that you don't want to do for more than about ten days at a time.

If you're not lying and you are actually fit, either you're exaggerating about yourself, or you got fit in spite of your diet rather than because of it.

As I stated, this is a cleanse. Not doing this to lose weight, but it's a pleasant side effect when you're eliminating the stuff clinging to the insides of your guts.

When I return to solid foods I'm ruling out any animal based proteins and sticking with sesame seeds, chickpeas, black (emperor) rice, broccoli and other sources for protein.

So let me get this straight. You'd be literally eating 2000-3000 calories worth of maple syrup each day for this.

It's around 1600 calories. 2 cups. During the day I'm doing 5 reps of 20 diamond pushups with my legs elevated on my yoga ball, 10 min on my ab roller, and 10 min of bicycle crunches.

All that in between making mad dashes to the toilet shitting out food from past lives. I think I might've seen the box of crayons I ate when I was 3.

>14th day of the master cleanse

pro tip: "the master cleanse" was originally called the "purification rundown" and was invented by L.Ron Hubbard and has no health benefits whatsoever.

The "purif" had nothing to do with Stanley Burroughs master cleanse. Hubbard was peddling his pills along with the other research he borrowed from things he learned. That crazy bastard was extremely well-read, but not a goddamn thing was original.