Kanye himself aside, what do you think of his music?

Kanye himself aside, what do you think of his music?

Pop garbage . The only reason people like him is because he's a fucking lunatic.

He's my favourite modern rapper.

His music?
I kinda failed to see his work among hundreds of producers mentioned on each of his records

>yeezus
>pop garbage
ayy

one of the best nowadays and gets to fuck the bitch of kim anytime

Up until TLOP, he's never put out filler tracks. Best and most consistent albums(holistic) of any hip hop artist.

That's like claiming Lou Reed is noise musican cause of Metal Machine Music

Kanye is a pop artist, deal with it

Imagine being this much of a pleb?

Fuck you BlueAnon though, patrician my anal kanye

On the topic of Kanye, can we all agree that Yeezus is his most replayable album? I can't even lift anymore without listening to it.

I respect his unwillingness to repeat himself this far into his career but I do think there's a limit to his talent and he's overstepped that boundary on his last two, with MBDTF standing at the line on its tiptoes and staring over the edge. After his first 4 albums though I don't think he needs to prove anything to anyone though, he was a leading force in hip hop throughout the 00s. A fine legacy in its own right, and MBDTF could've been him sending off on a high note.

I respect your opinion, but I can't understand not liking Yeezus, or if not enjoying it, appreciating it on the level of his other work.
I for one think it's his best album

>yeezus
>not pop garbage

at least four producers and six writers apart from Kanye on each track, what a talent he is amarite

not him but Yeezus will be just like wine, the older the better.

Yeezus really just rubs me the wrong way. Kanye played up this hedonistic, yet manic depressive angle on MBDTF and to me Yeezus is just him trying too hard to one-up it. Oh sure, there are moments I enjoy like On Sight's distorted as all fuck synths (and the tonal dissonance of that sample), New Slaves' aggressive narrative or the first verse of I Am A God probably being the album's best verse overall, but as a whole I just felt it was trying too hard to be artsy and abrasive for the sake of it. Songs like I'm In It, Send It Up and Bound 2 all have a somewhat unconventional angle to them but nothing that strikes me as actually pleasant or substantial. Honestly, I wished the album had more songs like On Sight or, to look beyond to TLOP, Feedback and Freestyle 4. That was the kind of balls to the wall aggression I expected from Yeezus but it just fell short of that intrigue for me. And on the subject of TLOP, I think its best moments surpass that of Yeezus quite handily but at about 2/3rds filler it's way too scattershot.

>baby's first alternative hop

TLOP definitely does have some crazy highs. No More Parties in LA is one of Kanye's best tracks

eh

He's a relic of the past decade.
The only reason he's liked by white indie critics (and therefore Sup Forums) is because his material dropped during the heydey of crunk and whatever the fuck Nelly/Ja Rule were, so he was understandably a breath of fresh air at the time. Pitchfork always rode his dick but when MBDTF was released they cynically leveraged that to re-brand their site and keep it profitable. He's the negro Arcade Fire. Sup Forums being young, dumb, and impressionable took it at face value of course.

Hip-hop is so much better this decade (maybe largely thanks to Kanye, who knows) but there's no reason to keep pretending to like the man himself. It's just as embarrassing as claiming to like, uh, Arcade Fire in 2017. NPR rap.

You're right. It's Death Grips rip-off garbage, which is worse than pop garbage.

What if he is my genuine 2nd favorite artist, and I think all his albums are 7/10+?

What's wrong with genuinely enjoying Kanye?

Trash pop