What's there not to like about me? I'm funny

What's there not to like about me? I'm funny

you're a rat-faced whiny liberal fuck

Build a wall

can't argue with that
he ain't pretty, but he is funny

Sup Forums just doesn't like him because he makes fun of Trump and conservatives have no sense of humor.

Dunno why people think he's so liberal, a lot of the stuff on his show is pretty apolitical.

He's not even reportedly whiney. He laughs at himself even more than you do. He seems to be a pretty good sport, actually.

literally watching the new episode right now on hulu.

i watch him not because hes funny, but because the politics align with my own politics.

isnt that why we all prefer watching things over others in the first place?

>a lot of the stuff on his show is pretty apolitical.
no dude.
hes super left/liberal

its definitely taking sides here.

Well no wonder you're retarded. You get your news from comedians.

How's the family?

The Dynamic Duo
>need to have a laughing track after every sentence because that somehow=valid point
>surely their not trying to brainwash by acting smart and sophisticated which gives the viewer reassurance of how right they must be on a subject matter

Bunch of shills

I don't trust anyone that makes $30k a day

they act smart, therefore they're wrong?
gonna need more. you don't have to green sext it.

You're an actor and they try portraying you as a journalist

What's a jew?

How can I green sext it? I'm confused, do I need to provide a picture of my gaping asshole or something of the sort

I still don't get how he is funny. Can someone write down a line by line joke by him that makes you laugh?

if that's how you sext, yes. please :)

I like him.

Surprisingly I'm able to enjoy comedy for what it is without getting upset that he disagrees with our godking

>john oliver
>comedy
Pick one

why don't you marry him if you love him so damn much

That's your opinion.

He didn't get to where he is by being stoic and unfunny.

Some of the material can be entertaining. Problem is its often delivered in a smarmy pretentious manor.

I don't care much for the smarter than everyone sounding shit. Really just needs to tone down some of that and I could tolerate when people try and get me to watch some of his clips.

The rhetoric of butthurt neo-gnazi's that when they can't win an debate by reason, they just shitpost and drive into a counter-protest rally

John Oliver type shows are comfort food. That is all. Whenever they try to have an impact or meme, it falls flat. As comfort food tv is rooted is sweet, sweet lies.

The "Drumpf" meme failed because the idea was "Trump is only winning because of kewl brand. Let's make it unkewl." While liberals ate it up, it had no impact.

Trump was winning because he was addressing issues that were ignored by regular politicians. But admitting to that would give him legitimacy. And then it wouldn't be comfort food anymore.

This is why these shows will be forever popular with liberals with high ratings. But won't impact the world in any real way.

What if I told you you could enjoy something for the content without it aligning with your political views.

>Whenever they try to have an impact
That is what I was looking for. Try hard. Way too much of a try hard, wanna be superior, style for me.

Yeah I agree, he's almost as funny as her "ALMOST" no one can beat that level of humor

I like Last Week Tonight, like the Daily Show before it, because while they have a bias, they don't try to mask it. They are comedic, and present the news, but i don't have to guess at slanted reporting, its extremely clear what is and isn't 100% factual, because they make it funny.

Good argument

Exactly.

Most people don't realize it is a comedy show, not necessarily news. Anyone that takes it as such is a fool, and those upset by what he says are even more foolish.

Once it disalines with your views you'll see all the underhanded tactics they use on a daily basis. I quite enjoy the topics that basically no one would think is ok, politician voting fraud comes to mind, but once you start looking for cracks in how they portray things it's pretty bad.

No but usually when someone memes his opinions / try to be too witty / appeal to emotions it means he's opinions are bullshit and he tries to hide different fallacies behind a wall of humour (or other emotions).

A sound, valid opinion can be explained without those cosmetic or appealing to emotions. A good argument can be explained with logic.

The daily show/colbert report/last week tonight, they're all entertainment first. It's not meant to be your source for news. They take noteworthy stories and make comedy out of it.