How does early 2000's capeshit compare to modern capeshit (Guardians of the Galaxy, Deadpool, Avengers...

How does early 2000's capeshit compare to modern capeshit (Guardians of the Galaxy, Deadpool, Avengers, Amazing Spiderman)? Is it better or worse?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TZ_42Ce-WCE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't know. Ask the 12 year olds they were made for

Spider-man 1 and 2, X-men 1 and 2, Blade 1 and 2, and Batman Begins and TDK are the cream of the capeshit crop.

Reminder that Unbreakable is the best capeshit movie.

It's fairly equal

On the good side you had raimis spiderman, the first 2 x men while on the bad side you have fantastic four x men 3, and elektra and daredevil

There's still shit today like the Webb Spider-Man's, Thor 2, fantastic four, etc

to comericall, thats why you cant have lore shit anymore, just look at tdkr
in the comics bane was completely different, venom and shit

comerciall fuck

Spiderman 1 and 2 are the best capeshite period

I'm part of the very small minority that liked Superman Returns, and pretty disappointed in not getting a sequel.

X-Men
Punisher & Punisher War Zone
Spider Man Trilogy
Ghost Rider & Ghost Rider 2
Blade & Blade 2

the true capekino

I feel your pain. I liked it too.

Superman Returns Again

Idk I dvr'd it, hope it's good

Overall there was more shit than good stuff

A lot of them were "bad" but at least they were all enjoyable

I can't even enjoy post-2008 Capeshit since it just looks unappealing to me but I loved early 2000 Capeshit, I wonder why that is?

>Spiderman 1&2
>Batman 1989, Returns
>Blade 1&2
>Xmen 1&2

True Capekino

>Ang Lee's Hulk not listed.

I didn't hate it. It's for sure one of the weaker capeshit movies but at least it wasn't excruciatingly boring like the new Superman flicks

Early 2000's had a comic book feel to them. It felt like the pages came to life because they didn't take themselves too seriously.
Now it's all grimdark and dramatic, which kills the childhood tone of what superheroes are about. Even the darker ones like Punisher and Blade, had a nonsensical air to them.

>it wasn't excruciatingly boring like the new Superman flicks
ultimate pleb

>not Wes Craven's Swamp Thing

Lol nice try kiddo.

I wouldn't say the new Superman films are boring. Just God awful story telling and poor use of its side characters. Superman Returns lacked action but it had a pretty good story, plus I'd have Kevin Spaceys Lex Luthor over Jesse's bumbling mumbling over dramatic performance any day.

Worse.
The standards for capeshit has risen dramatically.

Only The Dark Knight and Batman Begins can compete.

>The standards for capeshit has risen dramatically.

Man of Steel
The Captain America trilogy
Guardians of the Galaxy
X-Men: Days of Future Past
and many more

WHOA DUDE DID U SEE WHEN THOR LITERALLY PCIKED UP LOKI DUDE TAHT WAS EPIC, THOR AND THE AVENGERS FOR THE WIN!

>Man of Steel

Overall average quality is probably better now, but the really good ones from the early 2000's (X-Men, Spider-Man, Batman) haven't been topped

This thread only exist cause RLM talked about blade. This board is sad.

Problem?

Spider-Man is the cheesiest, most cliché superhero movie I've ever seen I don't know what most people find so great about it.
Must be nostalgia. I can't find no other logical explanation.

>i am an edge lord the post

>I can't refute his argument, let's use a buzzword ad hominem! That'll show him!
unironically leave this board forever

Fantastic 4 is one of the best capeshit movies ever

youtube.com/watch?v=TZ_42Ce-WCE

>Spider-Man is the cheesiest, most cliché superhero movie
Because that's what comic books are. It stayed loyal to that playful tone. The same way the Adam West Batman is the closest you'll get to the early comics. This whole modern grimdark trend is what makes superhero movies so unbearable.

>I can't find no other logical explanation.
pajeet pls

It's a cheesy celebration of a nerd running around in a rubber costume shooting webs at two-dimensional villains
Like the comics

What I find worse is Marvel attempting to land halfway between 60s camp and grimdark by pretending that their villains are intimidating and that the stakes are high whilst quipping relentlessly.

Yeah so what? That makes it ok at best, not "DUDE DA BEST SUPERHERO MOVIE EVAH! LOOK HOW ABSOLUTELY CLICHE' EVERYTHING IS, DAMSEL IN DISTRESS, OVER THE TOP VILLAIN AND EVERYTHING WHOAAA!".
I'm not saying it's a bad movie or a bad franchise but people should stop praising it as one of the best superhero flicks ever. I enjoy it myself for that matter, but I don't praise it for qualities it never had in the first place.
Nostalgia is cancer, it kills objective judgement.

Nobody's saying they're necessarily great movies, but they're faithful encapsulations of what Superheroes are about.

>Nobody's saying they're necessarily great movies
Some do, but fair enough.

I should add to my previous response that when I saw Raimi's Spiderman movies I was in my late childhood/early teens - the proper age for watching superhero movies.

About 60% of the movie

There were more shitty movies, but the good ones felt fresher.

People also understood that Hulk, Daredevil, Punisher, Spider-Man, Wolverine and The Human Torch didn't wear capes, so they'd never use "capeshit" to describe their movies.

>Edward Norton
>Mark Ruffalo
>Charlie Cox
>Ray Stevenson
>Henry Cavill
>Tyler Hoechlin
>Andrew Garfield
>Tom Holland
>Ben Affleck
>Michael B Jordan

Hugh Jackman is the last man standing.

God bless Hugh Jackman

the first 2 spider-man's were great

as much as I enjoyed Ray Stevenson's Punisher I liked the Thomas Jane the best.

Early X-Men movies were fantastic

Spawn is fantastic albeit poorly aged cgi

I went to the movies to see the hulk. My cousin fell sleep, poor thing.

To this day The Punisher is still one of my fav comic movies.
I really wish we could have gotten more Tom Jane Punisher instead of War Zone.

Maybe he could be the Pun isher in daredevil

>Hulk
meh
>Daredevil
shit
>Punisher
Haven't seen it
>Superman Returns
meh
>Spiderman
Kino
>Xmen
meh
>Batman Begins
meh
>Fantastic Four
Shit

Out of all of them you never fucking saw Punisher?
Check it out, my man.